Grim Reapers Preview Copy

Gunny Highway

Current preview copies are extremely limited. We want to ease into sharing more and help outside creators to understand the jet. These things will happen in waves. :)

Cobra I love you and the team, thank you for communicating with us so openly while maintaining such a high standard,

Would it be possible for you to tell us or estimate us when you'll lift the preview embargo? Dying to see more of this bird. Understandable if you can't of course! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Might be worth mentioning that at GR, we bring in a lot of new "simmers" to DCS and have fun whilst flying and learning modules. We're not milsim, but cater to those looking to get into DCS more and enjoy flying with others without having to recite the manuals chapter and verse. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

I guess you are right about this. Concerning their Viggens videos, they were kind of hilarious and certainly entertaining. But ... it was called a tutorial, so I was watching it hoping to learn something, only to find out they were strafing ground targets with the gun in air to air mode ... So, yeah, that was kind of a downer.

Anyway, you are right, it is none of our business (not that that will stop us from having lengthy discussions :smilewink:).

They recently re-made the Viggen tutorials, and they're pretty good IMHO.

Lähetetty minun EVA-L09 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I guess I'm just not as interested in clinical procedure videos, as there will be plenty of time to read the manual and figure stuff out. I just like the videos for entertainment value. A welcome break from guys pretending to be virtual flight instructors/fighter aces.

My thoughts exactly - I thoroughly enjoy their DCS vids.

Their vids are actually what got me to get back into DCS. I'd have not bought the Hornet if it weren't for their vids.

Current preview copies are extremely limited. We want to ease into sharing more and help outside creators to understand the jet. These things will happen in waves. :)

Comments like this are appreciated, but they break my heart. They make release seem so far off...:cry:

Guys you could not like their videos (neither do I ) they' are not so professional as Redkte could be but comon they are are a positive and enteratining group, at the end of the day DCS is a GAME!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Guys you could not like their videos (neither do I ) they' are not so professional as Redkte could be but comon they are are a positive and enteratining group, at the end of the day DCS is a GAME!!!

Interestingly, Redkite used to be a member.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

Regardless of what people think of their videos, it also the way you treat the devs products that may have been a factor here. If you get early access to a product from a developer and you do stuff the dev (or its customer base for that matter) might not appreciate then obviously this is going to influence the next time a dev considers who to give early access to its product. Just saying.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Watching GR videos on youtube is what got me into flying DCS.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Having watched one of the new preview release video from rafidude I can definitely say Heatblur was going for the glamor shot cinematic types on the first run of preview releases.

The Reapers, (who are what got me interested in DCS and RUINED my perfect FSX system and sim build now with having to accommodate a modern fighter sim on what was supposed to be a sub $1000 Skylake 6700K system with a second hand GTX780 so I could practice Approaches,) are the play with it and show all of it especially their F-ups kind of video makers so for the stuff I could tell was being creatively "omitted" from Rafidude's video, they aren't where Heatblur wants to be, The f-14 doesn't look like it's quite ready for rough and tumble Tonka Tough play just yet.

Might be worth mentioning that at GR, we bring in a lot of new "simmers" to DCS and have fun whilst flying and learning modules. We're not milsim, but cater to those looking to get into DCS more and enjoy flying with others without having to recite the manuals chapter and verse. :thumbup:

GR is to DCS Videos as Top Gear (now Grand Tour) is to car videos.

Nobody watches Motorweek or the lame TheDrive stuff. They watch dudes screwing around and having a blast.

:pilotfly:

Nobody watches Motorweek or the lame TheDrive stuff. They watch dudes screwing around and having a blast.

I think this may be the nicest compliment I have ever seen.

I have my own personal opinion about the subject group, and I like to point out that while the DCS is technically "A game", it is as well "A simulator". It is question that how you play it.

Someone can say that a flight simulator at NASA is "just a game", while someone can point out "It is a billion dollar game" while someone say "It is the best simulator you can have and same as being in a real deal except few little physical things".

