Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

7 minutes ago, Beirut said:

It's too bad you don't enjoy the SA map, I'm a big fan. Looking forward to some long ass precision night strikes with the F-15E on the SA map. 

+1 ... but of course I'm biased, as I'm from Chile 🙂

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

That's pretty funny, because I took a nice flight a few hours ago and when I hit the border between Argentina and Chile, I stayed on the Argentina side and just flew south keeping to my side.

it's like I knew you were there.

Waiting... 🤨

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I get just a little pissed that so many Youtubers have this module before me after paying for it, but I could get over that if they would at least release the manual so I can read it at night or on my commutes, it cant be that hard can it, I don't even care if its unfinished, so many DCS module manuals are.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Its obligatory for You to like it 😂however I like it too even if this map has few problems still 😉.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I was close to Aconcagua once on the other side of Los Andes. There's NOTHING wrong about nature in that part of the world, it is meant to be enjoyed at ground level though. How is MSFS for it though I wonder?

On 5/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, Hotdognz said:

I get just a little pissed that so many Youtubers have this module before me after paying for it, but I could get over that if they would at least release the manual so I can read it at night or on my commutes, it cant be that hard can it, I don't even care if its unfinished, so many DCS module manuals are.

Same here, what in the world? I bought it months ago but can't download it. This is b.s. ED, we get it, it needs adjustment, isn't that what preview is? what's the reward for buying ahead then. Makes no sense.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 11:40 PM, Beirut said:

It's too bad you don't enjoy the SA map, I'm a big fan. Looking forward to some long ass precision night strikes with the F-15E on the SA map. 

The SA Map has potential. But right now, the technology is putting me off. Vast areas have very unpleasant, low res satellite textures. I prefer the hand build maps like syria and channel over anything procedual generated.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

25 minutes ago, Hiob said:

The SA Map has potential. But right now, the technology is putting me off. Vast areas have very unpleasant, low res satellite textures. I prefer the hand build maps like syria and channel over anything procedual generated.

That makes perfect sense. For me, it's the sense of depth and distance I enjoy. I think more than any other map I feel like "over there" is wayyyy over there. 

I think the map is a bit of a sandbox experiment, complete with the imperfections you mention, but I'm willing to give it a thumbs up because I like the idea of new and different maps. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

10 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I think the map is a bit of a sandbox experiment, complete with the imperfections you mention, but I'm willing to give it a thumbs up because I like the idea of new and different maps. 

Yes, agreed. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy the map exists, and it certainly has its perks. It is just less suited for helicopters e.g.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

8 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

EA 072023

The image posted and Combat Aircraft calendar seem to suggest July

20230524_064312.jpg

IMG_20230523_062147.jpg

Seems to be a ways off still according to this. And pre-order has been going on how long?

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

RAZBAM really needs to brush up on the art of the tease. Typically, you want a teaser to excite and motivate your target audience, not deject and piss them off. Did they really think revealing a July release date in this manner through the official Cold Start video would make anybody gleeful with anticipation?

They really weren't joking when they said this was the "year" of the Strike Eagle. However, it would have been more accurate if they said, "you'll be waiting another year for the Strike Eagle".

Edited by Jarhead0331
  • Like 6

It is sad that we will not be getting it till July. But nothing wrong with showing off the product that early. Preview is a preview. Eye candy is always appreciated

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

It is sad that we will not be getting it till July. But nothing wrong with showing off the product that early. Preview is a preview. Eye candy is always appreciated

Not at all. I'm happy to see the content. The problem is in the reveal of the date. RAZBAM is clearly aware of the intense anticipation for this module, the long road it has been, the clamoring for release date information and the expectation that upon release of the official cold start video, the wait would not be long. Revealing that the release is still some ways off to a date in July, possibly even toward the end of that month, was callous and not very thoughtful. I think some form of a press release, giving details of the state of the module, acknowledging the long wait and perhaps explaining the reason why release must still be more than two months away, would have been much more prudent, understandable and would have assuaged some of the frustration over such a surprising reveal.

Edited by Jarhead0331
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Raven68 said:

Seems to be a ways off still according to this. And pre-order has been going on how long?

The date of end of pre order will be given. Maybe we will know something more in this Friday.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Everything from statements made about imminent release to YouBoobers getting early copies has led to a belief that release was just around the corner.  To come out now and tell people July (maybe) is crude and a big slap in the face to their customers, whether it is ED's fault or Razbams.  It is in very poor taste and not good business.  

• Like 7

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

I'm hoping that there's a lot of barking about nothing here and that it's coming earlier than we are guessing, but we'll just have to wait and see what ED says when they announce the date.  

If we are looking at a July release, I would just like to add to the voices that says maybe we shouldn't make this practice standard.  I don't love it, but I can understand giving YouTubers an advance copy for marketing purposes a week out or so to generate hype and get people seeing the product in action.  But over a month I think is too much, both as some select few get to learn and play the module for far longer before the rest, and because that hype turns to annoyance having it that far out.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ich Dien said:

You got the discount. Other than that, there is and never was any "reward" to pre-ordering. 

I mean, there was the E-Book, too...

1 hour ago, CaptJodan said:

I'm hoping that there's a lot of barking about nothing here and that it's coming earlier than we are guessing, but we'll just have to wait and see what ED says when they announce the date.  

