Modern Air combat

ebabil

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Will all cockpits e.g. of the F-15C be brought up to date as well with the release of MAC?

DO you mean upgraded as far as PBR and graphics? All cockpits will be eventually updated to work correctly with the new graphics engine, just taking some time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

are you going to continue to sell fc3 along with mac? will we able to get a chance to update our fc3's?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Which parts of the Nevada and Persian Gulf map will be included? It makes a big difference, if e.g. in Nevada the area around Las Vegas and the city itself is modeled, or it's just desert with two airfields. The same for the Persian Gulf map.

Which parts of the Nevada and Persian Gulf map will be included? It makes a big difference, if e.g. in Nevada the area around Las Vegas and the city itself is modeled, or it's just desert with two airfields. The same for the Persian Gulf map.

i am also curious about the reasoning behind those "lite" maps. Are they only intended as a demo or teaser to get players interested in the full map, or did the devs include them to offer more varied experiences. f.e. single player training missions in nttr, or maybe even paid dlc campaign that use only the lite versions?

Consistency is not a strong suit of the ED PR department... hence why everyone is thinking FC4 represents new, non-clicky cockpits... because that's what was said previously... now it appears that FC4 (MAC) is just FC3 + a few gen 3 and gen 2 full fidelity modules. I wish they clarified this, given previous announcements regarding FC4.

• ED Team
i am also curious about the reasoning behind those "lite" maps. Are they only intended as a demo or teaser to get players interested in the full map, or did the devs include them to offer more varied experiences. f.e. single player training missions in nttr, or maybe even paid dlc campaign that use only the lite versions?

For those beginning on their Flight Sim/DCS World journey, it can be a huge and overwhelming undertaking... giving them a big enough sample and getting the most out of their initial investment should help them want to grow and stay around much longer. More varied experience with maps and such should help that as well.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Consistency is not a strong suit of the ED PR department... hence why everyone is thinking FC4 represents new, non-clicky cockpits... because that's what was said previously... now it appears that FC4 (MAC) is just FC3 + a few gen 3 and gen 2 full fidelity modules. I wish they clarified this, given previous announcements regarding FC4.

-They are all FC Level Aircraft in MAC

They already stated, that the new Flaming Cliffs 4 Aircraft would be Simplified versions of Already Existing DCS Aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

MAC is an upgrade to FC3, adding additional lo-fidelty aircraft, its aimed at entry level simmers and those with not as much time to learn full aircraft system.

64Sig.png

MAC is an upgrade to FC3, adding additional lo-fidelty aircraft, its aimed at entry level simmers and those with not as much time to learn full aircraft system.

Nice to hear and probably a nice buy to get my son into sim flying :lol:

One question, since the MiG-29 is the only plane left in this package with a SFM, can we expect the revised FM at MAC release (for MAC and for FC3)?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to hear and probably a nice buy to get my son into sim flying :lol:

One question, since the MiG-29 is the only plane left in this package with a SFM, can we expect the revised FM at MAC release (for MAC and for FC3)?

They are ALL Professional Flight Models in MAC, that is stated quite clearly !! It states that you can also have the option to buy the aircraft individually. I have all the modules in MAC as FF and own FC3 so there may not be anything there for me to buy. One question I have, if you have all the 14 aircraft already, will the ones that are not in FC3 have a simplified free release to owners of the FF module ?

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy

Seriously?

As long the aircrafts has same flight model, it doesn't make much difference in combat.

You anyways are operating mainly in HOTAS principles, need to prepare carefully for your situation and it is all about flight maneuvers and simply pulling the trigger.

So if the other player can't flip a switch of the pitot tube heater or operate the radar modes with touch controllers (or worse, with mouse) then they are there to operate them with a keyboard.

As long their radars operate in same principle (no auto locking, no magical 100% certain radar lock) etc. It doesn't make difference in combat.

The full fidelity module makes you in the cockpit. So you are there to do the start-up, shut-down processes, you are there to tweak small things better as suited for you. But flying same, shooting same, and just less other functions.

