Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

20 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

well I don't understand why the front nose wheel has breaks on; or the wheel chocks AI is broken? I removed them, and throttle forward and no movement, full throttle and flipped the plane over because the dam front nose gear won't move. 

Do you have the brakes on axes? Try to invert them: when I map right and left wheel brakes on my pedals axes, they always need to be inverted, if I don't do that, they'll be active in the aircraft when I'm not pushing on the pedals in reality and vice versa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gianky said:

Do you have the brakes on axes? Try to invert them: when I map right and left wheel brakes on my pedals axes, they always need to be inverted, if I don't do that, they'll be active in the aircraft when I'm not pushing on the pedals in reality and vice versa.

its working, just have to get used to how the left and right breaks work in conjunction with the throttle amount.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• plusnine changed the title to Community A-4E-C v2.1.1 (April 2023)
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tengah said:

Is anyone else finding that on the loadout screen, the TER is missing but the weapons are present?  Or is it just me and my clunker of a PC?  

Is it happening if you select a preset loadout? 

Does it happen when you manually select a TER? 

If it only happens with a preset, redo/resave the preset. 

12 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Is it happening if you select a preset loadout? 

Does it happen when you manually select a TER? 

If it only happens with a preset, redo/resave the preset. 

Hi Razo+r,

It happens every which way I try to add a TER with whichever weapon >.<   I always make my own loadouts rather than using presets but I did try a preset and the same result.  I am quite perplexed by this oddity.  Thank you for your help, but alas, I am still TER-less.

Edited for explanation clarity.

Edited by Tengah

I can not get AI A4s to bomb tanks, or use Shreiks.

I have A4 set to CAS(tried SEAD, made no diffrence) have them set to attack SA-3s, but they refuse to use Shreiks and use cluster bombs instead.

Other groups have 3 MK83s on TER on their belly, to bomb tanks, but they refuse to engage at all, just flying at 8000 feet.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:43 AM, plusnine said:

resolved, user had not deleted old control bindings from a pre-2.0 release of the module.

Hi Plusnine!!

Isn't the NVG functional in v2.1.1 update?

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

From the most recent DCS Open Beta patch, MP servers using the Sinai map seem to be unable to communicate with the tanker of the CV.
The CV will respond, but tells you you do not have permission to land.  The tanker does not respond. 

This works ok in single player running the same mission.  I tried both single and multi thread in multiplayer with the same results.

Edited by Rhayvn

I got a skin pack coming for this bird from VA-94 "Mighty Shrikes" from the Vietnam era in 1969. I have painfully dug up information on 15 aircraft, Modex, BuNo ect. Not all references have pilot names because I simply cannot read them. I was thinking for the ones I do not have them I could add your names to the A/C? And even an aircraft name such as "Jaunty Jan" see on MODEX 402 BuNo 2031 flown by CDR Richard D. Lazenby, CO, VA-94. I need to find out who the CAG and DCAG were for Modex 400 & 401. These will all have custom hard numbers painted on the birds.

ff08b693d1a6a8412397739a43493b76--mate-spaceships.jpg

Anyhow, I have the following available for community pilots. Your real names must be used for immersion reasons. I will put the rank on for you, cant be too top heavy. Let me know what your aircraft nickname is (goes on the dorsal hump). Please ensure it is something that would appear in the Vietnam era like "Red Rider", "Suzie Q", "Boom Boom Betty" ect:

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
grammar
  • Like 4

Still can't get AI A4s to do what they are supposed. Loaded up with regular MK82s they will not attack.

AIs in my flight follow orders and attack.  But pure AI flights will not attack(tried Ground attack and CAS) 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Hey all

Is it possible to enter co ords in to the nav computer whilst in flight.  I have tried to set way points on the fly using the rotary dials, push down, turn etc but I cannot get the co ords to move..Is there a step by step approach to this, I remember being able to do this in prior iterations, but latest iteration..nah.  Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, deltahawk2020s said:

Hey all

Is it possible to enter co ords in to the nav computer whilst in flight.  I have tried to set way points on the fly using the rotary dials, push down, turn etc but I cannot get the co ords to move..Is there a step by step approach to this, I remember being able to do this in prior iterations, but latest iteration..nah.  Thanks in advance. 

