Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

7 minutes ago, Czechnology said:

Like a lot of folks are saying, could be a lot of things. Could be any of the veritable SLEW of aircraft or terrains that got announced in the August-October period. The hun, the tornado, the Kfir, the Skyraider, the Hercules, or the La-7 for planes, we've been expecting Kiowa news. Sinai and Kola for maps. That or the literal HUNDREDS of options for terrains or aircraft.

But we're all rooting for the Phantom, and I really do belive it will be atleast teased with a similar, but in-game shot of the gunsight.

You'd definitely hope that we would see something for the F-4. I would imagine that showing off some clips will tide over everyone who's been hoping for this all year. 

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

4 hours ago, RevampedGrunt said:

You'd definitely hope that we would see something for the F-4. I would imagine that showing off some clips will tide over everyone who's been hoping for this all year. 

Also, given that it's supposedly in the most advanced state out of the aforementioned modules, it's the one that makes the most sense.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

12 hours ago, dcsil2pilot said:

The thing you're missing is this was attached to multiple other comments talking about VR, multithreading, and Vulkan and having an FPS counter in the corner showing 90FPS on a busy strip in VR.

We never go to see them that features on a "202X and beyond" video, that only show ED engine and modules. That has only can appears on a new "202X Roadmap"....

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Omega417 said:

I was trying to get really good at photoshop so I could try to create a fake screenshot of the store page of DCS and post "its a christmas miracle", but I ran out of time. 

This would have been absolute chaos lmao 

• Like 4

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

22 minutes ago, Omega417 said:

I was trying to get really good at photoshop so I could try to create a fake screenshot of the store page of DCS and post "its a christmas miracle", but I ran out of time. 

In my opinion you get points just for thinking about it.

4 hours ago, Maberickxx88 said:

I expect the Phantom to be released at end of january and will be followed by the Strike Eagle at end of february. The cherry on top will be the La7 at end of march.🤨

That's a lot of positive thinking there. F-15E probably not until q2 or q3 of 23 if we are lucky. Who knows how much work the F-4 needs, seeing as how they were still working on radar. 

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito

hace 25 minutos, RevampedGrunt dijo:

That's a lot of positive thinking there. F-15E probably not until q2 or q3 of 23 if we are lucky. Who knows how much work the F-4 needs, seeing as how they were still working on radar. 

None of us knows really how far it is along. For all we know it might be with the beta testers now. I have talked with a few beta testers and they wont answer any questions (rightfully so i might add) The F-15 seems pretty much ready and just needs green light from ED and the kiowa seems pretty much ready as well. I am just hoping we will have our beloved phantom unvailed in the 2023 & beyond video. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:31 AM, Heinlein said:

With the amount of new features and modules on the assembly line in DCS the 23&beyond video is going to be lit any way. But I hope for the life of me that we get the unveiling of the phantom.

That was what I was hoping for too. I didn't really expected to see the Phantom in 2022 anyways, but the unveilling would have been a kind action...too bad

I think the way of announcing a module whereas its availability cant really be promissed or estimated and the release gets pushed back again and again or sudden silence kicks in for years, is not a good one. It would spare lots of stress for the DevTeams and keeps us away from postings thousands of senseless posts, if we'd get the announcement along with a solid and aproved releasedate. The modules we have so far keep us busy anyways and how do we say in germany...(I think its a good phrase): What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.

I think I would feel better if I wouldn't have known that my Childhood dream Jet will be available in DCS until it arrives for sure to a certain date. 

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Omega417 said:

I respect the hustle, though.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

48 minutes ago, MemphisBelle said:

That was what I was hoping for too. I didn't really expected to see the Phantom in 2022 anyways, but the unveilling would have been a kind action...too bad

I think the way of announcing a module whereas its availability cant really be promissed or estimated and the release gets pushed back again and again or sudden silence kicks in for years, is not a good one. It would spare lots of stress for the DevTeams and keeps us away from postings thousands of senseless posts, if we'd get the announcement along with a solid and aproved releasedate. The modules we have so far keep us busy anyways and how do we say in germany...(I think its a good phrase): What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.

I think I would feel better if I wouldn't have known that my Childhood dream Jet will be available in DCS until it arrives for sure to a certain date. 

The F-4E was show by ED with other features on the "2022 and beyond" video by ED on 24 December 2021... and thinking some "little" problem as the "Ukrainan War" never will to happens. Some need remenber ED close your develop studios on moscow and get away to other point of world.... Dubai I think, and HB, with show your F-4E video on 25 January 2022... has get problems with the your develop teams on Ukraine, and the tailored three year pass of the Covid sick...

Many modules and features has been delayed by very clear points by ED and 3rd parties... recomend wait a little, all coming as other modules and features as F/A-18C, F-16C, Mi-24P, AH-64D, etc.... hay only a matter of time.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The F-4E was show by ED with other features on the "2022 and beyond" video by ED on 24 December 2021... 

I’d have to go back and watch the video, but my recollection is the 2022 and Beyond video only showed a gun pipper at the very end. People the speculated it was from an F-4.

I think the video in the OP of this thread was the first one featuring the Heatblur F-4.

16 minutes ago, Cab said:

I’d have to go back and watch the video, but my recollection is the 2022 and Beyond video only showed a gun pipper at the very end. People the speculated it was from an F-4.

I think the video in the OP of this thread was the first one featuring the Heatblur F-4.

This is correct.

This thread is popping off as we close in on the end of 2022! Just wanted to say I have learned so much more about the ghost fighter from this sub over the past year. 

maybe the real phantom is the friends we made along the way

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Actually, I am a bit upset about the public relations aspect of the project. I know the war over Ukraine affected them a lot and nobody will blame them for the delay. But the community is really looking forward to new updates.

All they had to do was just release a simple screenshot and share the status of the project with us. 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Osiris3LACK said:

Actually, I am a bit upset about the public relations aspect of the project. I know the war over Ukraine affected them a lot and nobody will blame them for the delay. But the community is really looking forward to new updates.

All they had to do was just release a simple screenshot and share the status of the project with us. 😊

I imagine there will be something official regarding it. Potentially with this 2023AB video or a statement elsewhere... Like their Facebook. We'll see something at some point though. 

• Like 1

Over a month ago, Cobra said that the F-4 was "nearing completion".  HB have a game plan and have become pretty decent at managing expectations.  It's not 2017.  They've learned how to let us down gently when development schedules slip.  We're now in the last week of 2022, so with no communication I'm going to assume that release is coming quite soon.  It might not be this week, but it'll be soon.

The gun pipe show on ED video was a F-4E, the same gun pipe show on HB F-4E... Using the same “tactic" of the old Virgen video.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Osiris3LACK said:

We pretty much did get a delay notice from HB. As a big release its got to be worked in with everything else so I really wouldn't expect it until we are well into the new year, and maybe Q2 if the F15E is going to come first.

I also like that we haven't seen it, it's a totally new way to develop a module! We all know what a phantom looks like, and we all know that HB are going to do it well so I hope they keep the mystery going. It's a real phantom! 

Edited by Hoirtel

As late as October they were pretty confident they would have it out this year (per Iron Mike). I don’t expect they’ll have it out this year, but, like another commenter said, I’m sure they have their noses to the grindstone right now and it may well be closer than we expect. 

All that said, I’m caging my expectations.