DCS MiG-23 development update

On 7/27/2022 at 12:35 PM, MiGCap1 said:

23BN. You wrote it was doable due to the number of operators. And I think You are right, as all information about ex-GDR aircraft should be available without problems.

Yeah the Cuban dev has access to cuban 23BN's so those should be doable. IDK about a 27. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 7/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, exhausted said:

MiG-23BN is the main attraction to the MiG-23 series. Otherwise, it's just playing fighter bait.

Not really. You can cosplay as mig23 with the 29 right now reasonably well. And a decent pilot does just fine in modern scenarios as long as you have some GCI... Against other 3rd gens its gonna be top tier. 

• Like 6

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Can't wait for this. Then we can do Tomcats vs. MiG-23's =o)

Yes...one day in a distant future, in a Galaxy,far, far away. 😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

forum.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mainstay said:

Is this actually still a thing? 

I've been thinking the same.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yup in general Razbam forward facing side is much more discord oriented and they don't really post much on forums here. So as suggested. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mogster said:

Discord is a piece of trash. The interface looks like it’s been designed by a pre teenage child with ADD. 

First it was Facebook, now Discord. Why can’t the dev’s just post regular updates in the forum…

Amusingly at its base its IRC with a better UI. But anyhow if you wanna talk to Raz thats the place to do it. 

These are R-23R/T missiles, right? I thought MiG-23MLA was using R-24R/T missiles?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

10 hours ago, Koty said:

Cool. But there are people who haven't.

You're wrong. I've already posted this immages. Please check out other topics in the Mig-23 thread to avoid doubble postings.

Thx

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 2

forum.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, interesting... but still too slow development sadly.

Are there any work in progress pics about the HUD, avionics, cockpit ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

1 hour ago, Top Jockey said:

Are there any work in progress pics about the HUD, avionics, cockpit ?

From what I gather, Razbam's development cycle goes like "do the 3D first, start with coding once that part is more or less ready". While in recent couple of years their number of programmers seem to have grown so that they do now actually have multiple teams, with highly complex Strike Eagle being in development (and seemingly being slotted for an earlier release than the MiG), as well as Mirage 2000C still seeing improvements, and Harrier seemingly having things to be done (don't follow that one closely TBH so not sure), one can see and understand that it will likely be a while before we see systems working on the MiG, let alone having even a tentative release window.

At least it is being worked on, and I am happy to see that. But I don't expect it to be in our virtual hangars soon if I have to be realistic. With 3D model progressing, and Mirage as well as Harrier having relatively little left to do on them coding wise (well not sure on Harrier but I would hope anyway), we will like start seeing such progress on the 23 too in the coming months. But for an early access, I'd say at least about a year, give or take a month or two 😛

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script