Air condition makes me deaf

DaWu

In the radio training module, they ask you to tune to FM on the AUX radio. Was I supposed to hear anything there? Couldn’t from the ECS, and couldn’t lower it to a level where I’d hear anything over the radio. 
otherwise loving the fun training modules!

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

If it's realistic, it should stay as is, eventually option in special options should be added. It drives me mad too, but that's why we fly in DCS, for realism. I'll get used to the sound after a week i think.

Edited by Miro
  • Like 3

:pilotfly:

Yes.. maybe lowering it can make displays fail as it is in the JF17 in future or now?

In any case, I think an option in special options with volume of that sound would be nice to be added, so for those that want to have realism 100% can put it to full volume, and those that makes it crazy can lower it. There is no a way of playing, there are multiple to be respect each one.

Change values in sound options is a PITA everytime we have to fly the F15, as with other modules (I have all of them) is ok as it is.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, Miro said:

If it's realistic, it should stay as is

0:00 - 1:30

• Thanks 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 6/26/2023 at 7:13 AM, AhSoul said:

You can reduce the 'power' of the ECS, which lowers the noise a bit, or you can turn it off, which gives you a Master Caution you can cancel.

I'm not sure if there's actually a downside to that warning though - do the displays fail?

AFAIK, right now you can fly all day with the ECS off, I thought I remembered hearing they will add avionics overheating later.  I assume by reducing the power, you meant setting ECS to left or right only instead of both 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

AFAIK, right now you can fly all day with the ECS off, I thought I remembered hearing they will add avionics overheating later.  I assume by reducing the power, you meant setting ECS to left or right only instead of both 🙂

Ahhh I thought the overheating was in. Cool, will turn it off 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

On 6/26/2023 at 4:13 PM, AhSoul said:

You can reduce the 'power' of the ECS, which lowers the noise a bit, or you can turn it off, which gives you a Master Caution you can cancel.

I'm not sure if there's actually a downside to that warning though - do the displays fail?

It will damage the systems, if no cooling is present, but it's not implemented yet.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 2:22 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

0:00 - 1:30

Generally, I would like to undo everything I wrote, I can't imagine flying without air conditioning anymore, this sound relaxes me, and it's realistic for sure. If they change it, it will be a bug.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miro said:

If they change it, it will be a bug.

Lots of changes and fixes are incoming, including improvements to the sound (volume ?) of the ECS.

From Razbam's July OB Patch changelog (subject to change)

• Improved: Adjusted ECS airflow sound gains

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/330163-july-ob-patch-notes-from-razbam-discord/

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

There's realism, but there's also practicality for us home users. More consistency in sound levels across modules is a personal wish-list item for me: it's something that matters for people who live in flat buildings with paper walls and who don't want to drive their neighbours up the wall without re-adjusting volume settings every time they change airframe. The alternative is setting sound levels so low you can't hear anything and/or it limits immersion.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

Funny that you say that: these days in Summer it gets hot in my gaming room (27-28C), so the noise of the case fans at full rpm combined with the normal fan I have pointed at my face (very much needed when you fly in VR in Summer) drowns out the noise the module’s climate control makes 😉

Spoiler

At least for me, setting the Air Flow Selector Switch to "MIN" helped out tremendously. Sound is still present but probably (complete guess) 50% less noise than on "NORM" Keeping it on the "MIN" setting also makes it so the "DSP FLO LO" warning light doesn't illuminate due to inadequate cooling to cockpit displays (I believe it does illuminate if the air flow selector is set to "OFF").

Side note- I am also using the "hear like in helmet" sound option as well. 

2 minutes ago, SilentG37 said:

At least for me, setting the Air Flow Selector Switch to "MIN" helped out tremendously. Sound is still present but probably (complete guess) 50% less noise than on "NORM" Keeping it on the "MIN" setting also makes it so the "DSP FLO LO" warning light doesn't illuminate due to inadequate cooling to cockpit displays (I believe it does illuminate if the air flow selector is set to "OFF").

Side note- I am also using the "hear like in helmet" sound option as well. 

That's because even on low avionics is cooled properly, but less wind from vents for pilot.