Cockpit texture fixes

MYSE1234

@MYSE1234, are your mods eventually landing in the DCS module (either as defaults where applicable or selectable via SPECIAL settings tab)?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

43 minutes ago, TOViper said:

@MYSE1234, are your mods eventually landing in the DCS module (either as defaults where applicable or selectable via SPECIAL settings tab)?

I wouldn't expect that to happen, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. It's all based on HB's work, so as far as I'm concerned they are free to do whatever with it. Except maybe removing them... Most of them are WIP to some extent (like the module itself), so I guess that may be problematic having to update it every month or whatever.

But I mean if this is something people want, I guess let it be known here on the forum so HB know.

• Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 1 month later...

So, uhm, as a native Swedish speaker, as an almost native Swede to be honest, what version of this should I get to A) get those finger-licking good textures but B) keep everything in Swedish while C) not convert anything to imperial units?

I don't want to test this and end up soiling the Viggen with feet and inches is all...

I'll throw in a minor factoid: 90 % of all Swedish words stems from Old English. Most words are intelligeble for an English speaker with some basic language knowledge. Just as an example: "Cannon" is "kanon". Same word, just with weird spelling. "Automatic" is "automat". "AKAN" are made up of the two - automat-kanon. See, it's not that hard! The list goes on: "Rocket" is "raket".  "Airplane" is "flygplan", literally from "flyga" - "fly" and to do it straight - in a vertical plane.

A last one: "BER" in the Viggen stands for "beredskap". Beredskap has its roots in old-german (closely related to old-english - You're all speaking an evolved, future, form of German actually) in the form of "bereit". Bereit transformed into "ready" - [bereit-reite-reide-readi-ready] according to etymology sources. "Beredskap" is the same word as "ready". Once you know it, you can't unsee it.

I'm done now. Please continue with your lives. 🙂

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Snokrel said:

So, uhm, as a native Swedish speaker, as an almost native Swede to be honest, what version of this should I get to A) get those finger-licking good textures but B) keep everything in Swedish while C) not convert anything to imperial units?

I don't want to test this and end up soiling the Viggen with feet and inches is all...

You want just the 3.0 download, not the one with "English" in the link

Though as a small addition: the imperial version doesn't replace the metric readouts, it just adds feet and miles as extra. Though if you don't want those, then just don't download that extra one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 4:03 PM, Snokrel said:

I'll throw in a minor factoid: 90 % of all Swedish words stems from Old English.

I'd say you have that they wrong way around. Old English is a branch of Germanic language, with a heavy dose of old Norse (that of course also is a Germanic language), and Swedish is of course also a descendant of old Norse. 😁

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mikke_EAF331 said:

I'd say you have that they wrong way around. Old English is a branch of Germanic language, with a heavy dose of old Norse (that of course also is a Germanic language), and Swedish is of course also a descendant of old Norse. 😁

But Icelandic is the oldest and the Norsest.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this was a thing, but yeah you can't load viggen with these mods in server with "pure texture" and "pure script" (if script section modified) as it'll just kick you once viggen is loaded.

Never know nor noticed since before 2.8 I've never been kicked or flagged for having viggen mods loaded for the "pure texture" setting.

Yeah, the "pure texture" thing is a new thing that affect the Viggen module. It's wasn't a thing until 2.8, but is now unfortunately.
So yeah, thanks for that one ED 😄

I do have some new "pure texture" friendly versions coming for some of my mods, but don't expect them to looks quite as nice as the current ones due to them missing edited textures.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New v4.0 is out.

• New versions of the mod that will clear the new texture IC - the radar will look slightly worse as a result
  • Updated annunciation panel text - Should make them looks a bit more "alive" with some slight variation in the luminosity of the text
  • Possibly some minor changes I've forgotten about
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Zyberdash said:

Hey is it possible to use this mod together with your realistic ep08 mod. If so what should i load first in the mod manager?

It is possible yes. The order required is to first enable this cockpit mod, and then the EP08 one.
Be aware though that the EP08 will fail texture IC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 5:13 AM, TAIPAN_ said:

Looking to install the Viggen mod soon when I get back from travel. Wondering if any issues with todays Viggen update? 

I think all this will be added in the January update

• Like 1

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have a question:

looks like as of today, the mod is still not part of the Viggen module. but the installation method seems outdated by now (cockpit texture mods should now go into \saved games instead for example). after putting the mod in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\AJS37cockpit\Texture fixes and selecting it under special options. there are still parts of the cockpit that are not illuminated, just like without the mod. these areas include:
AoA indicator

radio frequency tuner

compass bearings

my question is is this because of some update from HB that broke the base module or do i need to install the mod by replacing the games files in the DCS folder?