Graphics Settings "Save As" Option

Terzi

I sometimes use VR device, but sometimes I don't for video recording or taking screenshots etc. I use lower settings for VR than what I would use normally.

It would be nice to define user saveable settings and load them while switching. Or make one setting that always comes with VR enabled, the other setting comes when you start without VR.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Hopefully in the future it'll be a thing as part of DCS itself

But for now you can use a .bat file to do that, see here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2819005&postcount=6

and maybe

Skate Zilla will also find a way to add it into his GUI Utility in a future update https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3374577&postcount=358 :v:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

I sometimes use VR device, but sometimes I don't for video recording or taking screenshots etc. I use lower settings for VR than what I would use normally.

It would be nice to define user saveable settings and load them while switching. Or make one setting that always comes with VR enabled, the other setting comes when you start without VR.

This would be awesome, even if it overwrote the "predefined" settings buttons in options. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3282210&postcount=1

You should be able to change the directory, essentially allowing you to have different configurations. Give it a shot. I'm away from the computer so I can't test it out for you.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 4 weeks later...

+1 I can see then need for it

I ended up writing a simple batch file for doing this when I launch DCS

I just get a menu listing which type of config to load

eg

One for Editing

One for Playing

One for doing video capture

see this thread for early version of it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204775

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Latest Prelim Changelog of next Version:

-Art / Layout Adjustments

-Added PDF Buttons for All Modules

-Adjusted some more Detection Code

-Pre-coding for future expansion ideas

-Changed Background Graphics

-Adjusted Module Detection to Auto-Run on launch

-Adjusted Module Detection to Auto-Run when switching builds

-Moved Folders/Paths/Language Settings to a Separate Unified Settings Screen

-Moved Oculus Mirror Settings to Unified Settings Screen

-Re-Coded Arrays to Allow Custom Names to be Set for each Build,

(Custom Name will show on the Builds Panel to the Left and in the Drop down Menu)

(*Note in this preview shows, the background was removed, Also entire Version number will be displayed, I had changed it to only Show major and Major Subversions, But changed it back to show entire Version number.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180459&stc=1&d=1520371467

Addition to Previous Changes above, I've also integrated and tested:

-Set Limit of 20 Characters for Custom Build Names.

-Re-coded Detection and Auto-Scan Functions During Launch/Build Switching

-Update Button will automatically scan/refresh version numbers displayed when Update is complete.

-Module Install/Uninstall Buttons will automatically scan/refresh modules when install is complete

-All Launch/Model Viewer Buttons Updated As well.

-Added Status Line

I Plan to make some adjustments to font / sizes on some sections, and some minor alignment changes.

Spot the New Stuff:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181402&stc=1&d=1521663818

Another feature being integrated and tested is Saved Games Folder Paths,

Which will Allow Users to Launch VR and NonVR with Separate Settings Automatically.

Originally I was going to Parse the LUA and allow users to set every value in the options.lua w/ a GUI, but this is simply too complicated and would be several pages of values to edit and save,

Instead, Allowing a User to have separate VR/NonVR Options Files and allow the user to set VR/NonVR Options within the DCSWorld GUI Path was chosen.

So After Setting your Saved Games Folders for Each Build.

When Launching w/ VR On, you will have separate settings than VR Off.

And they will be persistent.

Basically, On first launch, if the VR Options File isn't already present/detected, it will copy your Default Options.lua and create it.

Launch DCS w/ VR, Set your settings as you wish, Close DCS.

A Separate VR File will be Generated, this VR File will replace the normal Options.lua when a VR Launch Button is clicked on the App.

When the App Closes, the VR Options File Be Renamed and the non-vr Options File will be restored.

When a Non VR Button is clicked DCS Will Launch w/ the Normal Options.lua as it should.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181691&stc=1&d=1522213519

On Top of VR having Separate Settings,

I am also Integrating a PRESET 1, PRESET 2, PRESET 3, PRESET 4 System.

Which will allow a user to select from Drop Down Menu the 4 Presets, Default, or VR HEADSET Presets.

VR Headset Profile is Usable in launching in NonVR Modes for users that are using VR w/ Google Carboard solutions.

When Launching w/ VR On or SteamVR Button, the VR Headset profile will automatically be used.

if no Option is Set or if DEFAULT is selected it will use the Options.lua as is.

PRESET x will have a separate file for each preset and will load those when DCS is launched, and restore the default Options.lua when DCS is closed.

All the presets will be generated from the default options.lua, then the user will be able to launch DCS and configure each individually.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181896&stc=1&d=1522603640

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

+1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 7 months later...

I would love to see this feature implemented in DCS GUI.

It makes sense, especially when switching between TiR and VR which generally require different video settings. Having to manually reset things the way you like each time is a PITA.

Being able to save 3 or 4 Custom Settings would be great.

It would also allow for experimentation of different setting combinations ... quickly and easily.

Having to install Mods and/or workarounds is not the way to go. Especially when it means having to learn yet another program in order to do that which should be so easy, makes no sense to me.

DCS please implement the ability to save Custom Video Settings ASAP.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I would love to see this feature implemented in DCS GUI.

It makes sense, especially when switching between TiR and VR which generally require different video settings. Having to manually reset things the way you like each time is a PITA.

Being able to save 3 or 4 Custom Settings would be great.

It would also allow for experimentation of different setting combinations ... quickly and easily.

Having to install Mods and/or workarounds is not the way to go. Especially when it means having to learn yet another program in order to do that which should be so easy, makes no sense to me.

DCS please implement the ability to save Custom Video Settings ASAP.

Respectfully , Skatezilla's GUI is very simple to use and offers a very great deal in terms of DCS management . As DCS requires a reboot in any event following a video change , I see no downside to Skatezilla's use .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Actually, I just discovered his DCS Configuration Manager software link AFTER I posted.

I haven't tried it yet but I most certainly will.

The point of my post however, was with regards to DCS implementing this type of feature in-game, rather than having the need for talented people like Skatezilla to produce external software.

In the meantime, if this Config Manager works I'll use it.

Thanks

SnowTiger:joystick:

+1 for having this in game.

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Respectfully , Skatezilla's GUI is very simple to use and offers a very great deal in terms of DCS management . As DCS requires a reboot in any event following a video change , I see no downside to Skatezilla's use .

I need to read the instructions a bit more. I tried to use SZ's tool to do just that. Have multiple configs. I'll figure it out eventually

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1