27 November 2015 DCS Weekend Update

Call911

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 yrs young here.........NTTR will knock 20 yrs off that I'm sure :D

Heck, you're only young once right, thats what I keep telling the wife anyway.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

i own several modules, also pre-purchased the nevada map and looking forward to the future of DCSWorld, but with increasing prices and no more 60%+ sales i will probably spent much less money on DCSWorld.

I understand that ED has to generate money to be able to continue working on old and new products and they do deliver quality work, no doubt about that, but for some customers that will probably lead to buying less...

on 60%+ sales a customer is inclined to buy modules they would never buy at full price, thus actually ED would make MORE money on a highly discounted item that is actually bought, than on the full price one that is not bought..

but i don't know anything about finance/company management :)

Has there been anyword whether this will be release for the normal install of DCS, or whether it will be for the Beta install?

Reading between the lines, it seems to me that stable will get 1.5 without Nevada and open beta becomes 2.0 with new map.

Without context this quote seems vaguely threatening. I like it. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Enjoy every year folks. It's fleeting! 73 here

You are SOOO right, Chief. Soooo right. Keep strong, and live long.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Nice to hear about the WW2 Spitifire module coming along with the Normandy map soon.

I started a virtual, multi-title, cronologic and historic combat pilot career beginning on the early days of ROF. It would be nice if the Normandy map release date would match the end of my WWI career. About the Nevada map, probably it is gonna take me a while to put my hands on. (A virtual time machine is a possibility though.) :)

About prices, prey for us brazilians who had our currency shrinked radically by half in less than a year due to some bad administration. DCS prices are now 2 times more expensive.

I will probably be bankrupt by the 60´s. :)

We'll lets just wait to see what they are talking about with price increases. Maybe they intend to bring the Mustang back up to price with its piers. It's like pulling teeth to get new blood in DCS unless they are coming from Cliffs of Dover or Stalingrad. To get into simulations like this have alot of requirements on the hardware side that are enough to deter younger players. I'm sure ED will take a hard look and adjust prices if they start to see a huge slide in sales.

The newsletter musta got buried under the 800+ black friday ads I got in my inbox yesterday lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We'll lets just wait to see what they are talking about with price increases. Maybe they intend to bring the Mustang back up to price with its piers. It's like pulling teeth to get new blood in DCS unless they are coming from Cliffs of Dover or Stalingrad. To get into simulations like this have alot of requirements on the hardware side that are enough to deter younger players. I'm sure ED will take a hard look and adjust prices if they start to see a huge slide in sales.

Considering the "Pro" Aircraft for FSX run about $70+ avg with basic or non existant weapons systems.

However I would wait for details, as nothing has been mentioned specifically other than fewer sales and smaller discounts.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

However I would wait for details, as nothing outside of today's newletter has been mentioned specifically other than fewer sales and smaller discounts.

Fixed that for you.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Fixed that for you.

Outside of a mention that some modules will see an increase, nothing has been announced, which is what I meant.

I think he means there will not be pre-purchase prices. After release those modules will get the normal prices (+25%) : NTTR and the Mirage-2000C

This. Too many panties in a bunch, when all they mean is that the pre-order prices and the bundle German WWII will go back to normal.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I was going to write the same thing. You thought thieve ������

No seriously it's fair that ED increases prices, mods are below the market prices besides we are a small community.

Just count your flying time and calculate how much you spent on the mod per hour. It would be ridiculously cheap

Edited by TomCatMucDe

This. Too many panties in a bunch, when all they mean is that the pre-order prices and the bundle German WWII will go back to normal.

Reading the newsletter, i understand this. My english is not perfect, but i think prices will go back to normal after the sales.

Reading the newsletter, i understand this. My english is not perfect, but i think prices will go back to normal after the sales.

This is my understanding as well. People are worrying for nothing. I'll have to admit that the actual meaning of the sentence isn't 100% clear though.