Cosigin

• ED Team

please attach a short as possible track replay example 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Master Arm switch?

Not holding down weapon release switch?

Forgot to put the cartridges in the MAU-12 rack?

Kinda hard to tell without a track 

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

4 hours ago, Cosigin said:

Viper- gbu 12 laser guided 500lbs not releasing at all. Not on cue not after circle bothe on preset way point as well as on tgp created point.

Not after circle either

Very likely same thing as here:

On 11/16/2022 at 5:23 PM, QuiGon said:

You aborted too early. The first cue is the pull-up cue, not the release cue. Just keep flying straight and level and keep the pickle button pressed. A second cue will appear on the HUD and the bomb will drop eventually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't have a track either (naturally), but I will say that the GBU12 has been behaving strangely the last few days. As the release cue is coming down the bomb fall line, it kind like, twitches and stutters on its way down which I don't remember it doing before. A couple nights ago it was only releasing about 2/3 times. But then last night, no issues. 

I figured that because I had adjusted my control curves that it was due to little micro adjustments I was putting on the stick, that maybe I wasn't doing before. I'll see if I can get a track today if I see the behavior repeat itself. 

On 12/5/2022 at 2:22 AM, Cosigin said:

Viper- gbu 12 laser guided 500lbs not releasing at all. Not on cue not after circle bothe on preset way point as well as on tgp created point.

Not after circle either

@BIGNEWY

Apologies for the longer track file, but the GBU-12 on the Viper seems to be functioning properly, at least for me. 

Master arm on. Laser On. TGP A-G mode, Auto. GBU-12 in Mode 2 for CCRP. No change to any other weapon settings. 

Drop #1: Autopilot set for both steerpoint hold and altitude hold, auto-lase set for 20s. 

Drop #2: Autopilot set for altitude hold only, requiring minor adjustments for course. Auto-lase still at 20s. 

Drop #3: No autopilot set, requiring steering inputs for both path and altitude. Reset auto-lase for the default 8s. 

All drops were successful. I think I must have just been doing something wrong when they weren't releasing before. 

gbu12 test.trk

• ED Team
6 hours ago, =617= Evil said:

All drops were successful. I think I must have just been doing something wrong when they weren't releasing before

no problem thanks for letting us know

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is a bug with the GBU-12s and 10s.  I have been having the issue all week and I am experienced with the F-16 (been flying it constantly since 2020 and fly with 3 different viper squadrons) and tonight I spent 3+ hours with some additional experienced buddies trying to figure this out.  I can get the 12s to drop sometimes when I switch modes (A-A then back to A-G).  But I consistently have release issues.  The release cue (the second one after the loft cue), will hit about 2 sec then pause then go back up with no release.  My flight path is perfectly level with the ASL exactly in the center of the flight path marker.  

I have this problem with both the 10s and 12s but not in CCIP mode. I will find a way to shrink the trk file so I can upload it.

Master Arm is on, Laser is on, Laser code set, stable flight path, and even did a DCS repair and remapped my pickle button.

My buddies are not having the same issues, but one did have it happen once while we were troubleshooting mine.  

Edited by Riddleboy99
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Hi @Riddleboy99

Yes, in this case, we need to see what you're doing, so a track is necessary.

Just be sure to pay attention to what has already been said here. To press and hold until the release, not pressing when the cue hits the mark or releasing the button too soon, etc.

In our internal tests, the Paveway logic seems to be working fine.

• Like 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

• 2 months later...

Just faced it myself yesterday. With Release Angle of >0° it works better, with RA 0° it's a below 50% chance. Several straight and level attack runs on a site, enought time for INS and TGP to stabilize on target. Perfect view, no obstacles or clouds, no hard banking and even managed to maintain a constant TGP fix on the target most of the time.

GBU-12 and CCRP, what else. While in the attack run (straigt and level), the Dynamic Launch Zone bracket appeared, disappeared. Turning around (with sight on the target), the DLZ was suddenly there, then vanished without any reason and did not come back in time. If the DLZ was shown in the HUD, the bomb released almost 100%. Without DLZ it does not, of course. I was in the right parameters for the attack on the static ground target. I did 10 attack runs with perfect parameters and was able to release 2 GBU-12 which hit the target.

Interesting fact and in contrary to the above said: Once there is a DLZ bracket you can release your GBU as long as the marker is in the bracket, no need for pressing and holding prior to the drop circle flashing but I have to investigate that a bit further so don't take my observation all too valid.

