New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

We also need clarity on which version of "Saved Games" data will be used for 2.5. I'm currently maintaining these data for the 3 versions of DCS, and I need to know which one to focus on for maintenance quality.

I would like to know this too. Which Saved Games folder will the 2.5 release (not open beta) use?

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know this too. Which Saved Games folder will the 2.5 release (not open beta) use?

Thanks

That's what I want to know. I've asked but my post seems like it's been ignored. Or maybe they just haven't decided yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume you can copy your input folder from 2.2 without problem.

This is working between versions since always.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

DCS 1.5 RELEASE -> Legacy Unsupoorted

DCS 1.5 OPEN BETA -> DCS 2.5 OPEN BETA

DCS 2.5 RELEASE -> NEW INSTALLER

DCS 2.0 OPEN ALPHA -> DISCONTINUED

I'm sorry but I have a really hard time to grasp this. New installer does not mean new DCS Updater, or does it?

Because if the updater stays the same, I wonder why I can not switch from DCS 1.5 RELEASE to DCS 2.5 RELEASE then?

And can I switch FROM DCS 2.5 OPEN BETA to DCS 2.5 RELEASE then?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks

BOLEK :lol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

@ QuiGon - It seems they want to keep unsupported 1.5 stable for these who either can't, or don't want to get rid of it just yet. I believe its updater must be "cut off" the updating servers then, so it doesn't nag the player about "update available" everytime he wants to play the thing.

If I were you, I would use relevant command to convert stable into beta (they probably will be the same anyway) and then update beta to 2.5.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

@ QuiGon - It seems they want to keep unsupported 1.5 stable for these who either can't, or don't want to get rid of it just yet. I believe its updater must be "cut off" the updating servers then, so it doesn't nag the player about "update available" everytime he wants to play the thing.

If I were you, I would use relevant command to convert stable into beta (they probably will be the same anyway) and then update beta to 2.5

Yes, that's what I will do, but can I switch from the 2.5 OB to the 2.5 RELEASE then?

Meaning: 1.5 RELEASE -> 1.5 OB -> 2.5 OB -> 2.5 RELEASE

And btw: Previous versions of DCS, like DCS 1.2 are still available already. You can switch to them by using the updater, so keeping an old unsupported version would not be something new.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guys, I think you're carrying a confusion over the posts. There is nothing mentioned in the post from Wags about copying a complete saved games folder. Just the pilot statistics which is nothing more than a single file.

Regardless of that, copying settings like the view configuration, controllers bindings, kneeboards, liveries or cockpits stored in user saved games folder takes less time than writing this post.

...We also need clarity on which version of "Saved Games" data will be used for 2.5. ...

Any files in your Users/Saved Games folder will not be affected.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Probably I will install new 2.5 stable first, leaving 1.5.8 stable, 1.5.8 openbeta and 2.2 openalpha in the SSD disk (4 installations). After that, I will update 1.5.8 openbeta to 2.5 openbeta. When all is completed and tested, I will delete 2.2 openalpha and 1.5.8 stable.

If I would run out of space to maintain 4 installations, probably I will uninstall 1.5.8 stable first, as all files needed from 1.5.8 are in openbeta already.

Edited by splash

Assuming that most had been running 1.5 beta in order to get the updates as soon as possible it'll not take more than just update the 1.5 beta to 2.5 beta and continue using it. No need to create additional installs and pretty much the same process as we do every time when an update/patch comes out.

Those which prefered the 1.5 stable will have to download and run a new install and if decide so can remove the 1.5 afterwards.

Regardless of the scenario 2.2 can be deleted but it's better to do it after the update to save some time for downlad. Can't get any easier :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Another Question: Will the new caucasus map be an integral part of the basic installation in 2.5 or will it be an optional module like other maps and can be downloaded for free by everyone through the module manager?

Tornado3 small.jpg

The caucasus map has integral part of 2.5, similar to the 1.5

Thanks, I thought might be different with the new file structure under 2.5.

Where did you got that information?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I Suppose them, has very strangle with Caucasus coming outside the main program.

+1. Technically as we can see in 2.2 DCS can run without a caucasus and we can be almost sure it could be setup as a free to download module. Think however from the perspective of new people coming to DCS and starting it up for the first time.

I Suppose them, has very strangle with Caucasus coming outside the main program.

It would be the same as it is with all the other maps, except that you don't have to buy it in order to be able to download it as it is free.

As the new file structure under 2.x doesn't require the caucasus map to be integrated into DCS, it will just be a map among others and so I though it might be available as an optional module just like all the other maps. That would be useful, as probably not everyone want to have all maps installed, because of the disk space they require. Also if you (re-)install the game it would be nice for people with slow internet connection to not be forced to download this map if they don't want to and just want to play on other maps.

+1. Technically as we can see in 2.2 DCS can run without a caucasus and we can be almost sure it could be setup as a free to download module. Think however from the perspective of new people coming to DCS and starting it up for the first time.

They could just get a hint on first game start that they are required to download a map. That shouldn't be too complicated for people who want to play DCS ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

They could just get a hint on first game start that they are required to download a map. That shouldn't be too complicated for people who want to play DCS ;)

Agree though I could still imagine some people being not too happy about the fact that they just run a new install and have to run additionall download to make it complete ;)

Agree though I could still imagine some people being not too happy about the fact that they just run a new install and have to run additionall download to make it complete ;)

Fair point, although personally I find it more convenient to be forced to download and install a map I might not want to play on, especially when we get even more maps than the ones we already know about. But I get what you mean :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Next to the new 2.5, I also like it very much now, that the 3e party developers are ED certificated: I can remember, when a new version of a welknown flightsim (you know which one) came out in the past, there were all these compatibility problems!!

Now, we have no worries :)

Best regards, Willem

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Might that mean that the newer modules will be compatible with Steam version once more, or is there a different reason for incompatibility?

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Fair point, although personally I find it more convenient to be forced to download and install a map I might not want to play on, especially when we get even more maps than the ones we already know about. But I get what you mean :)

The free aircraft have always been part of the main download so it is unlikely that the free map would be a separate download.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The free aircraft have always been part of the main download so it is unlikely that the free map would be a separate download.

Good point, although a map is much bigger in size than aircraft modules. If you have bad internet it will take quiet a while to download a map. But you're right that maps now technically work just like aircraft modules and the Su-25T and TF-51 have never been optional, so it will probably be the same with the new caucasus map :(

Tornado3 small.jpg