EF Status Update

Hey elles are you lads going to be adding the new damage modle system when it gets done? I hear it could be abit of a game changer and is (for you coding wizards) easy to add to your aircraft. Sorry if this has been asked before.

P.S would love to see some venom, vampire or meteor pics from your team.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It is hard to understand this question (?) but what I can understand from your post is that you are asking whether VEAO Eurofighter Typhoon DCS module future owners will benefit from further module development.

Short answer - I don't think so. From what I understood reading their Q and A, they are going with Block 5 and that's as far as it goes, although they keep their minds open as far as later Typhoon models go. This however will not happen anytime soon. Block 5 is still in early development stage - which is by all means my private and MY opinion only.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144730

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No for now it will be and stay tranche 1, block 5.

This. I know, never say never, but there probably won't be any other Eurofighter variants than the tranche 1, block 5 Eurofighter in DCS. At least not in the foreseeable future.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is the last known info I have about the typhoon release date (said by Elss228 on february 19th this year in this post. I think it may be safe to assume now she won't be out this year.

Yes and thats why release dates are not given no more hence the quote "Two weeks" Its done when its done :) Im pretty sure set backs will push it back more, Like getting the hawk finished and preparing the P-40 for release, The EF can wait for me :)

The Hawk was, and still is a tremendous learning piece for VEAO and I feel they've learned a lot from it. One of the things being: Don't release a product too early! First out comes the P-40 and it will hopefully be in a much better state than the Hawk is now (not to mention how it was when it was first released).

Regarding the Eurofighter, I have a feeling we have to wait a lot longer for that to come out, and it will be worth the wait. Less bugs, most features completed, flightmodel completed, proper tutorials and missions.

Rushing a product never helped, and I have a feeling VEAO learned their lessons. It is a damn complex aircraft under the hood, and when you think about how long the Hawk (you can't really go much simpler, eh?) has been in the making...

I trust VEAO to deliver a quality product now they've got the hang of things. In due time.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Well i mean VEAO is too busy on the P-40E to make the Vintage planes part of the DCS community happy. I just want the Tiffy tho :( pray for it to be early 2017 (in like February, or something)

The team working on P-40F is completely separate from our guys on Typhoon, there is very minimal overlap, mainly at a management level rather then some of our devs.

Tiffy is in no way being held up by P-40F or any of the other warbirds/early jets.

No new info on Typhoon yet I am afraid, keep an eye on our monthly updates

Pman

I'm surprised there's enough unclassified data on the typhoon for veo to attempt to create a full fidelity module

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm surprised there's enough unclassified data on the typhoon for veo to attempt to create a full fidelity module

Me too...surprised but very very happy! :D

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

There isn't.

VEAO have a military contract for it. Just like ED did with the A10C, so they have access to all sorts of classified data. We're fortunate to be getting a consumer version of it.

Edited by Buzzles
Added link
There isn't.

VEAO have a military contract for it. Just like ED did with the A10C, so they have access to all sorts of classified data. We're fortunate to be getting a consumer version of it.

hmm yea i remember the a10c was initially a mil contract, though in the case of the A10 its Charlie upgrades in 2007 didnt really offer any new technology that hadnt already been present on 4th gen multirole fighters. It got Multifunction displays, ability to laser designate targets, arm Gbus or Jdams, and use a Targeting POd. technology that had already been in use with 4th gen fighters like for EG in the F16C blk 40. or F18C that entered service around 20 years prior, so i honestly didnt think there would be any if much classified info on the A10C.

ofc Euro typhoon its different story. its 4.5 gen design , a cutting edge plane from the 21st century. . dont get me wrong im very glad were getting a "consumer" version even if it is dumbed down a bit to not get any classified aspects leaked ( im guessing it be mostly to do with EW and radar aspects, as i recall seeing a manual posted on Scribid on preview), but in any case if made, the EF will be the most modern & sophisticated jet fighter in DCS unless we get the F22 or F35 which im not expecting to happen.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As Buzzles has already said, they have access to classified stuff (which doesn't mean they are allowed to incorporate everything they know into the DCS module).

A quotre from one of the devs:

Access to equipment like the Typhoon takes years of negotiations, background security checks and a whole host of hoops to jump through just to be able to sit in it and power it up so we can "play" with the buttons on the MHDD's to get accurate info.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

in any case if made, the EF will be the most modern & sophisticated jet fighter in DCS unless we get the F22 or F35 which im not expecting to happen.

ED's F/A-18C will also be kicking ass

fully multirole fighters will rule out in MP - you'll be able to SEAD, CAP and CAS in a single sortie, can u imagine that ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmm yea i remember the a10c was initially a mil contract, though in the case of the A10 its Charlie upgrades in 2007 didnt really offer any new technology that hadnt already been present on 4th gen multirole fighters. It got Multifunction displays, ability to laser designate targets, arm Gbus or Jdams, and use a Targeting POd. technology that had already been in use with 4th gen fighters like for EG in the F16C blk 40. or F18C that entered service around 20 years prior, so i honestly didnt think there would be any if much classified info on the A10C.

The A-10C was initially the desktop trainer to the Usa Air National Guard, the contract to get a "entertainment" version was based on the "approved" content by the USA Military. Some systems and aircraft blocks has "locked / Banned" by security or no approved to release (Laser Maveric, IFF, a limited Block 3 A-10C version and other stuff).

Others DCS "military" contracts has show on "The Battle Sim" professional / military simulator by ED

http://www.thebattlesim.com/about/

TFC and ED has been the developer of Desk Top Trainer (DTT) simulations for the United States military. Completed projects include:

A-10C DTT. Conversion trainer and procedural trainer for the A-10C PE program. Developed for Suite 5.1, this DTT has been deployed to all active duty, reserve, and ANG A-10C squadrons.

AC-130U DTT. Sensor and weapon operator procedures trainer for the USAF.

UAV Operator Station. Sensor suite developed for the A-10C PE DTT has also been used at Randolph AFB for UAV sensor operators training.

Both projects were delivered on time and on budget.

Combined Arms was based on a JTAC trainer to the UK Army (By the defunct Jim Nickolochy on a old video).

A F-22 and a F-35 can be feasible if ED reach a agreement with military with some contract or get a license with approved data to a "entertainment version". The EF case as similar, VEAO work with the RAF military, but your contract has "locked" functionality / block to the entertainment version.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
ED's F/A-18C will also be kicking ass

fully multirole fighters will rule out in MP - you'll be able to SEAD, CAP and CAS in a single sortie, can u imagine that ?

hey don't hey me wrong nothing agianstthe f18c in fact very much looking forward to it but the ef typhoon is a nonetheless newer and more sophisticated than the f18c.it depends how much is limited in the consumer version. ef is also multirole.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro