Normandy 2.0 FAQ **Updated**

NineLine

Need some direction guys.

I own both Normandy 1944 and The Channel maps.  I was able to purchase Normandy 2.0 (after ignoring the warning I already had it) at the discount of $9.99, so far so good. I checked my profile and it shows it was paid and order completed.

I pop into DCS Module Manager and there is no sign of the Normandy map to download (neither the old or the new versions).  I did not have either of them (Channel or Normandy) installed at the time of purchase (saving some disk space).  Only the Channel map was available for download.

Is there a special link to download the EA version of the map?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update.  I did a full repair and that seemed to work.  Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Edited by Sarge55
UPDATE
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Try and run your Normandy map. You should be able to see London and Paris on your map. Then you can either try and fly there or use CRTL+F11 and go there to view them to verify you got the latest version. 

For me I got the DCS update today and then I got a huge patch downloaded - prior to buying the map. I bought the map and no download happened. So you should have gotten the map already via the latest patch. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Edited by inexus
  • Thanks 1

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

4 hours ago, Squidfall said:

I know. I bought the "Upgrade from Channel" Version , transfered license to standalone. "Normandy 2.0" shows up under account/licenses, but the module manager is only downloading and installing the low-resolution "Normandy 1944" version, not the 2.0 one.
Seems to be some sort of license problem. Sure they'll fix it in the next few days.

Mine is only downloading the Low res old version too. I own both the Channel and Normandy 1944 maps and bought the 9.99 upgrade for owning both of them to the new Normandy 2.0

Not sure if it matters but I own every single module released for DCS, on steam and have transferred all them to Standalone so I have them on both versions. In steam in my DLC listing it shows the 9.99USD map upgrade but the DCS standalone is still missing Normandy 2.0 and only shows the old versions.

When I check my licenses it show 118 license and one of them is Normandy 2.0 on the license page but it refuses to appear on the module manager and isnt acknowledging the license.

EDIT: After a clean reinstall of the standalone version the license appears correct on the license page but isn't transferring in game still. Normandy 2.0 upgrade now appeared for purchase on the stand alone's in game module page for 9.99 when it didn't before even though I already own it when I check steam and the DCS standalones license page.

EDIT: So on steam it list the DLC I own as: "Normandy 2.0 Upgrade" and "Normandy 2 Upgrade from Normandy 1944" in the DLC list. But it doesn't list owning the full priced "Normandy 2.0" and the 14.99 "Normandy 2.0 Upgrade from The Channel"  kind of wonder if some of the licensing issue isn't also from some files calling it 2 and some 2.0 and not sticking to the same name scheme.

Edited by Sorata

1 hour ago, Sarge55 said:

Need some direction guys.

I own both Normandy 1944 and The Channel maps.  I was able to purchase Normandy 2.0 (after ignoring the warning I already had it) at the discount of $9.99, so far so good. I checked my profile and it shows it was paid and order completed.

I pop into DCS Module Manager and there is no sign of the Normandy map to download (neither the old or the new versions).  I did not have either of them (Channel or Normandy) installed at the time of purchase (saving some disk space).  Only the Channel map was available for download.

Is there a special link to download the EA version of the map?

You have to be on the OpenBeta version of DCS for the map to show up.

1 minute ago, Sorata said:

Mine is only downloading the Low res old version too. I own both the Channel and Normandy 1944 maps and bought the 9.99 upgrade for owning both of them to the new Normandy 2.0

Not sure if it matters but I own every single module released for DCS, on steam and have transferred all them to Standalone so I have them on both versions. In steam in my DLC listing it shows the 9.99USD map upgrade but the standalone still is missing Normandy 2.0 and only has the old versions. When I check my licenses it show 118 license and one of them is Normandy 2.0 but it refuses to appear on the module manager in the stand alone and also does not list it as purchasable in module manger like it does the individual aircraft from FC3 since I have them in the pack.

• Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

18 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

I am and its current and update to latest beta version. Seems they messed up the licensing for the upgrades.

Edited by Sorata

It is a bit confusing. On Steam it said I couldn't buy it but it sold it to me anyway, and then it installed and shows up as just "Normandy". 

But it's a very nice looking map. Performance is mostly good, there are texture issues and popping, but I'm sure those will get worked out. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

5 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Thanks.  I was on Open Beta.  I needed a full repair for some reason.  Must be kind'a like the microsoft fix, "did you turn it off and on?"

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

2 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

Thanks.  I was on Open Beta.  I needed a full repair for some reason.  Must be kind'a like the microsoft fix, "did you turn it off and on?"

Glad yours finally worked. tried that with mine and did a full reinstall too and no dice its still not working.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeevishMonkey said:

But then I tried to buy Normandy 2.0 for 10$ I got a message: "You have already had the licence for this item". It's weird...

If you're on standalone version and not Steam one, just ignore the message and push the purchase through. The map should appear then as "DCS Normandy 2" in your e-shop profile and in your module manager. In the editor and missions it will show just as "Normandy".

• Thanks 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Possible Fix for Steam Version "low Resolution"

I managed to get the situation resolved for me. I purchased the Upgrade for people with Normy 1.0 and Channel, but the graphics in London and Paris (i.e. the new areas that weren't present in Normy 1) were low-res (i.e. the Upgrade did not kick in)

What I did to resolve:

1. In your Library Side bar on the Left, right-click on DCS and select Properties

image.png

2. In the resulting dialog, click on DLC, then Look for "Normandy 1944 Map" (NOT Normandy 2.0!!!) and UNCHECK the map. Steam will proceed to remove the map data.

image.png

3. Close dialog. Run DCS, and you will NOT be able to load Normandy at all. This is intentional, and I'm making sure that now, in the absence of Normy 1, the Normy 2 token is validated. This is pure speculation from me, and not confirmed by anyone, least of all Ugra, who have been lamentably absent in all of this.

