Most popular DCS Youtuber?

Rudel_chw

37 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

I watch who I like. I don't give a squat about a list.

good for you … pity that no one catched that my real point was the realization that the DCS user community is much larger than I previously  thought 

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

good for you … pity that no one catched that my real point was the realization that the DCS user community is much larger than I previously  thought 

It fooled me too. I had no idea they had that many followers.

• Like 1

Buzz

On 1/9/2023 at 8:34 AM, Hiob said:

Certainly not "popular" by the numbers, but this guy deserves all the praise and recognition (and a subscription) from the DCS community for this video alone:

The production on that video is sensational.

• Like 4

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

I have nothing against Growling Sidewinder as a person, but I really don't understand why it's so interesting watching dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight...

I like Grim Reapers when they do these "scientific" videos, and carrier landing challenges and such, but lately there just too much modern mods such as the F-22, F-35, AIM-260, etc made of guesswork which I don't find particularly interesting.

My favorite channel is Redkite (when he does DCS) and Bogey Dope 🙂

• Like 5

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

10 hours ago, d0ppler said:

I have nothing against Growling Sidewinder as a person, but I really don't understand why it's so interesting watching dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight after dogfight...

I like Grim Reapers when they do these "scientific" videos, and carrier landing challenges and such, but lately there just too much modern mods such as the F-22, F-35, AIM-260, etc made of guesswork which I don't find particularly interesting.

My favorite channel is Redkite (when he does DCS) and Bogey Dope 🙂

ad. Growling Sidewinder. The answer is simple. It's not the dogfights. It's the post-dogfight debriefings using tacview and his tips.

A random remark. I can't *not* think that Tricker would have done better if he done away with his "vocal fry" (the way he often speaks).

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, Aquorys said:

Certainly not "DCS YouTubers", but I am somewhat surprised that some of the more well-known (ex-) fighter pilots, who have at least occasionally posted DCS-related videos, were not mentioned, e.g. youtube.com/@CWLemoine with 388k subscribers, youtube.com/@HasardLee with 255k subscribers or youtube.com/@thereadyroom7201 with 25k subscribers. Apart from occasional DCS content, they have a lot of interesting content about flying in general and also some of the real world aircraft that DCS features in-game, including interviews with (ex-) pilots of other aircraft, or even former instructors of the SFTI (aka "Top Gun") and WIC programs.

Fast Jet Performance (FJP) - Tim Davies - ex RAF instructor pilot 33K

https://youtu.be/TZYcKz67yTE

• Like 2

Reaper could have done better if he corrected two things.

1...Talk slower. He made so many tutorials that he seemed to rush them.

2...Do more research. If you're doing a tutorial you should know about the subject. Don't just say you don't know what something does. How does that help someone learn?

• Like 2

Buzz

2 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Reaper could have done better if he corrected two things.

1...Talk slower. He made so many tutorials that he seemed to rush them.

2...Do more research. If you're doing a tutorial you should know about the subject. Don't just say you don't know what something does. How does that help someone learn?

Well at a minimum it opens the door for that person to go find out on his own.

I once heard a teacher say, "My job here isn't to open your head and pour in the knowledge of a subject."

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

@Rudel_chw - thanks for effort. something i have seen in comments in YT, is that there are a pretty big pool of viewers that do not have DCS. obviously the most are DCS users. i like a guy called Mambo Mambo the Great! 9.91K subscribers.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 1/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, BuzzU said:

I watch who I like. I don't give a squat about a list.

Nobody tried to restrict you from watching anything you like, but the list will probably bring some people to youtubers they may have missed previously.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

15 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Nobody tried to restrict you from watching anything you like, but the list will probably bring some people to youtubers they may have missed previously.

Yes, I know. Just expressing my right to be grumpy at my age. 🙂

Edited by BuzzU
  • Like 2

Buzz

While some of these have great number of subscribers and view, I found out that many of them actually have a very high quality but also repetitive content. A mass production so to speak.