No track recorded cause it was on a restricted multiplayer server and... I already did so much testing on the bugged CBU-97(fixed), bugged Maverick boresighting, bugged CBU-105 and now the GBU-12 that I am kind of fed up.

Just fire up a GBU-12 mission in Mission Editor and check.

Edited by void68

• ED Team

If you are seeing an issue we need to see a short track replay example. 

It is the only way to check what is going on for you. 

thank you

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you are seeing an issue we need to see a short track replay example. 

It is the only way to check what is going on for you. 

thank you

there are enough reports already made about this issue and more than 1 topic as well

If the FPM is not perfectly centered on the bomb fall line, the bombs won't release, which is wrong.

It used to work fine couple of patches ago and got broken/implemented wrong

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 2

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Falconeer said:

If the FPM is not perfectly centered on the bomb fall line, the bombs won't release, which is wrong.

It used to work fine couple of patches ago and got broken/implemented wrong

As usual, if you have public information that corroborates your claim, please PM BigNewy or Nineline.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

As usual, if you have public information that corroborates your claim, please PM BigNewy or Nineline.

And this is exactly why it's not fixed. Because this kind of info won't be avaiable to the public. May i suggest contacting your SME (atleast a F16 pilot) 

• Like 3

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team
41 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

Because this kind of info won't be avaiable to the public. May i suggest contacting your SME (atleast a F16 pilot) 

Then that begs the question: How are you determining that this incorrect? An assumption, rumor, or has it been stated by an F-16 SME elsewhere? I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to ascertain where this statement that it is incorrect is coming from.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

25 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Then that begs the question: How are you determining that this incorrect? An assumption, rumor, or has it been stated by an F-16 SME elsewhere? I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to ascertain where this statement that it is incorrect is coming from.

I talk to F-16 pilots almost daily in my work and had a chat with one of them explaining this issue. He also says they don't need to be that precise on the bomb fall line. Hence the point of dropping LGB's is to drop close to the target so the seekerhead picks up the signal.

And because i work with F-16's myself i have acces to all the T.O.'s

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 2

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

This is unfortunately a detail of the sort that's seldom mentioned in regular docs. I heard that for GBUs it should work similar to the "3/9 line" mode we have on the A-10, basically as long as you're anywhere near the BFL, it'll drop. I remember hearing that somewhere (possibly from you or another SME), but can't find the source.

• Like 3

Just now, Dragon1-1 said:

This is unfortunately a detail of the sort that's seldom mentioned in regular docs. I heard that for GBUs it should work similar to the "3/9 line" mode we have on the A-10, basically as long as you're anywhere near the BFL, it'll drop. I remember hearing that somewhere (possibly from you or another SME), but can't find the source.

correct

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

This is the only CCRP drop video I could find for now, the pilot was spot on but the symbology is interesting it doesn't have 2 solution cue lines dropping down the CCRP line and I can't see the horizontal line that goes up when TOSS Bombing is performed to give you that selected angle you need to point your flight path marker at (probably can't see it due to video quality). It only has one solution cue line appearing when the Reticle appears. We currently have 2 solution cues when using CCRP.

Altho this video is, I believe, from desert storm.

• Like 2

• ED Team
7 hours ago, Falconeer said:

I talk to F-16 pilots almost daily in my work and had a chat with one of them explaining this issue. He also says they don't need to be that precise on the bomb fall line. Hence the point of dropping LGB's is to drop close to the target so the seekerhead picks up the signal.

And because i work with F-16's myself i have acces to all the T.O.'s

Sadly we get a lot of people that say they talk to F-16 pilots, or their uncle/father/cousin is an F-16 pilot, or whatever aircraft we might be discussing. We only accept real evidence based on publicly available documentation or validated SMEs, I'm sorry. Thanks. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On 3/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, NineLine said:

Sadly we get a lot of people that say they talk to F-16 pilots, or their uncle/father/cousin is an F-16 pilot, or whatever aircraft we might be discussing. We only accept real evidence based on publicly available documentation or validated SMEs, I'm sorry. Thanks. 

The solution is obvious, ask your SMEs for clarification on the issue.

3 hours ago, enyak said:

The solution is obvious, ask your SMEs for clarification on the issue.

I told that before, but got no response

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team

Sorry but unless we can see documented public evidence we are unlikely to make a change. 

Please PM if you have any. 

thank you