DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Now bumped to v1.04 in first post: decided to go all out and re-do the tiles using 'POINT' format mipmaps, looks alot better IMO - as you ascend the terrain textures keep a very nice degree of detail against other features such as the fields.

(P.S file size has again unavoidably crept up to around 250mb, this is due to the inclusion of the forest base textures receiving the POINT mipmap treatment so they keep in check with the rest of the set.)

Pi8v2XP.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Now bumped to v1.04 in first post: decided to go all out and re-do the tiles using 'POINT' format mipmaps, looks alot better IMO - as you ascend the terrain textures keep a very nice degree of detail against other features such as the fields.

(P.S file size has again unavoidably crept up to around 250mb, this is due to the inclusion of the forest base textures receiving the POINT mipmap treatment so they keep in check with the rest of the set.)

Pi8v2XP.jpg

Thanks Mustang. Looks good and have looked good on my display all the time. I will remake my OvGME packed file and post it again asap.

Thanks Mustang. Looks good and have looked good on my display all the time. I will remake my OvGME packed file and post it again asap.

Thanks, HiJack! OvGME version is much appreciated :thumbup: And thanks to Mustang, of course!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

A bit late with the update. Here are the OvGME format of the mod that replaces the .zip files correctly so it will work without your self creating and editing the folders. The mod have put on quite a bit of weight so the files are larger. You can of course do the same job yourself also by using Mustangs files and create the zip files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nMubsZvpT6aMcYffga9Jvdj9NOKGTwPO

Just add this file to the OvGME folder that mods DCS App folder and enable. :)

PS! Remember to disable the mod first if you already have it installed.

OvGME format of the mod updated to 1.04

Remember to disable the mod first if you already have it installed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nMubsZvpT6aMcYffga9Jvdj9NOKGTwPO

v1.05 is here this evening with updated mountain snowcover textures and fixed alpha channels for the terrain tiles I created, as usual see first post in this thread for link.

lAtQPvl.jpg

TrdVCWP.jpg

ZXfomCu.jpg

Edited by Mustang

I knew you could not resist tuning the winter season..... XDDDDD

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not quite, only updated the mountain snow textures so far but if you like I could get stuck into the Winter tiles :)

Pleaseeeeeee!!!

The winter is coming Sir Mustang :lol:

Great job, I appreciate your updates.

Thank so much Mustang :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

A heads up! regarding DCS updates such as todays, if you use this mod you will need to replace the terrain.cfg.lua from the one in the package or DCS will use the original which will screw with the way the modded textures work.

This looks really awesome.

Are you going to improve the field textures as well, Mustang?

I have had a look at these and I gotta say it's got me scratching my head, the way they're handled with overlaying mask textures for example so I'm not going to rush into this one just yet.

Edited by Mustang

Mod started with 70-80 Mb, now it has 300 :), thanks Mustang again!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Strange, but with this version (1.05) if I switch seasons (instaled via JSGME too) I didnt notice "old" textures below trees.... :D : Does it work from now?

1SDRODo.jpg

Summer after autumn.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Strange, but with this version (1.05) if I switch seasons (instaled via JSGME too) I didnt notice "old" textures below trees.... :D : Does it work from now?

No idea why this could be happening, maybe ED altered something in the patch today? or just a fluke? :)

A heads up! regarding DCS updates such as todays, if you use this mod you will need to replace the terrain.cfg.lua from the one in the package or DCS will use the original which will screw with the way the modded textures work.

Mustang... if it gets added in as normal with OvGME doesn't it replace it with the one in the mod or are you saying add the one from the stock folder you provided even after activation of the OvGME install ? Sorry tech challenged on this one.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels