[REPORTED] High-quality A-10C cockpit switch logic

Uhm, now?!

I tried a few times yesterday, a while after the post, then gave up thinking it was planned for next week, I suppose the update came somewhat later.

It's a huge and slow download so I'll check tomorrow maybe, since people managed to post 13 pages on my thread without answering my question :huh:

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, apparently nobody gives a damn.

However, tested and it's much better-looking, but the framerate has significantly dropped (can't do 40 where it was doing 70+ before...).

And as expected the switches were not fixed, that's very disappointing, especially since they have received the patch years ago but simply won't apply it. It's like trying to talk to a wall.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

There's an odd POV mis-match going on...

And what I mean by that is while the default position "feels" like my head is a bit too low (which does feel better with a couple of taps on the switch to raise the seat a bit), the HUD feels as if the display is shifted up too much.

IOW, if I raise the seat even a little, the horizon (and the gun sight) are so far up that they are basically getting cut off. I can tip my head down a little, but that makes my TrackIR go stupid.

As it sits right now (after the update and hotfixes), I can see a lot of "Off Dry" calls on gun runs because I either can't see the gun sight or my view will have gone wonky because my TIR went stupid.

I'd shift the total HUD display down some on the combiner glass.

And the interior lights do need some "umph" as well. If I were sitting in a pitch black room where my eyes were fully dilated, then the lighting might be ok but under normal room lighting (which I do keep low), the lighting needs to be enhanced by maybe half.

The artwork (minus any character via weathering) is very, very good. Everything is now nice and crisp with no doubled up lettering and nothing is fuzzy.

I give it a 7/10 as is but it does need some tweaks and I'm glad to read that's coming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Great work was done on the new cockpit much better looking at hi res and the contrast is spot on for reading the instruments.

Edited by -Jeti-

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X X570 AORUS PRO WIFI Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB Samsung SSD 860 QVO AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8G 32Gb HyperX 3600 MSI MAG321CQR Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick T.Flight Rudder Pedals Buddy-Fox control box

Yep the switch logic is different from other modules (Viper, Hornet), which is a little confusing.

Also the mirrors are a little bit low-res, and there is no pilot model. And the HUD projection is too big.

It's a WIP, so I think we will see a lot of improvements in all these areas during the following years.

Yep the switch logic is different from other modules (Viper, Hornet), which is a little confusing.

Also the mirrors are a little bit low-res, and there is no pilot model. And the HUD projection is too big.

It's a WIP, so I think we will see a lot of improvements in all these areas during the following years.

Years? Jeezus I hope not...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Axel 40 Quite a bold statement you post there:

“The A-10 doesn't really get flown as much as the new stuff these days”

That might be true for you, but how would you know what the others do?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hay Guys,

I'm a bit confused. Had Ricardo's HD cockpit previously (applied in Options/Special tab). Fired up DCS, switched off Ricardo's to have the improved new (stock) one, then went to a free flight mission to look at the new cockpit. Throttle looks like a toy, but that's not the main problem for me. In the HUD, apart from the ADI ladder and the depressible pipper at the top, nothing appears. Any change I didn't caught up with maybe?

Then I wanted to test this with Ricardo's cockpit, but Ricardo's never came back again despite switching it back in Options/Special/A-10C. New stock came up again, no matter what.

Anyone please reflect on HUD and cockpit change question maybe?

Thanks a lot

You will never go back to Ricardo cockpit because the 3D model is completely different now. HUD is now a little too big to fit in the HUD glass. You need to try different camera positions or look around with VR/Track IR

Thanks for the help, but I've found the real reason. I had the ancient "Bigger HUD font" mod applied, cause I tried to hack the previous HUD picture, where you needed to "lean" forward a lot to see the whole field of symbols within the HUD. I deactivated the mod and now the HUD is honky dory again. Just wanted to mention so anyone else knows what can be a reason.

Thanks anyways.

Also, if i follow your thinking, why does the HUD fit the whole HUD frame in VR now and it's only messed up in 2D (messed up exactly how it was in VR since this patch).

Parallax.

In 2D you look at the HUD from a single spot in the centre, in 3D you look from 2 places at the same time, 1 to the left of the HUD looking at the right of the HUD, the other to the right of the HUD looking at the left...

Parallax_Example.svg

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Parallax.

In 2D you look at the HUD from a single spot in the centre, in 3D you look from 2 places at the same time, 1 to the left of the HUD looking at the right of the HUD, the other to the right of the HUD looking at the left

Exactly! Think about it. VR and 2D are using the exact same cockpit 3D geometry. The difference is in the limitations imposed by a 2D display.