DCS World Updates Discussion

Wayc00lio

I would like an update where the wingman & TGP is fixed for A10C.

These 2 are the major bugs, that is really annoying when flying the A10C. :(

I know ED is working on a new FLIR, but that should take a long time. :noexpression:

Is it possible to get some updates on these things?

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like an update where the wingman & TGP is fixed for A10C.

These 2 are the major bugs, that is really annoying when flying the A10C. :(

I know ED is working on a new FLIR, but that should take a long time. :noexpression:

Is it possible to get some updates on these things?

I'd suggest the best solution is to get yourself a real wingman. Online play will solve the wingman thing entirely.

The TGP definitely needs some love though. It really does make the A-10C pretty impotent at the moment.

My PC reservoir froze, and it took me awhile to

get everything fixed. I have not played DCSW

Sense Jan 9th, and now I did all the upgrades

and the old 1.5 works great, but the 2.0 won't

Load. It crashes. I did the repair and upgrade

but it crashes. I did a video card upgrade and

also trackir had a new version.

I have 4 days off of work and wanted to

fly new terrain rather then caucus again.

Any help would be appreciated.

*********************************************************** Fixed Problem********************************

I found this with a search...

Go to

C:\Users\Reinladow\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua

and edit ["height"] = 1920, and ["width"] = 1080, to your correct resolution.

I ended up just erasing my Options.Lua and now everything is great

Edited by ctguy1955
fixed problem

• ED Team
My PC reservoir froze, and it took me awhile to

get everything fixed. I have not played DCSW

Sense Jan 9th, and now I did all the upgrades

and the old 1.5 works great, but the 2.0 won't

Load. It crashes. I did the repair and upgrade

but it crashes. I did a video card upgrade and

also trackir had a new version.

I have 4 days off of work and wanted to

fly new terrain rather then caucus again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Start a new thread with as much info as possible and someone will help, a guide to bug reporting can be found in my signature.

Please attach your whole logs folder zipped, and include your system spec in your post

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I love updates as much as anyone. What I love in particular are bug fixes. I love those even more than I do new content. But is it really that weird for ED to push things to sell? I mean... they have to make money, otherwise they will have to spend their time doing other things to be able to pay their bills. And if they are out mopping floors or whatever, we won't get new stuff.

I realize I may sound like an ED salesman here, but realize that things could be much much worse. They are an independent developer. Imagine if EA would be responsible for our DCS goodnes. I mean, my god. That would be the end of it, wouldn't it?

Last time I checked my Steam account before switching to the standalone version I had clocked over 1000 hours in DCS. In a year. And I fly only the A-10C. That is a ridiculously large amount of time for the $40-something I payed for the A-10C module. So much so that I actually felt bad about it and started buying the A-10C module again once per month, just to send a message to ED that that is where I personally want them to put their effort.

So as much as I want patches and bug fixes, don't hate on them for wanting to make money. That's the only way we are going to be able to get more of the good stuff.

Once a month? Has to be joke but you sound serious :S

Look, at around $40 for the A-10C module and around 1000 hours in a year that is $0.04 per hour. It is worth alot more than that to me.

You must have a kagillion spare modules by now. I wasn't making fun of you either, just amazed somebody's turned dcs into a kind of subscription model lol.

• ED Team
Don't you have to set up a new account to buy a module you already have?

No, you just click where it say's "bought" and it will add it to your basket

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No, you just click where it say's "bought" and it will add it to your basket

The only thing you cannot do, without setting up another account, is use bonus points to buy a module that you already have. I have purchased two or more copies of nearly every module available.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only thing you cannot do, without setting up another account, is use bonus points to buy a module that you already have. I have purchased two or more copies of nearly every module available.

I don't know, I think a had the possibilty to spend bonus points last time I did this.

• Like 1

I don't know, I think a had the possibilty to spend bonus points last time I did this.

It seems that they have changed that rule. Good to know since I think that I still have a considerable amount of bonus $.

Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, it's a shame, as I wanted to buy some extra modules in the last sale to use on a second PC, but was under the impression that I could only do so with a different account.

Well now I know. :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

You can buy more than 1 license.

I have multiple keys listed under each module,

for example A-10C, I bought from both ED a long time ago, and Steam.

Steam re-issued a new key when they changed A-10C 1.1.1.1 to A-10C DLC, But the Original is still active.

So now under my Module Manager I have all 3 keys listed.

Under my Windows 10 Install I Use one of the other A-10C Licenses, that way I dont have to De-Act and Re-Act everytime I bounce back and forth from Win7 and Win10 for testing.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

from the latest newsletter:

the option to add a Garmin GNS 430 navigation device that can be installed on various aircraft,

finally,, our uh-1, mi-8, su-25 and su-25t will be very very better!!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So no update to 2.0 today then.

Unless it's planned for the end of the month. I was under the impression that there was suppose to be a module release before the end of Q1. It's getting close. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

from the latest newsletter:

finally,, our uh-1, mi-8, su-25 and su-25t will be very very better!!

So where does it say those specific aircraft will get the Garmin? Not doubting you but actually very curious

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I'd rather have a Garmin in the Prop-Planes and Helos...

Su-25A/T allready have their navigation systems. The T more than the A but non the less, they are there.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Garmin? I think he meant the improved look of the russian weapons... :doh:

You overlooked the Garmin GNS 430 Note in the Newsletter, didn't you?

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I really dislike the adition of an improvised GPS nav system for legacy aircraft. I hope their use can be disabled by the server in mp. :mad:

Navigating with map and compass (or radio) is one of the core aspects of these aircraft.

The other news are awesome though! :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg