Better Trees for Caucasus V6

Updated to Version 3.

Oh, thx! Will download.

btw.

I see your logo on YT. It looks like we have similar dogs ;).

7llXTAqt.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

this mod is now compulsory, thanks again for the amazing job

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Tried v3 Dark with CGTC...

CGTC textures are nice but they have "washed" colours. Try Starway Caucasus DLC and dark trees. Will be ok I suppose.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

CGTC textures are nice but they have "washed" colours. Try Starway Caucasus DLC and dark trees. Will be ok I suppose.

Yeah, you're most likely right. I'm just giving others an idea of what to expect from this particular combo. I thought that dark trees would be perfect for CGTC. But, to my surprise, the light ones are more suitable.

Dima | My DCS uploads

But the light version is a much better fit for the CGTC. It's nearly perfect (I would prefer more colors, but that's just me).

So, as much as I love the dark side, I'll stick with the Luke.

Thanks for the shots. It's always interesting to see how (different) they look depending on the system. What gamma?

v3 Light + CGTC Best for me !!

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Sheltie? Boy or girl? How old?

Its a boy, 5 y.o. :).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Any Hope for Grass Textures that are Less Strain on FPS?

What can I say Taz1004 - Thank you for v3 - For what I call the "MORE-BETTER-GOODER" grammatically incorrect version. LoL

Having the choice between light and dark is genius because it helps compensate for variables like monitor quality, gamma and other terrain mods, etc..

Two Questions:

• Is it possible to create a Clutter/Grass Mod that is less of an FPS performance hit when setting to higher values? (I think it would be nice to have grass set at 1500 for helicopter fun)

• What is your suggestion, if any, regarding ReShade?
    I just started experimenting with it mainly to get away from DCS built-in MSAA. Having fun trying out FXAA vs SMAA. (SMAA seems impressive with my Vega 56/64.)

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

What can I say Taz1004 - Thank you for v3 - For what I call the "MORE-BETTER-GOODER" grammatically incorrect version. LoL

Having the choice between light and dark is genius because it helps compensate for variables like monitor quality, gamma and other terrain mods, etc..

Two Questions:

• Is it possible to create a Clutter/Grass Mod that is less of an FPS performance hit when setting to higher values? (I think it would be nice to have grass set at 1500 for helicopter fun)

• What is your suggestion, if any, regarding ReShade?
    I just started experimenting with it mainly to get away from DCS built-in MSAA. Having fun trying out FXAA vs SMAA. (SMAA seems impressive with my Vega 56/64.)

I think you have too big of expectation of me :music_whistling:

I don't have much experience with ReShade other than installing it and uninstalling it because it didn't work with VR.

Grass is just procedural so I don't think you can really optimize it. But I might be wrong.

I'm currently trying to figure out what's causing stutter in some towns.

Mine's 5 year old too. A girl. Always begging me to play when I'm on my computer.

Jaster! ;D

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

First, thanks for this enhancement to DCS, MUCH appreciated!

I run it with Mustangs textures.

Now to some requests:

I live in the mountainous northern Scandinavia and the winters here are, well, snowy. We have a thick layer of snow for at least 6 months/year. So you could guess whats coming.

Most texture MODers have a tendency to REDUCE the snow coverage compared to vanilla DCS, making the cover thinner, to my disliking. That's obviously not your fault. But what you actually could do if time, inspiration and benevolence permits, is to add REAL winter trees, WHITE trees, where you could see the built up snow burden the tree branches, not just change the brown color to white. And by my understanding the ground below the trees as well (subctrate?). What do you say about that? You could make it a separate download. Pretty Please?:cry:

I guess we northern Scandinavians, Siberians, Alaskans and Canadians are together a minority in DCS, and the Caucasian winter might not be like up here, but I figured I might as well ask.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

First, thanks for this enhancement to DCS, MUCH appreciated!

I run it with Mustangs textures.

Now to some requests:

I live in the mountainous northern Scandinavia and the winters here are, well, snowy. We have a thick layer of snow for at least 6 months/year. So you could guess whats coming.

Most texture MODers have a tendency to REDUCE the snow coverage compared to vanilla DCS, making the cover thinner, to my disliking. That's obviously not your fault. But what you actually could do if time, inspiration and benevolence permits, is to add REAL winter trees, WHITE trees, where you could see the built up snow burden the tree branches, not just change the brown color to white. And by my understanding the ground below the trees as well (subctrate?). What do you say about that? You could make it a separate download. Pretty Please?:cry:

I guess we northern Scandinavians, Siberians, Alaskans and Canadians are together a minority in DCS, and the Caucasian winter might not be like up here, but I figured I might as well ask.

Thanks. That's good suggestion and will definitely consider doing winter with that in mind.

Thanks. That's good suggestion and will definitely consider doing winter with that in mind.
Just you considering it made my day (actually night)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

whoa, awesome!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control