What we find entertaining is all up to us. Some wants to drink beer while flying on desktop, don't care if they need to go answer to door or phone while playing, and some wants to get as close to the real thing they can get in their life and they take it seriously to learn the things, as it is their hobby...

Isn't it great that we have different kind ways to entertain us so we don't get bored? Isn't it great that someone can turn a Game Mode in DCS when placing a 10 year old son fly it with a PC controller, and then fly it at maximum effects with VR HMD on while sitting in a sim chair with replica HOTAS?

The developers marketing people needs to have a target group first in their mind, and it is not the group that play Battlefield IV or Call of Duty 5. They can come later, but they will try to maximize their effort from years for the target group that they think will value all the hard work that was put on small details etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't see the resemblance at all between GR and TG in their arena.

https://youtu.be/EAu7rJVbVa0?t=676

Everytime I watch GR, I feel that I am looking a group of people who one knows something that he read, trying to explain it to someone who sees something and someone else is just doing what ever they like in sake of fun...

You don't get information, you don't learn anything, you don't even get fun experiments or challenges, that all was part of the Top Gear. Top Gear is about insights and other information from their topics, but as well about being fun. They made the car industry look interesting!

For others a such informative comes from Jay Leno's garage. It has fun moments, but they don't go overboard to look stupid "Oh, I almost crashed on that car next line!".

All the different groups has their ways to feel fun, even someone who finds acting stupid has rights for that... But the difference is that others try to not make it out of respect on others.

In Top Gear they don't give wrong information, they don't be "Uhm.... I believe... that... Maybe..." uncertainty and guessing.

And when they go FUN, they go fun...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think for a lot of people, at least from what I observed, the GR's sense of entitlement is what has fostered a more negative "community mind" towards them. When, I forget which video it was, one of the GR's basically said "When is our copy showing up?" or something along those lines, when there were plenty of people who had pre-paid and such were watching..yeah, it looked bad.

This only continues this trend.

The GR's make videos that certain people like, certain people hate, and the whole spectrum in between the two. However I will admit this sort of public outrage and PR campaign for them is unsightly and doesn't help.

I enjoy their videos. If I want no-nonsense info, I’ll go elsewhere. But I like their laid back jackassery and fun missions. However I’m not sure how whether or not they get a preview copy is anyone’s business outside of Heatblur and Cap?

LOL. yes. I can tick off 500 other things that would be higher on my list of things to worry about. But passionate fan base means we'll have these entertaining hate them/love them, hate the plane/love the plane conversations.

The word Fan is derived from Fanatical after all.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The GR's make videos that certain people like, certain people hate, and the whole spectrum in between the two. However I will admit this sort of public outrage and PR campaign for them is unsightly and doesn't help.

I don't get all of the hate as a new comer Ive watch all sorts of video some of their comments are cringe worth, but if I don't want to watch it any further Ill close the window.

They all look like they are having fun its down to the developers who they see fit to send out product to not us as users

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think for a lot of people, at least from what I observed, the GR's sense of entitlement is what has fostered a more negative "community mind" towards them. When, I forget which video it was, one of the GR's basically said "When is our copy showing up?" or something along those lines, when there were plenty of people who had pre-paid and such were watching..yeah, it looked bad.

This only continues this trend.

+1

A preview copy is in HB hands, they should do as they see fit.

And having people asking some perticular group to get it. When the person is giving the sense he is part of the group it just looks bad!

It's feels like:

Hey HB, where is uri_ba's preview copy?!? I really love his content! Please HB let him have it!

I understand that they do fun videos in the opinions of many and that people like to watch their non serious campaigns and missions. That is totally fine. I do watch their videos when I'm bored.

However, that's not the topic here nits not about how fun they are, it's about them getting a review copy. In my opinion they won't do a good review, they will just mess around and have fun with the things that don't work yet. They are not even good pilots, they don't know many of the systems of the hornet today, how will they guess and review the Tomcat systems?

There is no point in giving them a review copy. The product is Heatblur's and they give it to whom they want. We are here only expressing personal opinions, and this was mine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk