Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Visual HUD overlay still doesn't work in OTT after 2.5.6. patch. How do you guys check CPU/GPU frametimes? I assume that frametime shown in RCTRL+PAUSE is GPU frametime?

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've got an Occulus Rift S and I'm not sure if and what I am doing wrong- I would like to clear up one thing, I do not need to wear glasses.

For some reason, I can get the cockpit to look rather crisp, but anything in the distance out of the cockpit seems to look rather blurry.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any settings that could maybe help me?

I've attached my current settings

Perhaps you need to increase pixel density. What pixel density do you have now? You can see the pixel density in the last menu called VR.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

Visual HUD overlay still doesn't work in OTT after 2.5.6. patch. How do you guys check CPU/GPU frametimes? I assume that frametime shown in RCTRL+PAUSE is GPU frametime?

I also would like to know this. Anyone??? Bueller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also would like to know this. Anyone??? Bueller?

Bueller took the day off...

:smilewink:

You might send a message to ApollyonVR over on the Oculus forums regarding this, he is usually pretty good at stuff like this since he developed the OTT.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did he...damn bueller.....Lol...cheers for the info...will try

It strange though that people are obviously using something but unable to post what... lol.

When I find out I’ll try not to keep it to myself.

:)

Hi all,

I've got an Occulus Rift S and I'm not sure if and what I am doing wrong- I would like to clear up one thing, I do not need to wear glasses.

For some reason, I can get the cockpit to look rather crisp, but anything in the distance out of the cockpit seems to look rather blurry.

Disable MSAA! Just crank up pixel density up as much as your card can handle.

That's why I threw the bloody thing in the bottom drawer and went back

to my beautiful lovely crisp clear screen.

If somebody can show me how to make it worth using I'd love to do just that.

I have tried everything, searched the threads etc. but nothing seems to work.

good luck

Ibis

Hi all,

Maybe 16x AF is too much? That is texture filtering. Try disabling it altogether and see if the textures clear up. Normally AF should kick in for bigger distances but with MIPMaps and different FOVs for cockpit/world the engine might get confused and start filtering much closer and a side effect could be blurring on the textures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Maybe 16x AF is too much? That is texture filtering. Try disabling it altogether and see if the textures clear up. Normally AF should kick in for bigger distances but with MIPMaps and different FOVs for cockpit/world the engine might get confused and start filtering much closer and a side effect could be blurring on the textures.

.... no. AF improves angled textures. It makes them look better, sharper, it doesn't blur stuff like MSAA. On top of that it's not GPU expensive.

Edited by bernardv

I know what it is suppose to do but from my experience on 16x the text in F14 looks worse than on 4x maybe is just a coincidence with something else but on a quick test is what I observed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi all,

Why is your resolution so high?

i9-12900K - EVGA 3090 FTW - 64GB DDR5 5600 - HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Why is your resolution so high?

He has a 4K display, but it doesn't matter as the VR uses native resolution anyways unless ordered to render first higher, and then the mirror screen is not either about that display resolution.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Dealing with device not connected again errors on startup of the Oculus software and this since the last stable Oculus update.

The restart option seems to be removed from the software. The only option to get it working now without un- and re-plugging is killing the Oculus service and restarting it, then run the software again.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I get a lot of "Display port not connected" error messages and crashes running 2.5.6 OB. The picture will freeze then the view will go off to the left. After a few seconds the display port not connected error message will disappear in my Oculus software, the picture will un-freeze, but only on my monitor, inside the headset the display will be black and even though I can move the headset around and see DCS still running and moving around on screen, it remains blank inside the headset. The only option I have is to close the Oculus software and restart. It occurs at random. Sometimes it happens within moments of starting DCS, other times I can go a good two hour session before it crashes, or if I'm luck, not at all. It barely ever happens when I'm running 2.5 stable. It's only ever happened once or twice on stable, most of the time I have no problem with crashes on that version.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I get a lot of "Display port not connected" error messages and crashes running 2.5.6 OB. The picture will freeze then the view will go off to the left. After a few seconds the display port not connected error message will disappear in my Oculus software, the picture will un-freeze, but only on my monitor, inside the headset the display will be black and even though I can move the headset around and see DCS still running and moving around on screen, it remains blank inside the headset. The only option I have is to close the Oculus software and restart. It occurs at random. Sometimes it happens within moments of starting DCS, other times I can go a good two hour session before it crashes, or if I'm luck, not at all. It barely ever happens when I'm running 2.5 stable. It's only ever happened once or twice on stable, most of the time I have no problem with crashes on that version.

