Community A-4E-C

Dear Developers of the A-4 ,

can't remember where exactly I read this, but I think it got mentioned somewhere, that an

EFM is under developement to improve the flight modelling of the A-4.

Is this correct? If so, how are things progressing if I may ask.

Thanks a lot for this super fun Scooter!

Kind regards,

Snappy

We released a small update a couple of days ago.

It's been in the oven for a while now we are making good progress we just want to be conservative about the timeframes hence the several months estimate.

Here is a little clip of it stalling with some slat action :joystick:

Thanks,

JNelson

Need help

I have installed the A-4E-C and can use it in instant action but it does not appear in the mission editor. What have I missed?

As the Mod is not an official dcs aircraft, it is not compatible with the historic filter of the ME, ensure that it is not enabled.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a key command for nose wheel steering?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

A-4 screwed in MP.. badly clients do not see each other.. very weird. planes remain in starting position to any other but the pilot. Even more weir weapons are efective agains targets.. but its ghost planes...

I have not seen this issue, personally.

I ran a 2-player coop mission on local LAN network with the latest build and everything worked beautifully.

What server were you on? I can try to reproduce.

It was in the Vietnam Server And also me hosting... Maybe the problem is only present on WAN connections? its clearly something to do with position data transmission to clients... since you can see everything the plane does, AK: gear up or down, flaps, hook, etc but its stays in the spawned placed...

A-4 screwed in MP.. badly clients do not see each other.. very weird. planes remain in starting position to any other but the pilot. Even more weir weapons are efective agains targets.. but its ghost planes...

Hello, we got the same issue, we tested 4 different mod all with SFM flight model. Plane remain in starting position, plane moving only for the player who control it. No sound. But if you fly through them, they explode.

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Yes the radar can be exported.

2_monitors-A4_radar.lua

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey Guys

I have just downloaded the latest version (v1.4.2) and installed it in the saved games folder as per the install instructions but it does not appear in game. Any ideas what I might have missed?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Hey Guys

I have just downloaded the latest version (v1.4.2) and installed it in the saved games folder as per the install instructions but it does not appear in game. Any ideas what I might have missed?

What is the complete path?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys

Check Module Manager > Installed , search for A-4 and verify is ON

Check Module Manager > Installed , search for A-4 and verify is ON

Spot on! That fixed it. I'll need to remember that one. Thanks.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Hello. I'm MaxVB, and I'm writting from Spain. In our virtual squadron now we have a A-4E-C flying group and I would like to create a spanish A-4E-C guide, translating Heclak's guide and Ali's guide, adding my own stuff. We believe a spanish guide for this amazing mod would help all spanish talking people around the world.

Have I permission to use Heclak's guide as a basis to create a guide in spanish?

Thank you.

Good morning all,

I would like to congratulate the entire team again for this wonderful job on this very beautiful aircraft, the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk.

New to DCS, I'm still new to this simulator, and discovering this freeware plane is an invaluable gift.

CONGRATULATIONS everyone, you will give me hours of joy during confinement here in France.

eb0v.jpg

EDIT

Fan of the history of VMA 214, do you think of creating this decoration ?

She is very beautiful, I know it takes a lot of work, but I think it's a nice plane with her head burnt :)

thank you in advance