New VSN F-4B/C

20 hours ago, Charlie122sq said:

The first one is historical 100% and the others 2 are the skins in the RF-4C IRL.

The F-4C was in the Torrrejón de Ardoz AB in the "Ala 12" (Wing 12) in 2 fighters squadrons, 121 and 122 until their replacement by F/A-18. A third squadron, the 123, was specialized in Recon with the RF-4C (With a refueling probe attached) until their retirement in 2002. 

When I finish fixing and adding some details and "dirty" them a bit, I'll upload them.

avc_00229184.jpg

Aircraft Photo of CR12-58 | McDonnell RF-4C Phantom II | Spain - Air Force | AirHistory.net #121210

syhart-decal-48-018-rf4c-phantom-spanish

The tan Phantom is an AWESOME scheme

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ElvisDaKang said:

Anyone have any idea how that could be the case ?

you provide no log file, so, no idea 😇

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 2/15/2023 at 6:40 AM, UN9249 said:

this model definitely has some problems with the cabin proportions. I can't fly it because I have a feeling that my head is in my stomach, the gauges are the size of a coin. not suitable for VR🥴

Try change the value of the "Force IPD Distance" for a lower value in DCS VR Options (i use 55 for the Hornet and 54 with the Viper, default i think it´s 63,5). It changes the worldscale in DCS.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 hours ago, fagulha said:

Try change the value of the "Force IPD Distance" for a lower value in DCS VR Options (i use 55 for the Hornet and 54 with the Viper, default i think it´s 63,5). It changes the worldscale in DCS.

Too bad that number couldn't be set for each aircraft. That way you dont have to do it every time you swap.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Too bad that number couldn't be set for each aircraft. That way you dont have to do it every time you swap.

Indeed.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Short question ....   used Napalm Bombs to test them. After impact it looed like a "normal" Bomb hit the ground and detonates. Took a look at youtube, where they use other aircraft same aera, and there it looked like a napalm bomb release should look like, when it hits the ground.

Short question ....   used Napalm Bombs to test them. After impact it looed like a "normal" Bomb hit the ground and detonates. Took a look at youtube, where they use other aircraft same aera, and there it looked like a napalm bomb release should look like, when it hits the ground.

If you're talking about A-4E on YT, they were using a lua script to make the napalm look realistic. The stock version of DCS does not have specific napalm graphics.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Where? Very fascinated.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Thanks!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot, for the life of me, get the f-4 to shoot it's gunpod or release missiles/bombs. I have the weapon release and gun fire mapped on both hotas and keyboard and none works. I get sidewinder tone upon selecting the station, but just can't fire anyting. Like a master safe switch was off, but I can't find any (that is modeled).

Any advice?

PS: running 2.8.2.103

4 hours ago, pruteanucristian said:

I cannot, for the life of me, get the f-4 to shoot it's gunpod or release missiles/bombs. I have the weapon release and gun fire mapped on both hotas and keyboard and none works. I get sidewinder tone upon selecting the station, but just can't fire anyting. Like a master safe switch was off, but I can't find any (that is modeled).

Any advice?

PS: running 2.8.2.103

Got it. It was the nuclear/conventional weapons switch. Apparently the f4 defaults to nukes.