VNAO T-45 Goshawk

Hey, generally I have to say that this is one of the best top quality mods ever made for DCS.

I absolutely love how it looks, and how it files... oh well - I actually found something that seems to be an issue:

Screen_210424_123709.png

It looks like engine performance related to altitude isn't modelled correctly and it does not lose thrust while gaining altitude.

Which results it going extremely fast. If not hypoxia then I guess it could reach even Mach 3.

Here is another image - dive after passing out from hypoxia:

Screen_210424_124902.png

Hope you'll find a solution for this... and again thank you VNAO team for this piece of art!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Avalanche110 said:

are their any start up and procedural tutorials available yet?

In the Documents folder.

It's easy though.

Batteries (1 and 2) to on, reset generator.

Antiskid on

Press and hols GAS button

Then press and hold engine start

That's it for the top of my head. 😉

One needs to configure a most of buttons etc. But that's not a lot anyway,

CONGRATS to the team for finally having a module that don't need the brakes to be inverted!!!! 😁

• Like 1

Just now, MAXsenna said:

In the Documents folder.

It's easy though.

Batteries (1 and 2) to on, reset generator.

Antiskid on

Press and hols GAS button

Then press and hold engine start

That's it for the top of my head. 😉

One needs to configure a most of buttons etc. But that's not a lot anyway,

CONGRATS to the team for finally having a module that don't need the brakes to be inverted!!!! 😁

I know right, how are the wheelbrakes the right way around? WItchcraft...

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

2 hours ago, Vettefan said:

Thanks, MadMaxter.

I checked but I somehow always seem to be locked out from the cockpit. I only get an external view and an AI pilot takes full control. I cannot get in either front or back seat at all but seem to be an outside spectator of the flight.

This is in the quick start mission as well as in a mission I create by myself (screenshots attached from ME).

Appreciate any hints in the right direction!  🙂

Screen_210424_103549.png

Screen_210424_103551.png

@MadMaxter:

PROBLEM SOLVED: 

Norton AntiVirus defined the VNAOT45FM.dll as malware and constantly quarantined it. I set this file as an exception and now I can enter the cockpit without any issues!

Looking so much forward to testing the bird later!  😄 

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vettefan said:

@MadMaxter:

PROBLEM SOLVED: 

Norton AntiVirus defined the VNAOT45FM.dll as malware and constantly quarantined it. I set this file as an exception and now I can enter the cockpit without any issues!

Looking so much forward to testing the bird later!  😄 

Cheers!

Nice! I will make note of this for future reference. Damn that Norton guy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

30 minutes ago, Quetzalkoatl said:

Hey, generally I have to say that this is one of the best top quality mods ever made for DCS.

I absolutely love how it looks, and how it files... oh well - I actually found something that seems to be an issue:

Screen_210424_123709.png

It looks like engine performance related to altitude isn't modelled correctly and it does not lose thrust while gaining altitude.

Which results it going extremely fast. If not hypoxia then I guess it could reach even Mach 3.

Here is another image - dive after passing out from hypoxia:

Screen_210424_124902.png

Hope you'll find a solution for this... and again thank you VNAO team for this piece of art!

Thanks for that input. We are working on the flight model as it will be one of the most challenging aspects of this project as you can tell. Which brings me to my next point. We have real world 45 pilots helping develop the fm and will be leaning heavily on them in the coming weeks as we do a deep dive into that aspect. But do not let that discourage you from giving us any valuable input that you discover. It can only benefit the project in the long run. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

9 minutes ago, Pikey said:

so, heres a problem, how can we interface with the carrier for landing? comms menu is not opening, do i need easy comms?

Some comms features are not working yet. SRS is working but in game comms may not be possible. We’re looking very closely at it. 

• Like 2

ok, shame as i could give a computer grade, thanks for the reply. My first lap round the boat in VR I prefered the handling to the Hornet. It absolutely feels right and passes basic layman realism, so imo nailed it.
Really good feeling of pitch with power, good speed and drag feeling, doesnt stop fast, feels a tad quick, rolls beievably, feels like a real plane, most people would be fooled.

Im gonna see if I can spin it now...

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

First cold start and first pattern around the field works really well!

So: awesome work!

One question:

It is possible to add the content of the two DDIs on two small screens?

Like in this thread:

My first trials seem not to work - I take this .lua:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('FlipperT45L-RDDI');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1920/1080;
     }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 1920;
     y = 0;
     width = 550;
     height = 600;
     aspect = 800/600;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 2720;
     y = 0;
     width = 550;
     height = 600;
     aspect = 800/600;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by Flipper

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

Marshall “War Dog” Lefavor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Vettefan said:

Thanks, MadMaxter.

I checked but I somehow always seem to be locked out from the cockpit. I only get an external view and an AI pilot takes full control. I cannot get in either front or back seat at all but seem to be an outside spectator of the flight.

This is in the quick start mission as well as in a mission I create by myself (screenshots attached from ME).

Appreciate any hints in the right direction!  🙂

Screen_210424_103549.png

Screen_210424_103551.png

I had a similar problem with the M2000C once. Reason was, my antivirus quarantined one the M2000C files.

Where can i download this mod please ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Thank you 

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

42 minutes ago, MadMaxter said:

Some comms features are not working yet. SRS is working but in game comms may not be possible. We’re looking very closely at it. 

Yeah, this is a cracking free addon, might need to sort out some curves on my VKB NXT Pro, but she's a beauty.

Took off from the Carrier, did my circuits, and managed to trap a 3 wire first time.. but the lack of Carrier comms is hard to get the coaching from LSO, and Grades too..

It's a beautiful addon guys well done !

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit