Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

57 minutes ago, Amadou Fall said:

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy The Bear is rising 🐻.
One question tho, will you ever get into submarines mod ? would love to see the mighty typhoon 🫢

There is yet a good model of Typhoon you can find on this forum

TYPHOON.jpg

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Amadou Fall said:

i checked it before, they are not woth downloading, The submarins in that pack can only shot dummy torpedo

It's taken years for ED to have semi decent working torpedoes, and besides, even the current ones are dumb, line of site, and not guided, Anti Submarine warfare is still a good ways off, so all Submarines/Sub Surface vessels are eye candy only

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

And even thou the torps we have are "dumb", (lt-58)

They will still sink ships if they contact them.

So not quite just "eye candy"

I have tested them recently.

What we need is the MK-46 torps activated.

They are in sim.

But not available to use anywhere I have found.

The MK-46 are tracking torpedoes.

SA assets folder.

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 12/12/2023 at 4:39 PM, Kappa-131st said:

There is yet a good model of Typhoon you can find on this forum

TYPHOON.jpg

Yes, the Submarine warfare is really poor reliable even with current mods. We know the underwater reaction Maneuver for a defensive move is not possible in the current implementation, but modders can make helicopters weapons release and sonar deploy, then with the editor we can make all functional with triggers. Also, the antisubmarine warfare artillery weapons in war ships should be set as fire at point to direct the fire to a posible threat area. but having a Sonar and having the weapons should not be impossible for a Ka-27 make an antisubmarine warfare by itself. Moreover, the Ka-31 airborne radar version of Ka-29, have been used in Crimea area in real war action. Ka-31 should be in DCS somehow to simulate a radar surveillance, then Ka-29 for Assault, and the Ka-27 for antisubmarine warfare. I hope @currenthill find some extra time for these 3 helicopters to be implemented in the future in his package.

A_Russian_Helix_KA-27_(cropped).jpg

Kamov_Ka-29_in_fight.jpg

Russian_Navy_Kamov_Ka-31.jpg

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

And even thou the torps we have are "dumb", (lt-58)

They will still sink ships if they contact them.

So not quite just "eye candy"

I have tested them recently.

What we need is the MK-46 torps activated.

They are in sim.

But not available to use anywhere I have found.

The MK-46 are tracking torpedoes.

SA assets folder.

I use the torps all the time 😉 I meant the Submarines themselves are more eye candy, especially modern versions that are supposed to be guided 😄

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

16 hours ago, Oban said:

I use the torps all the time 😉 I meant the Submarines themselves are more eye candy, especially modern versions that are supposed to be guided 😄

Hi, although I haven't used it myself yet, there seem to be a very good MH-60R helicopter Mod that implements ASW using MK46 unguided and MK54 homing torpedoes. See : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cWuCRfE_Npqpx3HPwlp4XY5AeMcj6zzL The Mod was updated recently (November 30th), as well as its manual to work with DCS 2.9. This Mod has a surface search radar, a sophisticated dipping sonar and dropped  sonobuoys to search submarines underwater also. It features a armement console, etc. It can also be used for CSAR ops, with a diver dropped by winch and cable, that you can direct to the rescue target. Also an auto-hover feature, laser aiming, etc. The M54 homing torpedoes, once dropped, run along a spiral track to search for the submarine, which has been located by triangulation, using the sonobuoys dropped by the console operator on the armement console.  Has anybody used that Mod already ? Enjoy !

MH-60R.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey_Destroyah said:

What bomber is it, is the question here?

I know it's the KH-101

Do you mean which version? It's suppose to be the Tu-95MSM.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Joey_Destroyah said:

Thanks man! Do you have an estimate on when it'll land on a DCS install near me?

I never set release dates. As soon as I'm done with all the features, I test and then release. But this time I won't be releasing until the next DCS update. I need the cruise missile fixes to be implemented, otherwise I can't test the missiles correctly. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

I never set release dates. As soon as I'm done with all the features, I test and then release. But this time I won't be releasing until the next DCS update. I need the cruise missile fixes to be implemented, otherwise I can't test the missiles correctly. 

Shame, they already said they have a fix for it like over a week ago, still no patch yet 😕

• ED Team
Just now, xboxshark21 said:

Shame, they already said they have a fix for it like over a week ago, still no patch yet 😕

Welcome to the forum, when we are ready for a patch we will let you all know, for now internal testing continues. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2