Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Winston 60. B29 Folder, Instal the Skins:

DCS World/Mods/aircraft/B-29/Liveries/B-29

You might have to create the last two folders yourself if you do not have them.

They do NOT go in the Main Liveries Folder, that's for in game aircraft, this is a Mod Aircraft.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

Winston 60. B29 Folder, Instal the Skins:

DCS World/Mods/aircraft/B-29/Liveries/B-29

You might have to create the last two folders yourself if you do not have them.

They do NOT go in the Main Liveries Folder, that's for in game aircraft, this is a Mod Aircraft.

Got it! Many thanks! :thumbup:

(reputation given)

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Delighted to help mate, and this aircraft finally helped me solve the obsession with shiny metal skins thing that seems to be the rage with the jets. I can understand why they like the nice polished metal but most of the aircraft I worked in or flew in were covered in crap most of the time.

Took me ages to work out how to take the shine off, and it was so simple really once the penny dropped !

Glad you like them, wish I was a better skinner but no doubt others will now pile in with some excellent work and the old B29 and B17's will get better and better.

Edited by crazyeddie

The latest version of the P38 will be available soon in the User / download section.

Fixed the argument 114, the weapon system and placed the FM.

Certainly it does not fly like a P38 but we tried to do our best.

remains the problem of taking off, the plane does not maintain the longitudinal axis. I apologize but this problem we could not fix it.

I remember that it is just an amateur mod waiting for the DCS or other companies will decide to do something better and pay more attention to the aircraft of WWII.

remains the problem of taking off, the plane does not maintain the longitudinal axis.

Yea noticed that too, it's using the tail wheel lock mechanism of the P-51 (which I haven't been able to modify either). It gets better by adding in the real weight values and slightly pushing the stick upon rolling to get better nosewheel responsiveness.

Anyway, looking forward to the new version. Would be awesome to have a WW2 server with all flyables some day. :thumbup:

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting the real weights was part of the issues we were having. Ended up a bit lower weights than the values we should have. I think more than a few of the SFM values are not correct so setting the real weights caused issues with the AI taking off. An empty P38 weighs more than a loaded P51 so could also be a side effect of using the P51 somehow as increasing the max thrust and Pmax values didn't seem to help at all, almost like one of the engines isn't producing thrust as far as DCS is concerned even though the prop is spinning and all seems good and having double or more the thrust for a P51 in the lua. I'll keep reading up on what doco I have (which isn't much) to see I can find anything to solve it anyway.

I think that increasing the engine power to simulate the increased power of the P38, the FM of the DCS increases the lateral skidding due to the propeller rotation simply because the FM is not expected that the aero has two engines and therefore is not expected to the lateral thrust produced by a propeller balances the lateral thrust of the other propeller.

Uploaded a small pack of B17 skins for the 91st, 94th, 486th and 487th Bomb Groups, a mixture of Olive Drab and Metalic skins, with accurate Tail and Side letters where possible, 487th is a bit of a compromise to make it fit and look half decent.

Not doing any more after this lot, so that's it.

Screen_160623_190312.jpg

......very nice crazyeddie:thumbup:

• Like 1

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

We started working on the Mitsubishi G4M.

The livery is that plane which was shot down Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.

Still lack the collision model and damage model and then it will take several days.

Get ready to create the mission. We have the Zero and also the P38.

NsZj6Fvl.jpg

unidcPOl.jpg

6XwtILcl.jpg

nlNHaqrl.jpg

9kfw8cvl.jpg

eZoZC1Yl.jpg

• Like 3

-Should be available soon, just fine tuning the damage model.

Also noteworthy, on any of these models the rear gunners will only shoot on the host machine in MP and will not shoot at clients. The bug has been reported.

Any news on the AI He-111 ?

• Like 2

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

He111 is getting there. I've been having trouble adding MG151,131 and using the Browning .303 to act as a MG80 so you might see it with M2 .50cal placeholders. Although it may be a good thing as I am not sure whether adding the Luftwaffe guns might make a dependency on the Fw190 and Bf109. Still have the damage side to look at too.

Screen_160626_204950.thumb.jpg.d6c21af559d6fff3f5ac8400e9195a12.jpg

Screen_160626_205419.thumb.jpg.79a1b91bb8185bf21a61ac79777c9504.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my, that He111... So you guys have done Japan quite well, the US bombers German bomber in the pipeline, some attack fighters, it begs the question...Lancaster, Wellington, Mosquito? just in case you were running out of ideas you know ... cough :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Awesome job! THANK YOU, to all of you guy's :thumbup:

WWII missions are so much more fun now with all the wonderful WWII AI additions :)

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It would be great to collect all available modules in one page/thread. Its complicated to read through all pages to find the downloads...

+1

I am overwhelmed by this thread, though it is great to see the work going on.

One thing I do not understand: do some of these mods take the place of the P-51D in DCS? It would be useful to have all the ETO bombers in one download so they can take their place alongside the P-51, 190, and 109.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Granted I haven't downloaded any of your aircraft modules but they all look seriously impressive for mods and damn you guys have a ton, slowly convincing me to buy the P-51 soon. Out of curiosity, are any of the gun emplacements...how do I put this, moving parts? And if they aren't, do you guys plan to ever make them as such? How much extra work would that require? You guys do some awesome work and the amount of extra content you guys seem to provide is spectacular. Keep up the good work!

Regarding the bombers and their airspeeds. I know the mach number was pulled down to realistic values. But in my experience setting these up in formations at high altitudes, the real numbers are not working for some reason. For example, the B17 model with realistic mach number can not hold 30k ft at 230 knots (TS). My testing has shown it needs more like 245-250 knots (TS) at that altitude to hold. and then the wingmen need an extra buffer of like 10 knots to be able to maintain formation. The easy fix is to just bump the mach number back up to allow them that speed at that altitude, either that or other flight model data needs to be adjusted so they can fly the slower speed at that high alt.