Patch notes discussion May 2023

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
29 minutes ago, TPrince said:

I have stopped playing till this is fixed (Also heard IL2 is better for WWII spotting.  I am going to give it a try)  I donate (Money and Modules for give aways) to a lot of youtube channels and discord for their DCS content to help promote DCS.  I have now canceled all DCS donations and will startup again when it is fixed. 

The Day the new patch came out to block the Improved Dot Mod.  Arguments and screaming was all over SRS.  Pilots being frustrated because they are calling for help and a bunch of the people would radio back they couldn't spot them.  The person was shot down and went on a rant about how bad people are flying this simulator.  It was so bad people had to switch channels.   Its things like this the ED team should be understanding.   The Normandy 2 Map is beautiful, and it brought back a lot of former players to play again only to say they wont join till the spotting issue is fixed.  Beyond Frustrating.  What will it take to have an issue that has been brought up over the years many times for them to actually take it seriously and fix it?  

We already have our first version internally of the improved dot mod built into the sim and ready for testing. It shouldn't be long. If you need a break to go play something else, then you are welcome to do it. We are working hard to always improve the sim, and will continue to do so. Thanks.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

We already have our first version internally of the improved dot mod built into the sim and ready for testing. It shouldn't be long. If you need a break to go play something else, then you are welcome to do it. We are working hard to always improve the sim, and will continue to do so. Thanks.

this is truly awesome news, @NineLine!

• Like 2

Friday's newsletter mentioned improved (night) lighting of Viper/Hornet in the current OB.

The patch changelog didn't have anything about aircraft lighting though. What did change concerning lighting?
Has anyone on Open Beta discovered any improvments to aircraft lighting? Maybe (hopefully) light visibility distance finally improved?
I'm on stable, so can't test myself.

• Like 1

According to the night lighting: I don't know if it's already reported or not, but with MT version in SP the P51 Caucasus Batumi takeoff instant action (evening time) has weird lighting glitches in VR. The left / right visuals of the lights of Batumi's buildings are not in sync, plus the left eye lighting changes upon head movement. This bug doesn't exist in the ST version.

I have no idea if it's plane / map related, I experienced this type of bug only on that map with this plane. Dear @BIGNEWY shall I make a new thread for this bug or is it enough?

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

RAZBAM, ED, could you please not delay too much the F15E because for my part I'm starting to get saturated with all these videos related to this aircraft.... as if all the DCS community were only interested by this aircraft...🤨
I think that in terms of teasing, we can announce "good job well done"... and move on...😉

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, TPrince said:

I have stopped playing till this is fixed (Also heard IL2 is better for WWII spotting.  I am going to give it a try)  I donate (Money and Modules for give aways) to a lot of youtube channels and discord for their DCS content to help promote DCS.  I have now canceled all DCS donations and will startup again when it is fixed. 

The Day the new patch came out to block the Improved Dot Mod.  Arguments and screaming was all over SRS.  Pilots being frustrated because they are calling for help and a bunch of the people would radio back they couldn't spot them.  The person was shot down and went on a rant about how bad people are flying this simulator.  It was so bad people had to switch channels.   Its things like this the ED team should be understanding.   The Normandy 2 Map is beautiful, and it brought back a lot of former players to play again only to say they wont join till the spotting issue is fixed.  Beyond Frustrating.  What will it take to have an issue that has been brought up over the years many times for them to actually take it seriously and fix it?  

On 5/19/2023 at 7:14 PM, NineLine said:

We already have our first version internally of the improved dot mod built into the sim and ready for testing. It shouldn't be long. If you need a break to go play something else, then you are welcome to do it. We are working hard to always improve the sim, and will continue to do so. Thanks

TPrince, you must not scold them - so hard they have been toiling away on making catholic headway for decades. :music_whistling:

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

LOL  Was not my intention.  Just frustration .   My Fav part is the WWII modules and they are useless without the ability to spot basically anything.   