It works and it should work just the same way as it works on the ground. Being airborne or not shouldn't make any difference here. So if you can do it on the ground you should also be able to do it while airborne.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

14 hours ago, deltahawk2020s said:

Hey all

DCS Sport on youtube has a good video talking about the nav computer.

• Like 1

• Solution
On 6/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, =Skywarp= said:

Hi Plusnine!!

Isn't the NVG functional in v2.1.1 update?

NVG availability is set by the mission designer. the option is disabled by default. to enable it, open the mission in the mission editor, select an A-4E-C unit, then select the right-most option tab - this is a part of the same suite of tabs where you select the livery and loadout settings). There you can enable NVG equipment for the unit, and/or remove the ECM panel if you wish.

Note this same set of tabs also allows you to preset the radio frequencies used by the radio presets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guy's, new to the A-4, it's a pretty cool addition, thank you. 

Anyway, just wondering why the centre of the sight reticule doesn't line up with the centre of the reflector glass? (See picture attached.) 

I know you can adjust it up and down for various bombing runs etc but when using guns, the tracers show the bullets in the middle of the reticule as you would want but on the very top of the reflector glass. This way you can't see the top half of the reticule which helps with leading the shot. Is the pilots head position to high? Is this how it's meant to be?

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

A4 Reticle.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

46 minutes ago, Aussie Pilot said:

Hi Guy's, new to the A-4, it's a pretty cool addition, thank you. 

Anyway, just wondering why the centre of the sight reticule doesn't line up with the centre of the reflector glass? (See picture attached.) 

I know you can adjust it up and down for various bombing runs etc but when using guns, the tracers show the bullets in the middle of the reticule as you would want but on the very top of the reflector glass. This way you can't see the top half of the reticule which helps with leading the shot. Is the pilots head position to high? Is this how it's meant to be?

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

A4 Reticle.jpg

As you already noted yourself, that can easily be corrected by adjusting your camera/head position. Wether the same effect would be so pronounced in the real craft is hard to say. First all, not all pilots have the same body shape and second it is much more natural and intuitive to simply move your head around.

My solution (in any aircraft) is to find a suitable camera position and save it as default.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 hours ago, Hiob said:

As you already noted yourself, that can easily be corrected by adjusting your camera/head position. Wether the same effect would be so pronounced in the real craft is hard to say. First all, not all pilots have the same body shape and second it is much more natural and intuitive to simply move your head around.

My solution (in any aircraft) is to find a suitable camera position and save it as default.

And if you save the camera in a lower position, you may have other complications as a little more difficult to watch around and land on the carrier, for example.

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

5 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

And if you save the camera in a lower position, you may have other complications as a little more difficult to watch around and land on the carrier, for example.

Yeah, the key concept here was „move your head“. I don’t believe that there was a „one position fits all“ for the real pilots. But those are just assumptions.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Unfortunately the A-4E doesn't offers seat adjust as other aircrafts.

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

Unfortunately the A-4E doesn't offers seat adjust as other aircrafts.

But you can nevertheless raise (or lower) the position of your virtual head aka make your pilot taller or smaller. And other than the seat adjustment (if there was one) you can even save the camera position as default.

• Like 2

But you can nevertheless raise (or lower) the position of your virtual head aka make your pilot taller or smaller. And other than the seat adjustment (if there was one) you can even save the camera position as default.
Yup! Have mapped the keybinds to switches so it basically works as a seat lower/raise function for me.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I ended up doing similar but via "Voice Attack". So, I have one seat position set lower with the reticule more centred for when using the guns and another seat setting back to default which as you say, is better for landing etc. I just say "Seat down" or "seat up" for what I need at the time.

• Like 1

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

Slightly off topic: is it possible, guys, to set a new position for the pilot's head in VR? Everytime I got into the cockpit I have to use the recenter button, while physically moving my head around to find the right position...

• Like 2