If we are looking at a July release, I would just like to add to the voices that says maybe we shouldn't make this practice standard.  I don't love it, but I can understand giving YouTubers an advance copy for marketing purposes a week out or so to generate hype and get people seeing the product in action.  But over a month I think is too much, both as some select few get to learn and play the module for far longer before the rest, and because that hype turns to annoyance having it that far out.  

I think the most egregious part is not that it was given to a YouTuber, it's that it was given to so many,  and with no limit on it. If it was say... Spudknocker alone, and he could pump out just one video a week, limited to a half hour each, I don't think anyone would have near the issue of it being 2 months away.

But you don't have that. You have Spud, GS, LongShot, Casmo, RedKite, the Reapers, and more all releasing videos at the pace of one every two days to two in one day... and we're just going to expect that this is what the next five plus weeks is going to look like, it seems like every decently reputable DCS YouTuber and their mother got it without having to wait, while we're told 'two more weeks months'.

(If I see a 'PickinTheBanjo' video for the Mudhen, I'm going to lose my mind)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LorenLuke said:

I think the most egregious part is not that it was given to a YouTuber, it's that it was given to so many,  and with no limit on it. If it was say... Spudknocker alone, and he could pump out just one video a week, limited to a half hour each, I don't think anyone would have near the issue of it being 2 months away.

But you don't have that. You have Spud, GS, LongShot, Casmo, RedKite, the Reapers, and more all releasing videos at the pace of one every two days to two in one day... and we're just going to expect that this is what the next five plus weeks is going to look like, it seems like every decently reputable DCS YouTuber and their mother got it without having to wait, while we're told 'two more weeks months'.

(If I see a 'PickinTheBanjo' video for the Mudhen, I'm going to lose my mind)

For me it's the length of time, rather than which YouTuber it was given to.  ED plays favorites, then you get to hear the Reapers (or whomever is left out) whine.  Which isn't to say I would mind if ED had a choice few they liked and released to, but I understand why they chose not to do it.  

The length of time before release, OTOH, is where I take more issue.  Expectations with previous releases have been set that when the official startup video comes out, it's probably within a week or two of release (I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but this is the general trend followed by ED).  You have a privileged few (but not too few) who now can play master this module 1-2 months in advance of the rest of the community (assuming the July estimate is accurate).  And I'm not privy to the financials on this.  Do they get the module free to test during that time?  If so, that doesn't probably vibe well with some people who paid.  

I'm not even mad at the content creators taking advantage of this.  I'd do the same thing.  Play the hell out of my advance copy and go "look what I get and you don't".  Hell, I'm watching some of their videos and enjoying them.  

All this is a lot of drama over a fairly small thing of waiting longer.  It is coming, we will get it, and it will probably be as polished (good or bad) as the YT creators have gotten it now.  But at the same time, this isn't a good look, and they've done things better in the past.  If this is what it looks like, my hope is ED will take some constructive criticism from this approach and avoid it in the future.  

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't blame Razbam, I blame ED.  They are the only ones to blame for this and it's actually quite easy to rectify.  First off, I don't care about launch dates.  I'd rather the module be in good state before release more than just getting it as soon as possible.  This month, next month, next year, whatever.  What I don't like is the process for pre-purchase.  I'm not against pre-purchase as a whole, I'm just against the way ED does it.  I basically never purchase modules until the release date is pretty much assured.  The pre-order price is the same the day before launch as 4 months before launch.  What I noticed with this module is that there has been a lot more "soon", imminent etc. passed about not to mention tweets alluding to impending release.  I broke my own rule and pre-purchased last month because I THOUGHT by the tweets that the launch was actually IMMINENT.  Silly me.

Here's an idea for Eagle Dynamics.

How about you don't launch pre-orders until the module is ACTUALLY ready for launch, meaning beta tested and given the green light to release.  A Friday news letter would come out saying:

"We are pleased to announce that the much anticipated (insert module} has been in the beta testing phase with us for the last 10 weeks and we are pleased to announce that (insert 3rd party) has been given the permission to launch.  As of today we will be offering a pre-purchase discount which will last until (insert date) at which time it will change to an E/A discount.  We hope you enjoy the YouTube videos about to be coming your way as we await launch day (insert official date).

End of problems.  The only thing that should cause a minor delay of a couple of days would be on ED's side if there was a beta patch issue not a module issue.  It ends all complaints about changing dates/ no dates/ taking money months in advance etc.

Just a thought.  I think it's more fair for the customers and especially the ones who are willing to slap down their credit card early.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Ich Dien said:

You got the discount. Other than that, there is and never was any "reward" to pre-ordering. 

I literally wouldn't be asking for this if I didn't remember clearly that there was more incentive than a 20 bucks discount that is going to happen multiple times a year anyways.

This mentality is what allows corporations to get away with this, sort of a Stockholm syndrome. There's always someone who is "with the flow" and can't tolerate divergent thinking. Why not use any logic? I would get the "discount" regardless and a more polished module to top that off if I simply cared to wait until December or any major Holiday. The issue is the discrepancy between what I remembered was promised and what now everyone is claiming actually is.
And just to be clear by reward I meant actual incentive, which I do remember clearly the point of buying it way ahead of time was to pre-view the module. The condescending elitist tone as if people were stupid is not appreciated but just like in Totalitarianism, there's always many helping enforce it because they want to be right. It's all in how you write things and how they lend themselves to interpretation, even non-intentionally. Pretty of other posts here saying the same thing in a non-condescending manner so thanks but no thanks.

Edited by einarabelc5
  • Like 2