Sounds like could possibly be a USB 3 port power issue.

Rift S USB can be greedy on USB ports/power. It don't much like sharing.

I run mine through my 2080 Ti C-Port.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks, I'll try a different port. Seems odd how it only mainly happens on OB though and only with DCS. It never happens when playing any other VR games or apps.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Anybody having the issue of having to replug the usb every computer start who’s using a usb-c? I bought the inateck pcie usb hub and that didn’t work, the only other thing I can try on my current setup is using a usb-c, but I don’t wanna spend $50 on it for no reason.

I would also be insterrested by any answer on that, since I have to unplug/replug my HMD every time I want to use it, and that's a real PITA... Tried different USB 2 and 3 ports, no impovement.

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

That's why I threw the bloody thing in the bottom drawer and went back

to my beautiful lovely crisp clear screen.

If somebody can show me how to make it worth using I'd love to do just that.

I have tried everything, searched the threads etc. but nothing seems to work.

good luck

Ibis

Lots of great tutorials on how to make it work. Don't use any MSAA or pixel density in game. All PD is done through oculus tray tool supersampling. Add some anti-aliasing in on the card control page -over write application settings, start with some FXAA. All depends on what you can handle. Graphics never as clean as monitor always some jaggies on the scenery with a rift, but you get used to it and you don't think about it. The trade off is actually being in the cockpit rather than just watching it on telly!

Anybody having the issue of having to replug the usb every computer start who’s using a usb-c?

I would also be insterrested by any answer on that, since I have to unplug/replug my HMD every time I want to use it.

Dealt with the same problem, had an Inateck PCI USB card but that didn't do the trick, then got a PCI Renesas USB 3.0 because i did read it was quite a bit better. It is but once in a while it will not work. The Oculus software says the Rift S is connected and active but that the USB doesn't work. There used to be a restart function in the Oculus software but it got removed with the latest software update (stable version).

I used to dive under my desk to unplug/replug but i'm using 2 batch files now (attached), one to stop the service and another one to start it again.

Use: close Oculus software, stop the service, wait a bit, start the service, run de Oculus software again.

Most of the time it works in one pass, sometimes 2 are needed. But... no more unpluggin' / repluggin and under the desk diving.

Service.rar

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Dealt with the same problem, had an Inateck PCI USB card but that didn't do the trick, then got a PCI Renesas USB 3.0 because i did read it was quite a bit better. It is but once in a while it will not work. The Oculus software says the Rift S is connected and active but that the USB doesn't work. There used to be a restart function in the Oculus software but it got removed with the latest software update (stable version).

I used to dive under my desk to unplug/replug but i'm using 2 batch files now (attached), one to stop the service and another one to start it again.

Use: close Oculus software, stop the service, wait a bit, start the service, run de Oculus software again.

Most of the time it works in one pass, sometimes 2 are needed. But... no more unpluggin' / repluggin and under the desk diving.

Restart function in the Oculus software is still there. It is in the Beta tab.

Don B

Yup, and oculus tray tool allows closing and restarting the service too, but none of those seem to work on my computer to get the rift working that first time each start. The only thing I haven’t tried is usb-c which apparently allows much more power to the usb plug

I did have the same issue as you "lange 666" and also use inateck and renesas stuffs without succes

Now i got this :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07ZNKS8ZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And all is working perfectly:) there is even a switch to make it up or down for each slot.

see you next

My rig is:windows 10 with asustek rog motherboard,a kabylake 4.2 ghz intel,nvidia 1080 GTX,32 meg ram, warthog,Oculus Rift S

Edited by cromhunt

Yup, and oculus tray tool allows closing and restarting the service too, but none of those seem to work on my computer to get the rift working that first time each start. The only thing I haven’t tried is usb-c which apparently allows much more power to the usb plug

I run mine through USB-C on my 2080 Ti and it works great for me.

Don B

Yeah but there was a dedicated one under the Devices tab (on the left side and then either Rift S or Rift S and Touch) to restart the software when the headset was not recognized. That one is gone.