F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

1 hour ago, falcon_120 said:

You are all getting too excited with the 2 weeks after pre-purchase, but it has not been confirmed has it?

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

2 weeks is a stylish and fashionable solution! :thumbsup:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/17/2023 at 3:27 AM, Bananabrai said:

Plus Steam is taking 30% of the share which otherwise could be in ED's or 3rd party hands.

This is the big reason I don't use Steam anymore for DCS. I'd rather ED get that 30% so they can keep doing what they do. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hello ! Sorry for bad english.

There is information that the monochrome MFDs on the F 15E were being replaced in the mid-2000s by Rockwell Collins 5in Flat Panel Color Displays using active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) technology color ones.

How many F 15E have been upgraded this way ?

Will RAZBAM add new color MFDs in later ?

8 hours ago, Miro said:

Does anyone know if the F-15 will have Datalink? For example, in the F-16, from one display, I can plan the entire action. Will the F-15E we get have something like this?

It does have JTIDS controls but I don't know how extensive it is. The TSD may only display stuff like other flight members and own sensors, rather than the extensive datalink data that you would find in the Link-16 equipped F-15Cs (the data and display is very similar to the F-18 data link format). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edvard83 said:

There is information that the monochrome MFDs on the F 15E were being replaced in the mid-2000s by Rockwell Collins 5in Flat Panel Color Displays using active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) technology color ones.

Does not exist.  The MPCDs were updated to LCD.  The MPDs are still the same ones from the 80s/90s

12 hours ago, Edvard83 said:

The F-15C has a full color MPCD, but other than that I think the only E variant with full color displays all over is the EX/Q and other newish versions that have that huge F-35esq display.

12 hours ago, Edvard83 said:

Interesting question, would this be a part of the CTU-1 where we are getting the digital UFC with the F-15E or the CTU-2..?

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

5 часов назад, Rainmaker сказал:

Does not exist.  The MPCDs were updated to LCD.  The MPDs are still the same ones from the 80s/90s

That is, the old 5in cathode ray tubes MPCD have been replaced with new Rockwell Collins 5in Flat Panel Color Displays (AMLCD).
Monochrome 6in cathode ray tubes MPD remained unchanged.
I understand correctly ?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 hours ago, Edvard83 said:

That is, the old 5in cathode ray tubes MPCD have been replaced with new Rockwell Collins 5in Flat Panel Color Displays (AMLCD).
Monochrome 6in cathode ray tubes MPD remained unchanged.
I understand correctly ?

Yep. That’s correct. Really not all that much visual difference when they went LCD. Maybe a bit cleaner, but nothing all that noticeable. 

• Thanks 1

From Baltic.D FB
" So, the #StrikeEagle A/A radar… the document below lists only basic RWS and TWS, and there are also 5 auto-acquisition modes plus several special ones. Oh, and separate symbology for AIM-120 and AIM-7. Doing my best to break it all down in the most comprehensible way. Hm, and did I mention different HOTAS commands for each of them?"

332483347_901325064399226_7106157728415025670_n.jpg

• Like 2

Patrick

mini.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I really like "interior" modelling, something like in Black Shark 3, appreciate it very much! I'm curious about damage model... Will there be instant death like in the F-16, after hitting the engine with a manpad, or will you be able to get admire the damage for a while and eject?

:pilotfly:

3 hours ago, Miro said:

I really like "interior" modelling, something like in Black Shark 3, appreciate it very much! I'm curious about damage model... Will there be instant death like in the F-16, after hitting the engine with a manpad, or will you be able to get admire the damage for a while and eject?

Let's hope it's not like the F16 - that damage model needs a lot of work. 

• Like 3

On 2/16/2023 at 11:10 PM, JB3DG said:

It does have JTIDS controls but I don't know how extensive it is. The TSD may only display stuff like other flight members and own sensors, rather than the extensive datalink data that you would find in the Link-16 equipped F-15Cs (the data and display is very similar to the F-18 data link format). 

The TSD doesnt show datalink. 98% of the L-16 stuff is on the SIT page (and yes, the only L-16 thing that appears on the AA RDR is 1 single DL track which you can choose on the SIT) which is like the strike eagle's SA page.

I hope this is not hard on cpu cycles, as it is rendered with panels opened or closed.

Same as the black shark 3?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Anyone know the early release date. I was on the razbam discord and one of the kids mentioned 2 weeks and that was a week or so ago. 

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

3 minutes ago, Punisher74 said:

I was on the razbam discord and one of the kids mentioned 2 weeks and that was a week or so ago. 

well, if the kid works at razbam then that info should be true, isn’t it? .. just wait one more week and then you will know for sure 🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB