Four Additional Flaming Cliffs Aircraft

Vampyre

• ED Team
I think FC4 would be perfect for tandem seat fighters, as a mirror FC3 and some of the full fidelity planes. FC4 could have the F-15D, Mirage 2000D, Su-30, Mig-29UB and such?

Sure, but as stated above, just so expectations are set, the added aircraft will be FC3 versions of existing full modules.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just to clarify as I got some new info on this, the additional aircraft will be FC3 level version of existing modules. Existing FC3 customers will get a discount towards this update. Which aircraft will be announced later.

Seriously?

FC3 Mig21, F5 Mirage 2000 etc?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hey guys, just to clarify as I got some new info on this, the additional aircraft will be FC3 level version of existing modules. Existing FC3 customers will get a discount towards this update. Which aircraft will be announced later.

Aircraft havent been stated yet, but yes.

FC4 was a chance to introduce new aircraft that wouldn't otherwise be in DCS because they can't be made in full fidelity format, and you go and just remove the full fidelity features from existing aircraft to sell them as "new" modules. That's incredibly stupid and so, SO lazy. I probably would have bought a Flaming Cliffs 4 module with new aircraft. I'm not buying this.

Edited by JVance

Sure, but as stated above, just so expectations are set, the added aircraft will be FC3 versions of existing full modules.

FC3 versions of existing full modules? Like?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

That sounds like something I'll be passing on, for sure. If we were getting new usable aircraft from the existing assets, sure. That'd be cool. But if it's just a simplified version? Yeah, that's a hard pass from me.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

This is a terrible idea. I'd pay for an FC F22 or Typhoon or Su-35, etc. Taking existing modules and selling a dumbed down version is a terrible idea that will create terrible issues for multiplayer. Suddenly FC4 aircraft will be easier to fly/superior in multiplayer to their full fidelity counterparts. Server admins will feel the pressure to include them to invite new players, but will have to face alienating owners of the full fidelity modules who will now find their $60 modules inferior to a $40 simplified multi plane module.

Use FC to include interesting aircraft that can't have their avionics modeled in full detail. Don't create more problems for the multiplayer community.

I'm not really sure about the multiplayer world but Flaming Cliffs level aircraft destroy the immersion and realism in DCS World for me. I could imagine it being worse in multiplayer.

Perhaps it might be a good thing if these two gameplay levels are divided online, if FC continues to grow.

Although I like the idea of FC level aircraft for new players, it leaves the main goal of DCS World back, most realistic and accurate simulations of the real aircraft.

I have a huge respect for DCS and ED, but all these years playing and following DCS and its community, this has to be the worst decision ever made (that I've seen).

A throwback, that's what it is to me. I first got into DCS because it was offering something no other game/sim could offer, a true full fidelity module of an aircraft I love, the A-10. But seeing this kind of stuff in 2018 is very disappointing.

Please Nick Grey, let's not go that way. That's not what we need/want.

[…]That's not what we need/want.

Do you have any metrics about the vast majority of the player base who do not post on these forums and are using only FC3 level planes ? I'd be interested.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

This sounds like the worst decision since the WWII Assets Pack.

Will the server owner/mission builder be able to prevent these from being used? Right now by mission design I can keep the player F-15C out of my mission easily and only have it AI but if they make a FC4 F/A-18C will I be able to ensure that only the Full Fidelity F/A-18C can be used in the mission I run on my server? That way we don't get two players flying the same a/c with different FM and SM etc.

We cant get even one Russian 4th gen study sim, but apparently DCS, a series famed for it's clicky cockpits and for coming from the devs of the "Flanker" series thinks dumbing down it's main selling point will be a good idea? What?

Not even a FC level competitor to the Hornet that will dominate?

Wow, I had such high hopes, and now this.........

What a disappointment.

I’m confused.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. It makes sense from a get the new players into DCS perspective. So we are talking F-5E, F-86F, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Mirage 2000C and maybe a AJS-37 being of the four selected. Being that all of the platforms on my list are from Belsemtek, Magnitude 3 and Heatblur I wonder how something like that will impact those developers? I don't see this as something the current customers who own any of the full fidelity versions of the selected planes will purchase.

I'm glad I didn't have the little bunnies in my head telling me things that turned out to be untrue.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"