Regarding the F-16C module in progress

carss

...what is going to be the common wishlist items if we finally get an F-16??

:D:smartass: It will be;

- Why can we have this version? or Why did they pick this version? or How come it does not have weapons Y or pod X? etc. etc.

Like every other module wish list out there, so the same.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

may it be in 2 , or may it be in 5 years, no matter what, I'll wait till the day the F16 gets done. Full clickable Cockpit, full A2A and A2G mode ..and this in DCS .. :notworthy:

and btw: yes there are many annoying wishlist threads out there, but this can never be the case for an F16 :D

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

This is true, what is going to be the common wishlist items if we finally get an F-16??

Dynamic Campaigns :lol::lol:

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

With so many planes that never had had a study sim released, why would you want so much a second study sim of the F-16? If you asked me, it'd be more interesting to see a study sim of a Mig-29 (or another "virgin" plane).

But of course I wouldn't mind the F-16...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Dynamic Campaigns

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Even if a full fidelity DCS F-16 module released today, aside from graphics, it would be a shell of what is available in BMS 4.33 and it's amazing dynamic campaign.

I will continue to hope that the core engine/systems of DCS are fleshed out as opposed to just new modules.

Although the dynamic campaign of BMS is not really dynamic, and offcourse I would love to see modules for F-16, AH-64 and Mi-24, but in my opinion the last sentence does have tremendous merit because it highlights a couple of underlying issues that are creeping up on DCS, being the self proclaimed "Sandbox Simulation" that it is.

IMHO there are two underlying problems with focusing on high fidelity modules at the expense of fleshing out the core engine/systems that exray mentioned above.

The first underlying problem is that at some point there will be so many high fidelity modules that many virtual pilots will reach their limit of how many modules they can enjoy due to the amount of time needed to become reasonably proficient at flying and fighting and utilizing the systems of these highly technical simulations of airplanes. I don't know who has the time but I can hardly imagine myself being able to hop in the F-16, then the F-18, then the Viggen, then the A-10C, then the MiG-21, then the F-5E, then the Ka-50, etc... Each with their 300 to 400 page manual... At some point even the most proficient virtual pilot who has no life outside his PC living in his parents basement will reach their saturation point where they simply don't buy new modules because the alternative is having purchased everything and sucking at everything.

The second underlying problem is that while concentrating on creating modules the sandbox part of the simulation remains just that: a barren sandbox, albeit with the tools to create scenarios in the virtual world, but without continuity and without any simulation of the rolling and manipulating the underlying logistics and dynamics of a virtual battlefield. I think the most striking example is the slot based GUI that limits all content creators to a very narrow scripting of content. Trying to reach above this requires learning lua code, a curve way to steep for the general user.

IMHO there should be more focus on tools for creating content with built-in real world dynamics. Finite state machines that have the ability to run persistent world virtual battlefields containing Order of Battle (OOBs), tables of equipment that get updated, logistic movements of equipment and energy and supplies and reinforcements, squadrons and units on the battlefield aggregating and de-aggregating into and out of FRAG lists, Air Tasking Orders, etc.

For example I don't want to choose a pre-scripted "slot", but rather choose an aircraft squadron that is currently based at airbase "x" look at the list of missions that is constantly being generated for that squadron, choose an appealing mission and fly it, and finally in the de-brief see how the actions and accomplishments of the mission has affected (and will affect) the battlefield.

Sorry to derail, but in my opinion this is becoming important for DCS.

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Although the dynamic campaign of BMS is not really dynamic, and offcourse I would love to see modules for F-16, AH-64 and Mi-24, but in my opinion the last sentence does have tremendous merit because it highlights a couple of underlying issues that are creeping up on DCS, being the self proclaimed "Sandbox Simulation" that it is.

IMHO there are two underlying problems with focusing on high fidelity modules at the expense of fleshing out the core engine/systems that exray mentioned above.

The first underlying problem is that at some point there will be so many high fidelity modules that many virtual pilots will reach their limit of how many modules they can enjoy due to the amount of time needed to become reasonably proficient at flying and fighting and utilizing the systems of these highly technical simulations of airplanes. I don't know who has the time but I can hardly imagine myself being able to hop in the F-16, then the F-18, then the Viggen, then the A-10C, then the MiG-21, then the F-5E, then the Ka-50, etc... Each with their 300 to 400 page manual... At some point even the most proficient virtual pilot who has no life outside his PC living in his parents basement will reach their saturation point where they simply don't buy new modules because the alternative is having purchased everything and sucking at everything.

The second underlying problem is that while concentrating on creating modules the sandbox part of the simulation remains just that: a barren sandbox, albeit with the tools to create scenarios in the virtual world, but without continuity and without any simulation of the rolling and manipulating the underlying logistics and dynamics of a virtual battlefield. I think the most striking example is the slot based GUI that limits all content creators to a very narrow scripting of content. Trying to reach above this requires learning lua code, a curve way to steep for the general user.

IMHO there should be more focus on tools for creating content with built-in real world dynamics. Finite state machines that have the ability to run persistent world virtual battlefields containing Order of Battle (OOBs), tables of equipment that get updated, logistic movements of equipment and energy and supplies and reinforcements, squadrons and units on the battlefield aggregating and de-aggregating into and out of FRAG lists, Air Tasking Orders, etc.

For example I don't want to choose a pre-scripted "slot", but rather choose an aircraft squadron that is currently based at airbase "x" look at the list of missions that is constantly being generated for that squadron, choose an appealing mission and fly it, and finally in the de-brief see how the actions and accomplishments of the mission has affected (and will affect) the battlefield.

Sorry to derail, but in my opinion this is becoming important for DCS.

For myself, this sounds good in an all out war scenario, but I actually like the current campaigns, with rebel armies, counter insurgency and asymmetric warfare.

So dynamic campaign will generate the typical "cold war gone hot" missions, but nothing to recreate recent conflicts.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Dynamic Campaigns :lol::lol:

True Words! :D

:smilewink: terrains like Colorado, Afghanistan, Corsica, Bangladesh etc. will be more popular assuredly :yes:

More than Dynamic Campaigns? :huh:

Pretty sure not. Just take a look at this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=64161 ;)

Have you seen the date, which says it was in 2008?

I did ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg