DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

@Fang333333, Charly314159, actually you can rollback yourself by following guide, you can choose which version you want as long as it's still available.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If you look in the FPS troubleshooting you would see that many of us have been "rolledback" for months.

Im more rolledback than Walmart prices right now. I have MULTIPLE versions.

And what's the point of OB if every user who encounters a problem roll back to stable?

Reported problems should be fixed in a reasonable time frame, that's the only answer.

Good point, so large Software companies with horrible expensive CAD, ERP or other Business critical software mostly take a couple month to a couple years in between fixing stuff coming up in beta testing.

That would make a reasonable timeframe for a Game around 18 to 36 month, depending on the complexity of the bug to fix?

Ok, jokes aside, the problem with "reasonable" timeframes is you can plan a timeframe as long as you want, if the root cause of a bug is complex enough it just won't matter what you want.

That's why every (reasonable) company has a rollback plan or at least a contingency plan, when doing updates to business critical software...

A sim developer is just a developer, no magician with god-like powers to create wonders. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I think I found what was the problem for me, it's the MSAA. I set it to 0 and now I have a solid 40 fps with the cockpit shadows set to medium and 1.5 pixel density.

This time I restart DCS after each try so I'm pretty sure of it.

I hope you will be able to find a way to use the MSAA with VR like we did before.

I think I found what was the problem for me, it's the MSAA. I set it to 0 and now I have a solid 40 fps with the cockpit shadows set to medium and 1.5 pixel density.

This time I restart DCS after each try so I'm pretty sure of it.

I hope you will be able to find a way to use the MSAA with VR like we did before.

Yeah, but without msaa DCS is a shimmering mess. i´m using 1.3PD + msaa x2. But lately i´m playing less and less cause the frame drops in vr are sickening

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

Reported problems should be fixed in a reasonable time frame

Well yes, in principle. And then you get cases like this completely fictitious bunch of people, for whom everything is borked, as always. As opposed to the rest 80% of us though, who are still chugging along with various degrees of success... as always.

So as a developer, what do you do? What's the common denominator? Some specific HW combos? Some weird use cases, with folks "daring to be different"? Or what? Where and what is your clue?

Not defending anyone. Not putting down anyone, either. It just isn't always that easy. And this I know from personal experience, but that's another story.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

A. So knowingly breaking carriers w a patch is an ok thing?

B. That doesnt cover all of the current carrier issues.

Planes drifting into each other on the carrier deck has been an issue on MP servers for many months. I wouldn't call that a new bug, by any stretch. In fact, this bug has had me avoiding carrier spawning since late 2019.

With that said, I do agree with some of your other statements. It's astonishing to me that many bug fixes/patches have been consistently rolled out. Meanwhile, a nearly game-breaking bug (carrier plane drifting) has remained a consistent issue since at least Q4 of 2019. Even earlier if memory serves.

Planes drifting into each other on the carrier deck has been an issue on MP servers for many months. I wouldn't call that a new bug, by any stretch. In fact, this bug has had me avoiding carrier spawning since late 2019.

With that said, I do agree with some of your other statements. It's astonishing to me that many bug fixes/patches have been consistently rolled out. Meanwhile, a nearly game-breaking bug (carrier plane drifting) has remained a consistent issue since at least Q4 of 2019. Even earlier if memory serves.

The drifting/sliding on deck was an issue a long time ago but has been long since fixed. Have spent the last couple of months continually running carrier ops witg zero issues. Whats happening now is a new issue.

Why the game doesn't offer me that hotfix?

Mine wasn't offering it either. But you can easily force the update by navigating to the "DCS World OpenBeta" folder on your computer, then going into the "bin" sub-folder and running the "DCS_updater.exe"

Mine wasn't offering it either. But you can easily force the update by navigating to the "DCS World OpenBeta" folder on your computer, then going into the "bin" sub-folder and running the "DCS_updater.exe"

That just started the game. No hotfix.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I've been testing this latest version and I am coming up with more and more issues.

The sound is terrible. Crackle Crackle cut out. Crackle Crackle

Restart fixes it maybe temporarily but it comes back with a vengeance.

No joke but the video I just recorded makes DCS look like a slow torture device in VR lol. Crackling sound and horrendous FPS. Long load times.

You name it.

I got it.

Across all modules, warplanes, civilian, in all scenarios.

I gave up this morning and (finally) rolled back to stable .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Just had a short sit and liftoff in the Shark now, but I had 45fps at Senaki, a few times dropping down to 30ish for ashort burst. That's more than the 22-30 I had there with the last few version, but I was using different airframes there, like the F-16. But IIRC I had less when I first tried the new Shark pit which was in 256 already. Same map, same settings. Need more testing though to be able to tell if it's actually better in general, but at least I can tell something happened here and it's going into the right direction.

And BTW while I had 22-30fps in the Viper, Hornet or JF-17, I could still fly rock steady 45fps in the Yak-52. And I do run my CV1 with PD 1.0 and no AA at all since I don't see a profitable gain therein at all, it's just less pixely, but not actually better and it costs a fortune of fps.

Obviously he's the CEO and likes to suggar coat everything and make his company look good. Duuuhh...

Obviously you didn't listen to the part when he said "our damage model... SUCKS BALLS, it is NOT acceptable." at around 27:12. He knows what DCS is weak at and he's got the true grit (pun intended) to point those flaws out, with the intent to make it as good as possible later on, which in this very case we're goint to see in the near future. And by the time you should know ED. Either they don't do it at all or go full gate. But Rome wasn't built in a day icon_exclaim.gif

This interview gives some great insights especially to the early access thing, and I fully support that. Nick seems to be such a great guy to have around and I bet he is ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg