Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

You have done a great job with this mod.

I am also in the camp of do not add any more saturation.

If I want saturation I would go back to vanilla.

Please leave as-is, or provide different versions if you have to.

There - I've adjusted the contrast of some fields, changed the saturation here and there. Now you should find those nice spring greens adjacent to some brown and yellow vibes. The key was to preserve consistency of the scenery as a whole. I hope, you'll like it. I will upload the new WIP version containing spring and some modifications to summer this evening, so stay tuned!

Cheers!

JXKcsH7.jpg

AN8c4D2.jpg

f591h15.jpg

vbscyxW.jpg

1Msmpr4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hi. I found a good way to further alter saturation all at once, is to use ReShade.

Using only one effect will not make difference in fps.

Vibrance [Vibrance.fx]
Settings: -0.250
RGB Balance: 0.670; 1.000; 1.000;

If you like more natural looking colors.

I wish we have saturation, contrast and brightness sliders in dcs menu, same like in other games. Well, maybe someday, once ED's will finish with clouds and lights.

[Screenshots actually are old and was made with different Caucasus retexture mods.]

screen1

screen2

screen3screen4

screen5

• Like 1

Ok guys, as promised, here's the newest WIP version of the mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rPTkuYYpTa_fs0KzZYMgaN9NPoGJZ0-U/view?usp=sharing 

Uninstall any previous versions of the mod and use JSGME to activate the current version. It contains spring textures, as well as some major changes to the summer. I managed to slightly improve the look of the hangars and FARP textures as well. I hope, you'll like them. As always, I am looking forward to hearing some feedback from you! 

Best,

Barthek

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

@Barthek, If you did not mention the hangers I may not have noticed them. New doors and brick texture!  - Nice to have a different look. - Thanks. 

Wow, the Caucasus map and the wonderful quality options is reminding me of a Millennial Version of a Starbucks Premium Drink: (Minus the Unicorn Frappuccino & Sprinkles - thank goodness!) 

• I will take the Caucasus Redone 2021 Reserve Summer Blend with the Taz1004 Better Trees v5 Dark Low.  Also give me the Mustang 2.7 Shader edits on top.

@BIGNEWY - From a "But wait there's more" marketing perspective - ED should seriously consider adding some or all of the most popular Caucasus Terrain and Shader edits at the same time that the Free Marianus Map is realeased.. lol.. Good luck. 

Cheers.. 

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

The Barthek Hangers in Caucasus Redone 2021 are a few shades more colorful, look more alive, cleaner, less washed out and not depressed looking when compared to default.  I originally started this mini review trying to make it sound like a Fine Wine Tasting.. but then went with a Pre vs Post Pandemic theme. LoL......

HangerDiff.JPG

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Thank you Barthek for the latest update. The spring textures look great. The only thing I'd change is the tree textures. Maybe collaborate with @Taz1004? His trees look amazing with your work. Also I'd add a heavier snow cover to the mountain peaks for spring.

• Like 1

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Hello,

thank you for your positive comments, I appreciate it. My first aim now is to complete the remaining two seasons. Once I do it, I'll start fine-tuning individual elements, like hangars, trees, buildings, etc. As for the mountains - I wish each season used its own snow texture but that's not the case, so I cannot control the amount of snow on the peaks in winter, spring, etc. Changes applied to that texture will be visible in all seasons.

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Barthek:

Hello,

thank you for your positive comments, I appreciate it. My first aim now is to complete the remaining two seasons. Once I do it, I'll start fine-tuning individual elements, like hangars, trees, buildings, etc. As for the mountains - I wish each season used its own snow texture but that's not the case, so I cannot control the amount of snow on the peaks in winter, spring, etc. Changes applied to that texture will be visible in all seasons.

Maybe something with the snowline in terrain.cfg.lua?

/brake

Was playing around with the Airfield Cracksmask from Taz and your mod, and i achieved some nice results. Slightly more defined plates but not as smooth as the whole Taz mod.
would also like to see a bit more variation in color for individual plates. Maybe a bit of Gras in the gaps?

Oh and testing 5 texture mods at the weekend, by far the best looking Autumn is yours 😄

4d.png

5d.jpg

Edited by JanRalle
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, JanRalle said:

Maybe something with the snowline in terrain.cfg.lua?

This line defines the altitude at which the snow texture starts appearing. Doesn't solve the problem that the sim uses the same snow texture in all seasons. 😉

On 5/15/2021 at 10:26 AM, Taz1004 said:

Some pixelated specular lighting on your Summer.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 052413.jpg

But not on your Spring.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 052439.jpg

Shots taken at Kutaisi at 20:30

This is exactly what I've been talking about.

Whatever is making those square pixels seems to also be responsible for the length and densely of the grass. 😟

I'm in favour of long lush grass scenery wide as the bare ground is way to low a resolution on its own in the Caucasus map.

Comparison with default grass again.
Hope this helps. 👍

inCollage_20210516_094131365.jpg

inCollage_20210516_094320398.jpg

inCollage_20210516_094244227.jpg

Grass Test.miz

Edited by swartbyron