Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server got switched off at 0045 tongiht so that "night duty" performance was restricted. :) :)

Is this a thing? Not seeing any form of announcement about this anywhere.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

Server is back. The server is not switching off. It just crashed and we just were sleeping. Woke up for some water... :D

The total downtime of the Server during EU night timezone since the 28th of August is ~5 hours.

As we are not able to add any other admin to the server for several reasons I think it's quite good. Stop moving ground units along with other things that can bring the server down and are mentioned before could help also to keep the server up...

Thanks for you patience.

IL2TOBIAS please stop it right away as you filled 2 pages with unnecessary info although all said that it's against the rules. Thanks in advance...

Also please prefer to send reports about multiplayer exploits etc through a pm or e-mail as ED forums rules mention that they don't allow these kind of reports against players etc.

Thank you all.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk
  • Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

A lot of whinning over here but this is the truth...

PCg1M1u.jpg

Show me a picture with opposite numbers and i will change my ride to the blue side...

Now someone please try to explain me that it is very funny to fly and fight without anyone to face you..... because i can´t understant it.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yes for sure,it was not good that this guy attacked you with his T72. But its not that hard to destroy a single tank. Even when its moving. You guys had Maverick and Vikhr rockets...

in the time you complained about this singe tank,you could destroy it 3 or 4 times.

That's not the point...you say it's not so hard to kill a single tank...I say in real life it would be easy to drop off a combat team at the opposite end of the runway with some Javelins and the story would end there...

But we can't. Since this is a simulation we are subject to the restrictions inherent in the system. WE have to wait until all the units are "dead" before the program will allow us to take the field...by moving units around and hiding without taking any shots to prevent the program from working properly is simply cheating.

You can call it what ever you want to sooth your conscience but the fact is it's taking advantage of a quirk in the programming. Hopefully this will be addressed in coming map updates to prevent children concerned more about winning at all costs than following the rules from ruining it for the people playing for fun..

I fly for fun and relaxation....not to be frustrated by asshat children who can't follow rules.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I still vote for removing all moveable CA units, people sadly cannot be trusted to only move units in first person.... this is the world we live in..... we should accept that not everyone will want to play nice and remove them, until ED patch a fix!

Oh yeah, about the war.....

it-ends-tonight-o-s.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I drove last night from Gagra (where I crash landed my huey like a noob :) ) to Bzyb then Gudauta and capture it. I missed my 4 missiles at some juicy fat F15c and F4s but that was nothing...

Then I parked in front of an open bunker and looked on the map... a blue Su25T was coming... I jumped back on the absolute awful controls of CA (especially after flying something you need to move the unit only by jostick and "backwards"...), tried to enter the darn bunker... bam!... I took an arrow in the knee...

My suggestion is not to remove CA slots as they are very useful. In general if something is good but has bad parts is better not to cut in flesh and remove the whole thing...

My suggestion would be to use fortifications more, use enemy RPG units placed around the road to slam the offenders or simple triggers that distroy/disable the moving units.

like this:

WZzGhYv.jpg

attached is an example mission. move the Vulcan to end of runway. press F7 to see

no exit.miz

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This thread has turned into bitching and complaining. Red has their high time moments and they recap everything blue takes, then blue wakes up and retake everything Red took, it's been back and forth ever since. Ya'll need to relax. At the moment nobody really has taken any serious advantage over the other or else we would see a nearly all blue or nearly all red map. It's been 50-50 every single time I take a look at it.

Less whining and cheating, more flying and pew pew please.

Edited by ralfidude

This thread has turned into bitching and complaining. Red has their high time moments and they recap everything blue takes, then blue wakes up and retake everything Red took, it's been back and forth ever since. Ya'll need to relax. At the moment nobody really has taken any serious advantage over the other or else we would see a nearly all blue or nearly all red map. It's been 50-50 every single time I take a look at it.

Less whining and cheating, more flying and pew pew please.

+1

I hope more will look at it from that point. Both sides fight very well and even and have great times. Enjoy it now you have something like this.

It's an event with features presented for the 1st time.

By filling a thread with complaints instead of feedback won't help to improve the changelog which is underway and will be announced shortly.

As said we mainly work on the ground units movement issue and things that can improve more stability.

Stay tuned :)

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

;

Oh yeah, about the war.....

it-ends-tonight-o-s.gif

phpnrYj0R.jpeg

Think again... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

so its cheating to attack a base with a tank? where is the problem that you guys cant even destroy a single T72? Muh murica freedom time has stopped

I appreciate your commitment, but it's not allowed to move units out of their objectives.

Ground command rules:

1. Can move only in first person.

2. Should not move ground units outside of objective.

3. Only dropped units from a chopper are allowed to be moved anywhere on the map, of course from first person only.

4. Moving ground units in concealed impossible to spot places such as under FARPs or inside buildings is not allowed.

Please relay to anyone you know who does this.

Translated to Russian (thanks IAF.Yuval):

Правила для наземного движения:

1. Вы можете двигаться только от первого лица. Не двигаться от F-10 карте.

2. Не разрешается перемещать сухопутные подразделения за пределами цели.

3. Только блок SA-9 (SHORAD) упал с вертолета разрешается передвигать в любом направлении на карте и только от первого лица.

4. Нельзя прятать сухопутные подразделения в зданиях или в оборонительных опорных пунктов FARP.

Пожалуйста ознакомьте всех с этими правилами.

Спасибо

S!

Edited by ViFF
Corrected Russian

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

A lot of whinning over here but this is the truth...

PCg1M1u.jpg

Show me a picture with opposite numbers and i will change my ride to the blue side...

Now someone please try to explain me that it is very funny to fly and fight without anyone to face you..... because i can´t understant it.

So and now tell mehr please when red has "its time". We habe this NEVER. You guys have it every night. Thats Not even fair.

Blue has more Eu players than Red has NA players... call it balancing when werden lose the whole map in a fight 5 vs 20

Edited by IL2TOBIAS

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

For they sacrifices beyond duty and hard fighting against overwhelming AI odds we are very proud to award the blue side with:

BOT KICKER HERO MEDAL.

UGcMxn8.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Honestly the CA messing around is taking the fun out of the campaign. Haven't seen any fight on an airfield for a few days now without this.

Would be one thing to fight an wild tank on an airfield after / while you take it. But that "one hidden unit" you need to capture is just silly.

This campaign has three stages throughout the day.

Late Morning/Afternoon : Red 50-70% vs Blue 30-50% = Red usually take bases

Afternoon/Evening : Red 50% v Blue 50% = intense action

Morning: Red <10% v Blue >90% = meh

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Honestly the CA messing around is taking the fun out of the campaign. Haven't seen any fight on an airfield for a few days now without this.

Would be one thing to fight an wild tank on an airfield after / while you take it. But that "one hidden unit" you need to capture is just silly.

Agreed.

Yesterday someone even just came on not to play the campaign but just to fly around :/