Personally I prefer original and quality content and will avoid mass producing content makes, if they do not provide something that is truly original.

(go Enigma!)

Edited by okopanja

On 1/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Aquorys said:

Certainly not "DCS YouTubers", but I am somewhat surprised that some of the more well-known (ex-) fighter pilots, who have at least occasionally posted DCS-related videos, were not mentioned, e.g. youtube.com/@CWLemoine with 388k subscribers, youtube.com/@HasardLee with 255k subscribers or youtube.com/@thereadyroom7201 with 25k subscribers.

That's precisely why I didn't include them ... theirs are Aviation themed YT channels, not DCS, so I can't correlate their subscriptor numbers to the size of the DCS users community .. no matter how interesting their content may be.

I have updated the chart on the first post, but keep in mind that it was not my intention to make it exhaustive, just wanted to think about how large the DCS users community has become .. I'm glad for that, as it means that this hobby should be able to last and endure the current recession.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

One channel I feel is maybe underrated is The Ops Center By Mike Solyom.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, kontiuka said:

plug for lankypilot77

I like his videos when he drives around on a map. He seems like a very cool guy.

But some of his videos are looooong. I wonder how many people actually watch the whole thing.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

I like his videos when he drives around on a map. He seems like a very cool guy.

But some of his videos are looooong. I wonder how many people actually watch the whole thing.

I'll watch for 5 or 10 minutes at a time.  Often takes me a few days to get through a video.  By which time, next video is up. 🙂  

• Like 2

As a Newbie to DCS, I get a lot out of many of the videos. Growling Sidewinder has great post flight analysis but he is also an effective fighter, so it is nice to ride along, watch his engine management and strategies. Grim Reapers videos are great IMHO and another great learning tool. I ran across phil style today and found his videos very good, especially the how to on Storm of War.

It seems to me it takes a lot of effort to make these videos and little effort to bash them. Some of these are almost Cinematic Masterpieces. It is the combination of all of these that sucked me into this.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:38 AM, bigfoot21075 said:

It seems to me it takes a lot of effort to make these videos and little effort to bash them.

sadly this is so true … sometimes

Sometimes there are things that I dislike on a video, but I chose to simply say nothing, no point in bashing

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

I loved the reapers for a while, they've lost me now though with all the Could... and How... stuff, totally unrealistic.  It seems to create more hits though, unfortunately to be expected when monetarization is involved.... can't blame him. 

• Like 2

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

5 hours ago, Yeti42 said:

I loved the reapers for a while, they've lost me now though with all the Could... and How... stuff, totally unrealistic.  It seems to create more hits though, unfortunately to be expected when monetarization is involved.... can't blame him. 

Yep, I agree 100%. People wants to see F-22 and F-35 beating up Su-57 and J-22 and what have you. All classified planes made for DCS with guesswork. Not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

10 hours ago, Yeti42 said:

I think there was a behind the scenes lovers spat between the GR and the "powers-that-be" and that soured everything. So no more in depth tutorials, which is really a shame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beirut said:

I think there was a behind the scenes lovers spat between the GR and the "powers-that-be" and that soured everything. So no more in depth tutorials, which is really a shame.

I think so to, cap done his best but never taken seriously and still say he is responsible for bringing more people into DCS than anyone else.

Miss his tutorials light hearted with out all the BS. 

Edited by freehand
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, freehand said:

I think so to, cap done his best but never taken seriously and still say he is responsible for bringing more people into DCS than anyone else.

Miss his tutorials light hearted with out all the BS. 

The GR tutorials got me though more systems on more planes than all other tutorials combined. And good community feedback, they made a couple of videos that I requested. Bummer that they probably won't do an F-15E series. They did over 100 tutorials for the Hornet but we might only see one or two really condensed ones for the Strike Eagle. 

• Like 2

• ED Team
On 1/27/2023 at 12:11 AM, Beirut said:

Not at all true. He was and always will be welcome to create whatever videos he wishes. Not doing tutorials is 100% his decision.

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2