F-16C official Campaign?

Furiz

• 2 weeks later...

No time now officially, ED onto the Apache.   The best hope we have is from the Community making some quality content with a great objective set, storyline, complex triggers and voiceovers.   Until then Enjoy all of the screenshots of the AH-64 and clouds, while Ill be staring at my CRUS button in game patiently awaiting functionality.

• 11 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 7:44 PM, skywalker22 said:

is there any unofficial that would you guys recommend?

PS: got 2, Iron Eagle and Viper over Syria

Arab Spring for the Viper is ok, but I don't know if its updated for current build.

Any news on Official Campaign for the Viper?

It's sad that Viper lacks hardly good campaigns and most of the creators have skipped the cool-amazing little jet 😞 . Viper is in a decent state (ex. bugs) too to support campaigns.

I know that Baltic Dragon is planning the "Gamblers" campaign but I haven't heard any latest ETA. I wish more will come soon but official dyn. campaign would be the cherry on the top.

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what exactly you mean by "official", but at least two and a half 3rd-party pay ware DLC campaigns are confirmed to be worked on:

- @ChillNG (Ground Pounder Sims) is working on a Wild Weasel campaign for the Syria map, aiming for a release date in the second half of 2023 (Q3/Q4)

- @baltic_dragon  is working on an F-16 campaign (also set on the Syria map) with John "Rain" Waters (The Afterburn Podcast).

- @Reflected and @baltic_dragon are providing a campaign for the announced Kola map in collaboration, where Reflected is making the F-16 part of the campaign, and Baltic the F-18 part.

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I don't know what exactly you mean by "official"

Probably it means "free"  🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I don't know what exactly you mean by "official", but at least two and a half 3rd-party pay ware DLC campaigns are confirmed to be worked on:

- @ChillNG (Ground Pounder Sims) is working on a Wild Weasel campaign for the Syria map, aiming for a release date in the second half of 2023 (Q3/Q4)

- @baltic_dragon  is working on an F-16 campaign (also set on the Syria map) with John "Rain" Waters (The Afterburn Podcast).

- @Reflected and @baltic_dragon are providing a campaign for the announced Kola map in collaboration, where Reflected is making the F-16 part of the campaign, and Baltic the F-18 part.

Sooo, all paid and all on 3rd party maps so far. Not that I play campaigns much, but it is kind of a shame that the F-16 isn't getting a campaign for Caucasus (or Marianas) that's just included with the module like all other modules bar those released in the last few years have so far. The F-18 has had a campaign forever now as well, why not the F-16 considering it's much more feature complete than the F-18 was at the time it got it?

1 hour ago, LieutenantFalcon said:

...  it is kind of a shame that the F-16 isn't getting a campaign for Caucasus (or Marianas) that's just included with the module like all other modules bar those released in the last few years have so far.

Maybe you don't realize the effort and cost that a well-made Campaign has, have you noticed that new DLC Campaigns costs 12 dollars or more? ... to include one for free would increase the cost of the Module by at least US$ 10 and people are already complaining about the high prices of DCS modern aircraft Modules, if you were in charge of ED, would you really throw in a Campaign for free?  In my opinion none of the future DCS aircrafts will have a free Campaign.

1 hour ago, LieutenantFalcon said:

The F-18 has had a campaign forever now as well, why not the F-16 considering it's much more feature complete than the F-18 was at the time it got it?

The F-18 was released 5 years ago, and its free Campaign is actually a mini-Campaign, having just 5 relatively simple missions and no voice-overs. Honestly, it is better to pay for a more immersive and complete Campaign.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've made a free Viper campaign (mainly aimed for beginners) with voice overs which you can try out while we're waiting for the Gamblers Campaign from Baltic Dragon.

Keeping the bear at bay:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328036/

• Thanks 2

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H