any news on sim thread multi-threading?

twistking

On 7/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned in the first newsletter of the year 

Work is progressing and as soon as we are happy we will share more news with you all.

thank you for your patience 

Hello Guys.. we are one year later than as mentioned in the first 2021 newsletter.
There are some news about the optimization?  

With my friends when we try to fly all together... if we put few objects to create realistic missions.. start to be unplayable..

thank you 🙂

Edited by Raiden85

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Raiden85 said:

Hello Guys.. we are one year later than as mentioned in the first 2021 newsletter.
There are some news about the optimization?  

With my friends when we try to fly all together... if we put few objects to create realistic missions.. start to be unplayable..

thank you 🙂

Work continues for multithreading, and the work is going well. When we are ready we will share more news. 

thanks

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Work continues for multithreading, and the work is going well. When we are ready we will share more news. 

thanks

Come on!!

I know it is not easy work.
I don t want be the "hater" most "Hatered" from whole ED. 🤣

But i really like DCS and i want the best for me and my friends virtual pilots 🙂

Edited by Raiden85
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, maxsin72 said:

Which performance gain is expected with a cpu with 4 cores/8 threads? Thank you

Ok, I'll take this one..

The answer is: "42"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, maxsin72 said:

Which performance gain is expected with a cpu with 4 cores/8 threads? 

I don't know how DCS multicore  will perform, since its obviously not released yet, but we can take for example the performance results for Adobe Photoshop:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-625/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 hours ago, sirrah said:

Ok, I'll take this one..

The answer is: "42"

Perhaps the question was not for you and, if you think to be nice and smart, i think you are wrong🤣

16 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don't know how DCS multicore  will perform, since its obviously not released yet, but we can take for example the performance results for Adobe Photoshop:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-625/

My question was very generic, i'm only curious to understand if even with 4 cores/8 threads just like in my case, it will be possible to see improvements or if, in any case, it's better to upgrade my cpu, but specifically in dcs

Edited by maxsin72

Just now, maxsin72 said:

Perhaps the question was not for you and, if you think to be nice and smart, i think you are wrong🤣

Indeed that's exactly what I thought! 😌

Just in case.. You do realize that literally nobody can answer your question, right?

(other than maybe ED, who probably won't make any claims until they release it for public testing)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Indeed that's exactly what I thought! 😌

Just in case.. You do realize that literally nobody can answer your question, right?

(other than maybe ED, who probably won't make any claims until they release it for public testing)

As i told you, the question was for Bignewy and only for him, and i'm sure he knows something very generic about

8 minutes ago, maxsin72 said:

As i told you, the question was for Bignewy and only for him, and i'm sure he knows something very generic about

If it’s only for a single person, please do the rest of us a favour and PM him directly 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

40 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

If it’s only for a single person, please do the rest of us a favour and PM him directly 

You are wrong, it's a useful question for everybody who has a cpu with 4 cores /8 threads and i think a lot of people could be in my same situation. I think you have lost a good opportunity to remain in silence. 

Edited by maxsin72

1 hour ago, maxsin72 said:

I think you have lost a good opportunity to remain in silence. 

I think you are quite annoying 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

51 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I think you are quite annoying 🙄

I think i made a legit question to one person and, one annoying person full of himself just like you, did not understand he did not have anything pertinent to say.

Edited by maxsin72

1 hour ago, maxsin72 said:

You are wrong, it's a useful question for everybody who has a cpu with 4 cores /8 threads and i think a lot of people could be in my same situation. I think you have lost a good opportunity to remain in silence. 

Well make up your mind.  Is it for everyone, or just BN?  Just look at high consistent you failed to be?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, maxsin72 said:

Scroll back up 😉

when the situation changes I’m sure we will all know  

• Like 2

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Well make up your mind.  Is it for everyone, or just BN?  Just look at high consistent you failed to be?

What is BN? I don't need to make up my mind, you need it. I know many people have a configuration just like i have so what is your point? Please stop to go out of topic with your pathetic attempt to pass for the one who is right.. 

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

Scroll back up 😉

when the situation changes I’m sure we will all know  

Already read that, thank you. If Bignewy will answer me with more info, it will be interesting otherwise i will wait. 

Edited by maxsin72

6 minutes ago, maxsin72 said:

Already read that, thank you. If Bignewy will answer me with more info, it will be interesting otherwise i will wait. 

That answer is only a month old, chances are nothing has changed in that time. 

• Like 2

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

When one openly post questions here on the forum, one can anticipate that people will respond. 

BN is BigNewy. 

When you ask impossible questions, it's a fair chance that people will answer with "42", and it's a good joke. You obviously have not read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

"The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42."

Things are often lost in translation on this forum in any case. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 3

• ED Team

As we have mentioned many times work is going well on multithreading, testing is in progress. When we are ready to share more details we will. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

That answer is only a month old, chances are nothing has changed in that time. 

But my question it's not what is changed or not and i didn't ask when the update will be available or if there is something new. I have asked if 4cores/8 threads cpus will see improvements or if, in any case, an upgrade will be necessary. 

Edited by maxsin72

40 minutes ago, maxsin72 said:

But my question it's not what is changed or not and i didn't ask when the update will be available or if there is something new. I have asked if 4cores/8 threads cpus will see improvements or if, in any case, an upgrade will be necessary. 

Well since it’s multi-core it’s a safe bet that it will use at least 4 cores as most every current and not-so-current cpu has at least 4. A worthwhile question might be will it use more than 4? Or any benefit to be had from 4+? I seems like that answer isn’t ready yet. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Well since it’s multi-core it’s a safe bet that it will use at least 4 cores as most every current and not-so-current cpu has at least 4. A worthwhile question might be will it use more than 4? Or any benefit to be had from 4+? I seems like that answer isn’t ready yet. 

I think who is developing multithread knows if he is working to optimize starting from 4 cores or more, in any case i understand if they don't want to share informations.