[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

The police light is still not working in 1.5.8.12162 as far as I can tell.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bug (messed up INS display, see screenshot) keeps haunting me since the Mirage has been released, but I still haven't figured out what really causes it. I have decided though, to finally make a report on this one as it the bug just occured again on my last flight a couple of minutes ago. I'm attaching a track file of this flight, where bug occurs around the time my fuel state reaches ~1000kg (don't know the time, sorry). It happend when I wanted to input coordinates for WP3. Coordination input worked fine for waypoint 1 and 2 before, but it bugged out on waypoint 3.

Edit: Can't upload track file as it is too big...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yep saw that bug.

You can fix it by inputing anything in one of the windows, it will clear the screen.

I tried that and it didn't work. It just made it worse as digits appeared on top of other digits.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does it happen in single player or only in multiplayer?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Does it happen in single player or only in multiplayer?

I haven't flown the Mirage in SP, so I can't tell.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Let's say I have 7 waypoints in my flightplan. I am going to create a new one, so I select waypoint 08 as my PREP, bu then sometimes my INS will display a 'corrupt' screen (all the numbers overlapping in each section) and I will be unable to create any new waypoints from that point on. The corrupt numbers go away when I exit waypoint 08 as my PREP and punch in any number under 08, but they will return when I try again.

Sometimes I get a game crash shortly after; I will attach a log file. It's late here now, but tomorrow I will try to replicate this and post screenshots.

If I am doing something wrong in the INS management and it's simply pilot error and not a bug, please let me know, thanks!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I've had this "garbage data" issue with the next waypoint but I simply closed my eyes and started entering the new Lat/Long and everything worked out. When I entered the north data the east data initialized to all zeroes. I think it didn't update the display until I pressed INS at the end of the string which makes it harder to enter a valid sequence blind.

It's some kind of issue with undefined data being called up which expects well-behaved data. The call needs error checking or something on invalid return. Once that data slot is given well-behaved data everything seems to run normally.

• Like 1

I've had this "garbage data" issue with the next waypoint but I simply closed my eyes and started entering the new Lat/Long and everything worked out. When I entered the north data the east data initialized to all zeroes. I think it didn't update the display until I pressed INS at the end of the string which makes it harder to enter a valid sequence blind.

It's some kind of issue with undefined data being called up which expects well-behaved data. The call needs error checking or something on invalid return. Once that data slot is given well-behaved data everything seems to run normally.

ah okay good to know, thanks. next time it happens I'll try and input the waypoint anyway

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Same here.

BTW, the "wings" guidance cues for CCRP aren't supposed to be roll commands that guide you to the release point as a flight director? They actually are implemented as bearing deviation, which is weird for such interface.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys aware of this bug, already fixed in internal build?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

A2G designations work as expected, but the magic slave is broken in the last update.

You have to point the missile at the target in boresight, lockon is impossilbe via radar designation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

When locking in narrow mode, then unlocking this happens...

attachment.php?attachmentid=179353&stc=1&d=1518912939

radargreen.jpg.5e91c576aa9ba1b7b5001c305f34e506.jpg

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Looks like you are using Bscope set to 15 degrees balayage in TWS set to a range of 40nm, with your antenna offset to the left. What is the issue?

Now when you unlock it should not revert to 40nm TWS. It should only be set to range in use in close AA special mode.

Aha! So it wasnt just me fumbling. Yea I have had this happen too, and just had it down to me, forgetting how to operate the darn thing :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I've had this issue as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've also had instances where putting the cross on the target's tailpipe at 1-2nm doesn't give me a tone after it failed to slave so I am wondering if it's a problem with the missile or seeker not actually being selected/activated. I will try to reproduce it in isolation and see how to fix it (toggling master arm and pca selection off and on would be my first guess as how to get it working again).