BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

11 minutes ago, FupDuck said:

Thank Christ, those videos were not easy to follow for an old bastard like me, and I did not want to take the chance of fucking something up! 

I prefer the phraseology “age enabled” … 😂🤣 glad it works for you

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 9/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Yes that is correct.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for this! Working just fine on Quest 2 with the modified Global profile. I only use VR in DCS and ED. Going to check to see if it makes a difference in ED right now..

Nice bump in depth for me. Most noticeable flying the Mirage, but only tried the F-16 and F-18 as well so far. Looking to the right past the refuel probe into the distance, really makes the new settings show.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spetz said:

Thanks for this! Working just fine on Quest 2 with the modified Global profile. I only use VR in DCS and ED. Going to check to see if it makes a difference in ED right now..

Nice bump in depth for me. Most noticeable flying the Mirage, but only tried the F-16 and F-18 as well so far. Looking to the right past the refuel probe into the distance, really makes the new settings show.

What settings are you referring into?

I have quest 2 too and I'm looking for solutions.

42 minutes ago, Blinde said:

What settings are you referring into?

I have quest 2 too and I'm looking for solutions.

I DL'd the profile inspector from the 1st post and changed the default profile after hitting the magnifying glass to open all options. I changed the below to what he showed in the video. Super easy.

These are the 5 changes (stolen from another post)

1. RHWLessAtScreen choose xxxxxxxxxVRdirectx

2. StereoConvergence choose xxxxxxxxVRdirectx

3. StereoCutoff, highlight (select) entire line so it is blue, then hit HOME button to move far left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000

4. StereoProfile choose Yes

5. StereoTextureEnable, highlight (select) entire line so it is blue, then hit HOME button to move far left and edit the number so it shows 0x0000000 

Ensure you hit Apply Changes on top right after making the changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spetz said:

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...

I have the latest drivers (526.47 currently) and on a fresh Win10 Pro install with the latest updates, these values seem standard now...?
Can't be any old profile i was using because everything is installed from scratch due to entirely new PC.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

I have the latest drivers (526.47 currently) and on a fresh Win10 Pro install with the latest updates, these values seem standard now...?
Can't be any old profile i was using because everything is installed from scratch due to entirely new PC.

I had to still go in and change mine after updating to 526.47. Running Win 11 Home here.

Don B

There’s a new hotfix version 526.61 from NVIDIA that’s supposed to fix stuttering in some games.  I didn’t notice any changes with DCS.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

6 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

I looked at the wrong profile, VRDirectX instead of DCS.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

33 minutes ago, Supmua said:

There’s a new hotfix version 526.61 from NVIDIA that’s supposed to fix stuttering in some games.  I didn’t notice any changes with DCS.

Just took the Hornet out for a spin - Persian Gulf Super Carrier cold start mission. First flight I have had in 7 weeks since my spine surgery,  luckily I remembered all my cold start procedures. This in the Aero.

Not sure I would call what I experienced stutter, more like quick pauses whilst flying. The first half of the mission I had those but then it smoothed out and was ok. FPS ran from about 42-53 during the flight. But the pauses when they occured were pretty bad.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

28 minutes ago, dburne said:

Just took the Hornet out for a spin - Persian Gulf Super Carrier cold start mission. First flight I have had in 7 weeks since my spine surgery,  luckily I remembered all my cold start procedures. This in the Aero.

Not sure I would call what I experienced stutter, more like quick pauses whilst flying. The first half of the mission I had those but then it smoothed out and was ok. FPS ran from about 42-53 during the flight. But the pauses when they occured were pretty bad.

Did you lock the frame to 45 via VB analytic window? If you did that already, this means the stuttering occurred during fps <45, and some settings need to be reduced to accommodate (resolution, shadows, visibility, textures, anisotropic filtering, etc.  just do one at a time).  This is why most people said the 2.8beta affected the performance with their setups.  There’s still bugged flat shadows though and who knows what else, so expect things to get better with more patches.

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

30 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Did you lock the frame to 45 via VB analytic window? If you did that already, this means the stuttering occurred during fps <45, and some settings need to be reduced to accommodate (resolution, shadows, visibility, textures, anisotropic filtering, etc.  just do one at a time).  This is why most people said the 2.8beta affected the performance with their setups.  There’s still bugged flat shadows though and who knows what else, so expect things to get better with more patches.

Just did the same mission again - this time it was very smooth. Must have been the game unpacking some stuff on the fly early on during my first flight. I had not run DCS in 7 weeks other than just the updater utility to keep it updated. Second flight was great. No framerate lock on my end.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Just did the same mission again - this time it was very smooth. Must have been the game unpacking some stuff on the fly early on during my first flight. I had not run DCS in 7 weeks other than just the updater utility to keep it updated. Second flight was great. No framerate lock on my end.
I had those choppy play just firing up dcs immediately after I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest.
Restarted my pc and dcs ran smoothly.
Perhaps something to do with the Nvidia drivers IMHO.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Just found this topic and tried it. First attempt with global preset changes made no difference, however when I tried an "easy way" the effect was applied properly.

And it is impressive indeed . The image is sharper, the game somehow runs smoother. I had 22,5fps using motion reprojection with openxr before. Now I have same fps, but the overall impression is like the game runs around stable 30`s. I recommend anyone to at least give it a try. It did the job for me.

Edited by expert2000
  • Like 1

PC: Intel Core i7-9700K 4.9 GHz | Palit RTX 2080 GameRock 8GB GDDR6 256BIT | MSI Z390-A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz CL15@3200MHZ XMP | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit 1909

Gear: HP Reverb Pro V2 (Rift S Before)| Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

In the first post in this thread you have 2 videos. 2nd one shows an "easy way".

• Thanks 2

PC: Intel Core i7-9700K 4.9 GHz | Palit RTX 2080 GameRock 8GB GDDR6 256BIT | MSI Z390-A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz CL15@3200MHZ XMP | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit 1909

Gear: HP Reverb Pro V2 (Rift S Before)| Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Is StereoProfile gone?

I only have StereoHiddenProfile and it's not an on or off option. 

It's the only one I can't find. I had found it previously somehow. 

Nope it is still there - in Nvidia Inspector.

Don B

4 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

That is so odd I've went through the entire stereo section.. It's not there. Just StereoHiddenProfile 

null

image.png

Don B

5 hours ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

I have a newer version than you. The option is not there. 

SS.jpg

Yeah it would seem for whatever reason that particular option  has been removed.

Don B

So if you look in an earlier version of the app it’s still there,  most likely it’s an oversight by the dev. I will bug it on GitHub when I get a chance.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg