Patch notes discussion thread 25th January 2023

BIGNEWY

20 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

It's Friday, so a newsletter is expected later today. Unfortunately no new info on the patch status tough.

I hope at least we'll get some juicy news about the forecoming patch in the newsletter.

Well, I was wrong. We didn't get ANY news about the forthcoming patch (core systems wise). So sad.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Newsletter is live, a not even a word for a patch....after they lied , that ve got a patch on 1st march now they dont said a word for a patch. Great costumer support as always, thanks ED.

Edited by VDV
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VDV said:

Newsletter is live, a not even a word for a patch....after they lied , that ve got a patch on 1st march now they dont said a word for a patch. Great costumer support as always, thanks ED.

How did they lie.

Planned for march 1st. Isn’t the same you will get the patch on march 1st.

And the weekly newsletter rarely go into anything related to a patch. 

• Like 9

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 minute ago, davidrbarnette said:

Wouldn’t one expect that they’d at least mention something to the effect of “we’re still working on the delayed March 1st patch and hope to have news to share in the near future”? Seems tone-deaf to not even mention. Just an opinion.

Why repeat what is already mentioned in the patch status thread. 

They expected to have it done, something came up and they are working on it.

What more can they say? 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

What more can they say? 

Because it is generally considered poor-form to ignore “the elephant in the room” while trying to promote your new stuff, but you’re certainly entitled to your opinion that they don’t need to mention it. Again, just my thoughts.

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, VDV said:

For future reference so you do not think we lie each time a patch date is missed or pushed back, the development of DCS is very complex, not just the things we at ED are doing but all the pieces from 3rd Party devs. This means unforeseen things can happen to cause delays. What would be worse is to push out a patch that causes part of the game to cause crashes or be unplayable. Know that when a patch is delayed it's for a good reason, not a lie. Thanks. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

31 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

Because it is generally considered poor-form to ignore “the elephant in the room” while trying to promote your new stuff, but you’re certainly entitled to your opinion that they don’t need to mention it. Again, just my thoughts.

It's a patch for an open beta, It's not a new modual, It's just a patch, I know some people think this patch will bring the new dawn of DCS, but so far all we know is 3 new campaigns and a new radio for the A10. This is nothing to make a fuz about, come back in 2 weeks if ED still hasn't released it and still hasn't said anything. 

It's routine for patches to be pushed back in DCS, no it's not like the Germans have attacked Pearl Harbour. Why should they do anything special for this postponement, when they never do for others.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Could be worse.. we could only get 1 or 2 patches a year like most other games. Some not at all🤷‍♂️ Despite a setback here and there, especially knowing its for the beta version, I feel we’re pretty lucky to get updates as often as we do. Maybe its the greatest patch in a decade with big surprises we’ve all been hoping for..Maybe its an arc-210, some campaigns and a few bug fixes… Either way, any update to improve DCS as a whole is welcome in my book.

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 4

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I think some of you guys needs to relax, you dont even know what it will come on this patch, all you have read that will arrive with the patch its just pure speculation, big patches usually get delayed, same happened with 2.7 release

• Like 2

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

vor 19 Minuten schrieb evilnate:

Open beta is good enough for now. 

No, unfortunately that's not entirely true.

Many payware 3rd-party-campaigns are currently not playable in their entirety due to bugs (= some missions are partially, some even completely, broken). Some creators of said campaigns already have workarounds in the pipeline, but those won't be available to their customers until the next patch release.

IMO, it would be a nice gesture by ED to at least release those workarounds as "hotfixes" until the next major update is ready to go.

• Like 2

For future reference so you do not think we lie each time a patch date is missed or pushed back, the development of DCS is very complex, not just the things we at ED are doing but all the pieces from 3rd Party devs. This means unforeseen things can happen to cause delays. What would be worse is to push out a patch that causes part of the game to cause crashes or be unplayable. Know that when a patch is delayed it's for a good reason, not a lie. Thanks. 
You should make a timeout for these people. "VFA-28 "The Sandy Vaginas" 28 representing their cycle.
During which all their online skins show the Sandy Vagina livery, and their callsigns automatically change to "Karen".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On my website we only post patch updates when we have a fully tested build, Customer have no idea when the next patch is coming they know there is an update once we inform them that a new build is out. Similar to Microsoft's philosophy with Windows. You either get an update once it's done or go beta channels to test new stuff at your own risk.
Microsoft? Patch Tuesday (and Thursday), has been a thing for years!
I probably misunderstood you though!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Those who growl when the patch is delayed are the same people who growl when the patch is on time but is defective, in the end no matter what they always growl.
I too am waiting impatiently for this patch but it will arrive when it arrives and I would give it a warm welcome.🤫🖖

• Like 2

What more can they say? 
Hehe! People just wants their mind at ease. I guess it'll be forever like this until I eventually punch out.

Skål!

• Like 1

That'd be a lot of refuelings. Which way is shorter? East, West or over the top?

You should make a timeout for these people. "VFA-28 "The Sandy Vaginas" 28 representing their cycle.
During which all their online skins show the Sandy Vagina livery, and their callsigns automatically change to "Karen".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Come again?

32 minutes ago, oldcrusty said:

OK... since 'karens' and Germans / Pearl Harbor stuff have been covered... I have a different outlook:  perhaps ED's code spaghetti became self aware and is wreaking havoc 'after' the thorough internal testing :crazy: 

I'm sure that they are consulting ChatGPT for the new code! </hugeSarcasm>

Edited by Chump
lol @ ChatGPT
  • Like 1