4. Quit DCS. Now, in Steam open the same dialog as above again, and CHECK DCS Normandy 1944 Map ON AGAIN. Steam will now download the Normandy map anew. 20 gigs = time for an espresso.

On my rig, this did the trick, and I now have Normandy 2 in full resolution.

Yay!

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, cfrag said:

I managed to get the situation resolved for me. I purchased the Upgrade for people with Normy 1.0 and Channel, but the graphics in London and Paris (i.e. the new areas that weren't present in Normy 1) were low-res (i.e. the Upgrade did not kick in)

What I did to resolve:

1. In your Library Side bar on the Left, right-click on DCS and select Properties

image.png

2. In the resulting dialog, click on DLC, then Look for "Normandy 1944 Map" (NOT Normandy 2.0!!!) and UNCHECK the map. Steam will proceed to remove the map data.

image.png

3. Close dialog. Run DCS, and you will NOT be able to load Normandy at all. This is intentional, and I'm making sure that now, in the absence of Normy 1, the Normy 2 token is validated. This is pure speculation from me, and not confirmed by anyone, least of all Ugra, who have been lamentably absent in all of this.

4. Quit DCS. Now, in Steam open the same dialog as above again, and CHECK DCS Normandy 1944 Map ON AGAIN. Steam will now download the Normandy map anew. 20 gigs = time for an espresso.

Yay!

Tired that. Does download 19ish gig. But doesn't fix my problem. 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Just now, Gunfreak said:

Tired that. Does download 19ish gig. But doesn't fix my problem. 

That's really annoying - did you run DCS in-between un-checking and re-checking? I *believe* (without any proof) that that may have made the difference for me after a full restore did not do the trick.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cfrag said:

That's really annoying - did you run DCS in-between un-checking and re-checking? I *believe* (without any proof) that that may have made the difference for me after a full restore did not do the trick.

Correction, being desperate, I did it AGAIN today, just now and now it works! You might be on to something here, but appears you might have to do it more than once for some of us? Or if something just changed over night that made the fix work, but yes, it does appear to work now!

Good show old chap!

Edited by Gunfreak

50 minutes ago, cfrag said:

What I did to resolve:

image.png

image.png

Yay!

I tried it yesterday and it didn't work.

I've noticed that I forgot to transfer my steam licenses to ED, so I did that, hoping that it will solve it.

Tried again, it works now. I have no idea if it was the issue or if it's just voodoo.

Hopefully it helps any steam users out there 💪

Thanks csfrag!

1 minute ago, rapt said:

I've noticed that I forgot to transfer my steam licenses to ED, so I did that, hoping that it will solve it.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Please note that although you may purchase through Steam, you appear to be using Standalone, not Steam. I'm sure that not transferring your license was at the root of your issue. Steam users don't have to transfer Licenses, so our issue appears to be rooted someplace else.

Edited by cfrag
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cfrag said:

I'm glad it worked out for you. Please note that although you may purchase through Steam, you appear to be using Standalone, not Steam. I'm sure that not transferring your license was at the root of your issue. Steam users don't have to transfer Licenses, so our issue appears to be rooted someplace else.

It appears your solution is working for several people now. But it seem you have to do it several times (2-3)

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

What I did to resolve:

image.png

image.png

Yay!

Holy smokes! This actually worked! Thank you!

Now I feel bad, because I have accidentally purchased the wrong upgrade (the one for N1 & The Channel owners, and I only had the second one). I'd like to return it and purchase the correct one, but won't it mess up my licenses? Has anyone tried that?

6 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

It appears your solution is working for several people now. But it seem you have to do it several times (2-3)

I did it only once and it worked.

Edited by Jascha

10 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

it seem you have to do it several times (2-3)

Indeed - we don't know what really helps. My neighbor's wife's aunt swears that swinging a dead cat clockwise around your head at midnight while reciting Cthulhu's dirge may also help 🙂 

Let's hope that Ugra find it in them to give us a definite answer.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, cfrag said:

we don't know what really helps. My neighbor's wife's aunt swears that swinging a dead cat clockwise around your head at midnight while reciting cthulu's dirge may also help 🙂 

😆

16 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Let's hope that Ugra find it in them to give us a definite answer.

Maybe the Issue has been already fixed - check this out:

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

What I did to resolve:

image.png

image.png

Yay!

Re-downloading the 20GB now. If it works, I'm making her call me "cfrag" tonight.

But then she often calls me "cfrag anyway... 🤔

I'd say thank you but this whole thing has gotten a bit uncomfortable now. I'll let you know if it works and then, I don't know, I'll just finish my tea. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

BTW, regarding this mystery why the fix posted above works for some people immediately and others need to try it like 2-3 times, maybe it's important to deselect all Normandy items from the Steam DLC list. So not only Normandy 1944 but Normandy 2.0 and Normandy 2.0 Upgrade as well. That's what I did. 

19 minutes ago, Jascha said:

BTW, regarding this mystery why the fix posted above works for some people immediately and others need to try it like 2-3 times, maybe it's important to deselect all Normandy items from the Steam DLC list. So not only Normandy 1944 but Normandy 2.0 and Normandy 2.0 Upgrade as well. That's what I did. 

That's what I tried the first time. 

And it didn't work. When I only deselect the Normandy 1944 and started the game. Then restated the PC, redownloaded Normandy 1944. Then in restated PC again. It worked.