[REPORTED]Nevada Terrain Texture Tileing

Snacko

I set the time of day to very early and am seeing these reflective terrain tiles in the Nevada map. I'm pretty sure it's the reflective surface of part of the tiles because it gets brighter as I fly an angle towards the sun. And at higher altitudes, looking more straight down this is not a problem.

I have no mods installed when testing this. And my game settings are mostly on high. And I am using DCS MSAA 2x + nVidia's FXAA.

Is there any way to fix this?

Looking away from the sunrise:

NUTQUK9.jpg

Looking toward the sunrise:

AgI3KA7.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Perhaps it's just my system? Or it could just be the part of the map that I am using?

Could someone test this mission for me and post a screenshot. I would like to know if it's just my system.

Thanks.

Terrain Test.miz

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Hi

I just care about that, a few minutes ago and I was just about to post a thread about that but I can see I'm not the only one and the problem is already reported.

Just on NTTR in 2.5 OB. Not on 2.2.

For now, I havn't noticed anything like that on Caucasus map 2.5

Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I have it too happened after after I did the latest up date sure looks nasty. NTTR map.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I get the feeling the shiny, baked earth look when you have a very low sun angle is intentional, but the repeating geometric pattern isn't.

Yes, I think that shiny pooling texture looks ok.

But the tile pattern is bad. I think I noticed it before this hotfix two days ago. But I am glad it has been reported. Hope it's fixed soon. The repeating pattern would not be as noticeable if it were not reflective I think.

nttr ground reflections

I'm getting weird sun reflections on the ground in the nttr map 2.5. looks like ice. didn't have this problem in 2.2.

its coming from the sun and when your far from it like a few thousand feet its all in tiles. i cant stand it, its so ugly:(

oculus rift cv1

I found the culprit files to be "Noise.min" & "Noise". These files are located in Mods,terrains,Nevada,vfstextures.

I copied the two files from a clean 2.5 install with Nevada into the latest 2.5 update and overwriting the existing two files and the problem was gone.

I suppose this is a new and upcoming feature for a future release, just my two cents worth.

I noticed it when I first flew the Nevada map after installing 2.5. I figured it was some a setting on my graphics card or PC that was causing it as I had never seen that effect before. Does look strange but I have confidence in the ED team that they will address it or at least provide usd with a setting that minimizes this issue.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Be sure that 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' is check marked when right clicking on the shortcut for DCS under compatibility tab.

This was a new feature added in the 1709 build that is known to cause issues with AMD cards and certain apps/games when ran in fullscreen.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

That didn't work for me.

Be sure that 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' is check marked when right clicking on the shortcut for DCS under compatibility tab.

This was a new feature added in the 1709 build that is known to cause issues with AMD cards and certain apps/games when ran in fullscreen.

This is happening on Nvidia cards as well.