F-14 Manual anytime soon (baby)?

mortalkombat

Can’t believe you guys are telling people to read the manual. Why, you actually seem to be looking forward to it!

Well seeing as it is a big blue sleeping pill it may make some sleep to the release date and make things calmer around here ;)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard a peep, not holding my breath for this week. Probably late next week if even that.

Or the two Heatblur videos that were slated to be released this week, strange that they’re going to drop them both at the same time now or just back the the usual?

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Or the two Heatblur videos that were slated to be released this week, strange that they’re going to drop them both at the same time now or just back the the usual?

Yeah, who knows. "This week™" lol:lol: Start of a new meme?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Without being judgmental, this week was equals to sunday late evening (or night) in all of their announcements since december.

Can’t believe you guys are telling people to read the manual. Why, you actually seem to be looking forward to it!
The manual is in no way exciting to read, but it is very informative.

In fact, if someone jumps in a server and starts asking remedial questions, the best response they're likely to get is "RTFM". :)

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Without being judgmental, this week was equals to sunday late evening (or night) in all of their announcements since december.

I mean, they are technically right ! :D

If it gives them the time to do things properly instead of rushing them up (cross-checking, adding more stuff, etc), then I'm okay with a sunday evening.

I mean, they are technically right ! :D

If it gives them the time to do things properly instead of rushing them up (cross-checking, adding more stuff, etc), then I'm okay with a sunday evening.

Then they should just say this Sunday, rather than this week. Bit like how if they simply said coming on the 20th of March all the bickering and speculation would cease to exist and it would make HB’s life just that little bit easier, it would also take away all the hasseling that has asrised over the release date.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Or the two Heatblur videos that were slated to be released this week

Did I miss something? derpyconfused.png

Yeah, who knows. "This week™" lollol.gif Start of a new meme?

We should try to find out if:

This Week™ = Two Weeks™ by the power of Soon™ twi-notbad.png

In fact, if someone jumps in a server and starts asking remedial questions, the best response they're likely to get is "RTFN". smile.gif

Corrected that for you, gotta be specific here rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Then they should just say this Sunday, rather than this week. Bit like how if they simply said coming on the 20th of March all the bickering and speculation would cease to exist and it would make HB’s life just that little bit easier, it would also take away all the hasseling that has asrised over the release date.

I concur.

And it would have given them an opportunity to postpone the release date (in case of an unexpected and serious issue) without provoking a harsh reaction from a majority of the community.

I am still surprised that HB or the testers have not yet released any contents regarding the technical aspects of the F-14B : startup, takeoff, radar, RIO...6 weeks from the end of the release window !

Is it a sort of “do not open ‘til Xmas” strategy ?

Are they still working on big issues ?

Polishing ?

The least I can say, regarding this strategy of communication, is that HB did not choose the transparency.

Up to them, they are free to do as they want but in this case but IMHO it would have been a better idea not to give this winter window to their customers.

Never forget that a customer is like a child : tell him winter ends on the 20th of March, no matter it’s true, he still hopes he’ll get his toy sooner. :smilewink:

Come on guys.

We're getting very close to releasing it - target is this week but may at latest slip some days into next depending.

There's no way this post of mine is ambiguous whether it's guaranteed to come out this week. :)

We're working hard on finalizing the last elements, I promise.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? :)

I'am!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? :)

I'm willing to help and have spare time, plus love the Tomcat so you can even charge me for it.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have all day, let me know and I can read through it and report back with edits.

Unless this is sarcastic, of course lol

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If you need more help count me in! Not a native speaker but as a scientist I'm used to dry English writing, and I used to write and edit content for other games (Starcraft 2 to be precise) so I have some experience with editing text.

I'm off on holiday all Feb, and can help with proof reading if that's what you need.

I'm a native english speaker, fly left seat in a 737-800 IRL, so am reasonably tech minded and used to reading aviation docs and manuals.

Happy to help.

Edited by AvroLanc