so how long until we get the tomcat

ironcross

its been said before, again and again again, release is this winter, before 21st of march, which is only 4 weeks.

Why not just state 21st March. The first day of spring is 1st March so no it won’t be released this winter anyway, pedantic I know but people keep repeating “this winter” we have about a week and a half of winter remaining. If they are taking the weather into consideration instead then god help people in Australia they will only get theirs in autumn time.

I’m not holding much hope out for a 21st release either ED and third party devs are usually pretty late with all their modules, I suppose that’s why they don’t generally state dates.

This is the only time I’ve paid up front for a release I’m not a big fan of the system. I’d pay a builder before he started the cost of materials but would never give full payment until the job is finished (EA release) because it creates a situation where they have been paid and are dragging their feet it’s of no economical benefit for them to finish. Anyway it’s the last time I will do it. Im going to grease myself up now for beach volley ball while I’m waiting.

Why not just state 21st March.

Because it might get released earlier. Plus they said they everything is basically finished and they are just waiting on ED to approve which should only be a couple days.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Why not just state 21st March. The first day of spring is 1st March so no it won’t be released this winter.

That is the meteorological definition of spring, the astronomical definition uses the passing of the vernal equinox. That happens between 19 and 21 March, this year it is 20 March. Not that it matters, this is just fyi.

I’m gonna guess mid to late March still. ED tends to take a while doing the final approval as I guess they test pretty much everything which takes time. Might be lucky and get a date by end of this week, but I do think we still have a few weeks to go yet. Anything earlier is a bonus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Why not just state 21st March. The first day of spring is 1st March so no it won’t be released this winter anyway, pedantic I know but people keep repeating “this winter” we have about a week and a half of winter remaining. If they are taking the weather into consideration instead then god help people in Australia they will only get theirs in autumn time.

I’m not holding much hope out for a 21st release either ED and third party devs are usually pretty late with all their modules, I suppose that’s why they don’t generally state dates.

This is the only time I’ve paid up front for a release I’m not a big fan of the system. I’d pay a builder before he started the cost of materials but would never give full payment until the job is finished (EA release) because it creates a situation where they have been paid and are dragging their feet it’s of no economical benefit for them to finish. Anyway it’s the last time I will do it. Im going to grease myself up now for beach volley ball while I’m waiting.

Hmm...winter ends in Canada on March 20th not March 1st

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

That is the meteorological definition of spring, the astronomical definition uses the passing of the vernal equinox. That happens between 19 and 21 March, this year it is 20 March. Not that it matters, this is just fyi.

Which is the date Cobra said we'd fly the cat by. Not the 21st. And the 20th would be a Wednesday which is the usual patch day. But not for that certain week in case of the Open Beta in which new modules arrive. So it's totally not unrealistic to say we'll have the module on Mar 13 and it's even possible to have it on Feb 27 already, but I'd personally rule the latter out if we don't get the final announcement this weekend, like in the friday news tomorrow. That's still "ample" enough IMHO and IIRC it was just like that in case of the Viggen, just a few days, less than a week.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

if you think they'll release any sooner than the last minute you're fooling yourself

we've been taken along for this ride for how many years now

you still haven't learned the basic mechanism where ambiguity is given as a prompt for you guys to deceive yourself without the issuer being expressly held accountable

shame on you all

Edited by probad

if you think they'll release any sooner than the last minute you're fooling yourself

we've been taken along for this ride for how many years now

you still haven't learned the basic mechanism where ambiguity is given as a prompt for you guys to deceive yourself without the issuer being expressly held accountable

shame on you all

Please lock this dumpster fire?

Way more fun not to.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).