The Barricade

Tank50us

Since HB added the ability for the hook to be ripped off, and it's possible in both the Tomcat and the Hornet for the hook to be shot off, I wonder when we'll get the Barricade so that we have a chance to bring our plane back to the boat and repair it.

Photo Sequence shows F-14A Tomcat Engaging Barricade during Emergency  Landing aboard USS Kitty Hawk - The Aviation Geek Club

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, draconus said:

It's a feature for release version of SC so why wishlist?

Because we haven't heard anything in a while about it, and given that the two carrier aircraft that can land on the Supercarriers can both lose their hooks for various reasons, I just wonder why we don't have this feature yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tank50us said:

Because we haven't heard anything in a while about it, and given that the two carrier aircraft that can land on the Supercarriers can both lose their hooks for various reasons, I just wonder why we don't have this feature yet.

Just divert, honestly. I guess it's a low priority feature anyways.

4 hours ago, Tank50us said:

Ah, but that might be an option depending on the mission that's set up.

Then the mission maker should consider the supercarrier is not complete yet (missing the barricade), and deal with that in some other way. HB changing hook mechanics for their module should not change ED's priorities.  

Edited by BarTzi

4 hours ago, BarTzi said:

Then the mission maker should consider the supercarrier is not complete yet (missing the barricade), and deal with that in some other way. HB changing hook mechanics for their module should not change ED's priorities.  

No, the Hornet's always been able to lose its hook to battle damage. Sure, it's incredibly unlikely due to the way things currently are (you'd blow out the engines trying to hit it), but if ED were to consider that possibility, they'd have made sure that taking the barricade was something we could do. Also, I recently learned that aircraft low on gas will take it as well if the only other option is the pilot going for a swim. I guess the kicker is the collision model not resulting in an aircraft exploding on contact with the barricade.

• Like 2

Just now, Tank50us said:

No, the Hornet's always been able to lose its hook to battle damage. Sure, it's incredibly unlikely due to the way things currently are (you'd blow out the engines trying to hit it), but if ED were to consider that possibility, they'd have made sure that taking the barricade was something we could do. Also, I recently learned that aircraft low on gas will take it as well if the only other option is the pilot going for a swim. I guess the kicker is the collision model not resulting in an aircraft exploding on contact with the barricade.

You are asking them to change their development priorities based on your opinion. To be honest, there are other more important features they should add to the SC module before the barricade. 
It's in EA, so you should work around the current limitations. Divert or eject - it's just a computer game at the end of the day.

All supercarrier 3D models has the barricate animated:

Supercarrier_Barricade.pngSupercarrier_Barricade_2.png

ED has tell on the Official News, Barricate surely coming when 3D Air Boss (PriFly) Cockpit has been implemented, actually a feature on progress, no for a wishlist. From last Supercarrier develop report, 18 June, Official Newsletter.

DCS: Supercarrier Early Access period work continues. We are working on the following additional features, and we look forward to sharing more information soon.

• Air Boss station
  • Briefing room
  • Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera & VR support
  • DCS: Combined Arms integration
  • "Burble" effect
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages
  • Functional barricade net

•  

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team

Hi all, 

as you are all aware the barricade is planned and will come later in early access.

You may have different views on priorities for the project, but the people who are in the best position to prioritise work are the team members and managers, we hope we can share more work with you soon.

Thanks. 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

as you are all aware the barricade is planned and will come later in early access.

You may have different views on priorities for the project, but the people who are in the best position to prioritise work are the team members and managers, we hope we can share more work with you soon.

Thanks. 

Thanks for your answer BigNewy, i remember reading its planned that ground crew will taxi players to park area when landing. Can you confirm if its still planned ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just want my cup of coffee to spit out when F-14 drivers "bust the tower". I dont think thats asking too much.....

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 4 months later...

ED: Pleeeease please don't allow only a single dictator-airboss in airboss station to control it, instead please allow players who are airborne in aircraft and within a certain radius of the carrier to request the barrier net to be raised via the F10 radio menu. (and that that player's "barrier net" landing is added to the carrier-procedure queue and that no launches are allowed from the two rear catapults as soon as the barrier net is raised until that player has landed in the barrier.) Thank you. 🤘

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

8 minutes ago, D4n said:

...instead please allow players who are airborne in aircraft and within a certain radius of the carrier to request the barrier net to be raised via the F10 radio menu.

It's unrealistic for the pilot to decide but for sure they can report emergency.

• Thanks 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

I mention this with the complete understanding that it is still a WIP but I hope that someone in ED realizes that the wind over the deck is blowing from front to back and reverses the curves of the barrier straps before that makes it to release 😜

Why, have you seen any videogame with the strap curves hanging in the wrong direction? 😆

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And when it gets in game everyone would use it so carrier ops will be limited..

It's already animated for about half a year now I think.. Might be longer... They just need to make the code for it.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

6 hours ago, joey45 said:

And when it gets in game everyone would use it so carrier ops will be limited.

True! 😯 Then it would be awesome if ED implements a (tiny) unit-check algorithm that checks if there's at least 2 carriers in the same team and then force-enables barricade to be activated on one (random) carrier. (and only let mission designers choose which carrier has the barricade, and not let them disable barricade on all carriers.) 😃

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2021 at 9:15 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

Thanks. 

Nearly 3 year's on, are we still in the "soon" timeframe for hope of hearing something? Just curious as was thinking about the barricade and other aspects as seeing if anything has changed with the module so stumbled on this thread and when reading was surprised to see the asset is already there in some format (not sure how silver dragon above managed to get that image up but it looks like its in the game)?  

What's the latest with this and the module as note from the updates on this part of the forum its gone very quiet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

What's the latest with this and the module...

Supercarrier. 2024 will see continued work on the new plane director operations that move aircraft out of the landing area to a parking location. This is in addition to work on the Air Boss deck and Ready Room

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Nearly 3 year's on, are we still in the "soon" timeframe for hope of hearing something? Just curious as was thinking about the barricade and other aspects as seeing if anything has changed with the module so stumbled on this thread and when reading was surprised to see the asset is already there in some format (not sure how silver dragon above managed to get that image up but it looks like its in the game)?  

What's the latest with this and the module as note from the updates on this part of the forum its gone very quiet.

Early access is a long process, we have mentioned many times some of the supercarrier features require DCS core updates that are coming with multithreading tweaks and eventually vulkan, we have basically reached the limits of what directX can do. 

Please take note of the information we share in our newsletter, this is from 8 days a go on the 12th of January 

Supercarrier. 2024 will see continued work on the new plane director operations that move aircraft out of the landing area to a parking location. This is in addition to work on the Air Boss deck and Ready Room.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/80815af823dd79988484f6e9a40c9bb0/

When we are ready to share more news we will let you all know

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2