• Like 4

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor               4.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

Thanks for FM update on the AH-64D. Definitely noticeable! Thanks👍 

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

It's tough because I really am enjoying the new Apache FM and 1200 ammo, but on the other hand, can't read the MFDs at 1080p without the dot mod.   Really looking forward to the internal version of the dot mod, it's gonna thoroughly change WW2 and make it so much more fun and accessible for everyone. 

• Like 1

Latest patch made me finally quit DCS. There are so many things which are broken for years, players do excellent workarounds by editing files or making mods and then ED comes around kicking in all that work. Shaders folder is just the most recent thing happening. Finally fed up of investing so much time just to not know if i can still join servers after the next patch.

Looking forward to various alternatives to DCS which are on the horizon.

11 minutes ago, Plagi_Arism said:

Name it whatever you want but rather it looks like a decision (which many have done long ago), and a wake up call to ED

User can't join a server because of the mod (modification of the game, not supported by devs) he himself installed.

The owner of the server allows pure clients only, which is his right and own decision.

User quits but yet still seeks attention on the forum.

Please, don't go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
On 5/20/2023 at 9:33 PM, St4rgun said:

According to the night lighting: I don't know if it's already reported or not, but with MT version in SP the P51 Caucasus Batumi takeoff instant action (evening time) has weird lighting glitches in VR. The left / right visuals of the lights of Batumi's buildings are not in sync, plus the left eye lighting changes upon head movement. This bug doesn't exist in the ST version.

I have no idea if it's plane / map related, I experienced this type of bug only on that map with this plane. Dear @BIGNEWY shall I make a new thread for this bug or is it enough?

yes please make a post in the bugs section with a short track example and video / pictures of the bug you see. 

thank you

2 hours ago, Minhal said:

Latest patch made me finally quit DCS. There are so many things which are broken for years, players do excellent workarounds by editing files or making mods and then ED comes around kicking in all that work. Shaders folder is just the most recent thing happening. Finally fed up of investing so much time just to not know if i can still join servers after the next patch.

Looking forward to various alternatives to DCS which are on the horizon.

Sorry to hear you have quit, hope you return when you are ready to, our work is constant so maybe we can meet your expectations one day. 

all the best to you. 

--------------------------------

folks please keep this thread for patch notes discussion 

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Minhal said:

There are so many things which are broken for years

Yet your user account is just a couple months old 🙄

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/19/2023 at 5:56 PM, twistking said:

Friday's newsletter mentioned improved (night) lighting of Viper/Hornet in the current OB.

The patch changelog didn't have anything about aircraft lighting though. What did change concerning lighting?
Has anyone on Open Beta discovered any improvments to aircraft lighting? Maybe (hopefully) light visibility distance finally improved?
I'm on stable, so can't test myself.

Just checked it, in the bright daylight.  The Hornet with its position and strobe lights on, still looks like a glowing orb from miles away. I'm not talking about the strobe flashing on and off. The strobe is actually invisible from distance, overpowered by a 'blend' of steady position lights, especially annoying in VR.

Dots or no dots... just tell the Hornet drivers to keep their ext. lights on and the spotting is no problem, even in bright daylight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 минут назад, LastRifleRound сказал:

But is he wrong?

Why would a developer adjust to the mods?

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

3 hours ago, IR.Clutch said:

Why would a developer adjust to the mods?

I responding to someone discounting the opinion of a newer account because of the age of the account. The comment was referring to "There are so many things which are broken for years" which is a factually true statement, regardless of the age of the account making it.

14 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

I responding to someone discounting the opinion of a newer account because of the age of the account. The comment was referring to "There are so many things which are broken for years" which is a factually true statement, regardless of the age of the account making it.

True but he made it sound like it affected him for that long.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

22 minutes ago, draconus said:

True but he made it sound like it affected him for that long.

You know you don't have to be a member of this forum to play DCS? I'm guessing like with all games. The vast majority just plays the game and aren't members of any forums, discords or knitting groups related to the game.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team

folks please dont derail the thread. 

Topic here is patch notes discussion

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2