So what does example it matter for many if someone can just hit cheat key for aircraft start-up, while you need to go through the process, if the average time for all that is set correctly for MAC version, so it ain't like 10 seconds for MAC Mig-21Bis and 30 seconds for full fidelity module owner to be able get it taxiing?

What difference does it make if the full fidelity user can use a controller to flip the F-5 nose wheel struts up and don, while MAC oner press keyboard shortcut for that?

[sNIP for brevity]

To use the Mig-21 example:

If the one in the new MAC pack has simplified systems (all FC aircraft do, they're not just non-clickable), then does that mean the person flying won't have to deal with the 0g limitations of the airplane's engine?

If yes, that's one example of a rather large advantage the person using the MAC version would have against someone flying the full module.

Obviously, we need to wait and see just how simplified the systems are on these new FC-level versions.

As an aside, ED are going to need to make it *very* obvious now that the clashing modules are FC-level and not full fidelity, otherwise they're going to get a lot of strife from new people and bad reviews on Steam about it.

Edited by Buzzles

I imagine the best being a more fluid DCS World full fidelity module and MAC merging.

The idea to make a simpler version of aircraft to attract more casual players could actually greatly take advantage of full fidelity modules having a MAC level of detail option, I know there is simplified Avionic and Flight model, but I never tested those so I don't know how they compare to FC3, the idea would be to make them FC3/MAC like with this simplified option without running into arcade.

If each aircraft had both simplified and full fidelity options in top of MAC basically being a collection of all aircraft but only with FC3/MAC level of avionic, VR readiness and clickable cockpit for at least some keys features like gears, flaps, canopy and other (with a keybinding to highlight available buttons), and other improvement MAC will put over FC3, it would be perfect !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

I do have a concern regarding how this wil be implemented in the ME

IF there 2 different slots in MP eg MIG21 MIG21MAC, that will reduce the amount

of available slots to be used on a server

eg I am trying to convert my mission to Persian Gulf, there are a lot less slots

in most of the other airfields, so having to have 2 different slots for both aircraft might be an issue

Would a better method not be to have one MIG21 slot and

IF a user has either then use that one he has, if user has both, then let him select ?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Present FC3 planes have (or are planned to have) the same flight model than full version aircrafts, so I imagine this will be as well for MAC. Since I've tried full fidelity modules I do not play FC3 anymore, but for a fair price and maybe with a discount I'll buy MAC, just to upgrade my FC3 and support ED. I'm not so sure that simplified versions will have advantages over full fidelity ones, but it will be interesting to check out.

I have the modules already but will likely still buy it, if just for the campaigns and missions it will bring.

People should stop calling it "arcade" though - makes them look silly and ignorant. It's not even remotely like DCS World arcade mode, as is the same for all the Flaming Cliffs versions (without which, may I remind you, DCS World would not be here).

I think making a couple of helicopters FC style would be very popular. Old "sims" such as Gunship and Enemy Engaged are still very popular - and every time a new arcade style helicopter game comes out people jump on them and are usually a bit disappointed (just look at the customer reviews on the various Hind/Apache etc games on Steam) because whilst they are simple enough for average Joe to get into, they are not detailed enough.

Enter ED and DCS Flaming Rotors! :) I reckon it would be a big seller.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

To use the Mig-21 example:

If the one in the new MAC pack has simplified systems (all FC aircraft do, they're not just non-clickable), then does that mean the person flying won't have to deal with the 0g limitations of the airplane's engine?

If yes, that's one example of a rather large advantage the person using the MAC version would have against someone flying the full module.

Of course the MAC version has the same flight modeling. Already all Su-27S and such are suffering from the lack of fuel when the zero G tank gets emptied...

Obviously, we need to wait and see just how simplified the systems are on these new FC-level versions.

As an aside, ED are going to need to make it *very* obvious now that the clashing modules are FC-level and not full fidelity, otherwise they're going to get a lot of strife from new people and bad reviews on Steam about it.

That should be so, be very, very very clear that MAC is about a non-clickable / not full fidelity modules. But already the trailer is IMHO making it clear by many times pointing how they are keyboard+mouse flyable and so on.

But still, stressing that wouldn't be a bad thing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.