SA-15's ability to engage certain bombs ( GBU-38, APKWS, Durandal and GBU-54 Reported )

On 10/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all

I have checked with the team and it is correct. SA-15 is able to intercept tactical missiles and large bombs.

thank you

Has April fool's come late this year?  Lets not have the repeat of the "team" stating such nonsense re JDAMS, its a similar discussion we had about the SA19 missile killing tanks front on.....(to be told its "accurate" then eventually corrected).

We are talking about the M1 Scrum Half system here and non ER guidance kits.  Also note specification and actual performance are two very different things, but an M1 system shooting down early JDAMS with the GPS kits is comical (without even considering the attack profile).

Consider this, the system has been upgraded since the version in the game, in all aspects esp track to launch time, target saturation and telemetry.  How many video's have you seen of non ER JDAM's being knocked out the sky in today's open source information (and rest assured it would be everywhere given the last 20 months).

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

9 часов назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

From the team 

Any weapon without the reflection value will default to 0.05 which in most cases is correct. 

However 

APKWS, Durandal and GBU-54 need to be adjusted and have been reported. 

thanks

Also please adjust the value for conventional unguided rockets, they are also intercepted, while their sizes are much smaller than those of the GBU 12 and GBU 38 Bombs...

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wilson said:

Also please adjust the value for conventional unguided rockets, they are also intercepted, while their sizes are much smaller than those of the GBU 12 and GBU 38 Bombs...

APKWS - best TALD's there is 😂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

48 minutes ago, Mr. Wilson said:

How did you get the unguided rockets to be intercepted?  I tried shooting unguided rockets at a SA-15 from both a Harrier and an Apache, and it didn't shoot at them.  How did you set up your test?

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Has April fool's come late this year?  Lets not have the repeat of the "team" stating such nonsense re JDAMS, its a similar discussion we had about the SA19 missile killing tanks front on.....(to be told its "accurate" then eventually corrected).

We are talking about the M1 Scrum Half system here and non ER guidance kits.  Also note specification and actual performance are two very different things, but an M1 system shooting down early JDAMS with the GPS kits is comical (without even considering the attack profile).

Consider this, the system has been upgraded since the version in the game, in all aspects esp track to launch time, target saturation and telemetry.  How many video's have you seen of non ER JDAM's being knocked out the sky in today's open source information (and rest assured it would be everywhere given the last 20 months).

Please keep the feedback mature and constructive, this is a bug report so this should be for bug-related info either tracks, evidence etc, no commentary is needed. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

After the hotfix dropped I went to work and tested if there were any changes. And there was, to the GBU-38 at least.
The SA-15 still can see and engage the GBU-38 while completely ignoring the GBU-12, so the issue is still there.

However, the SA-15 can not hit the JDAM at all, so there is some improvement at least. I even tried to do it manually in combined arms, the SA-15 AI can detect, lock and shoot the GBU-38 but it can't seem to track it as the missiles just go straight after the initial turn from leaving the tube. I will provide tracks for GBU-12 and GBU-38 as I did originally. As well as my attempt in combined arms.

GBU-12 Test post hotfix.trk GBU-38 Test post hotfix.trk GBU-38 Test post hotfix combined arms.trk

1 minute ago, okopanja said:

@NineLine recent update brought RCS oscilations on some of hornet and viper airborne radars. I assume this was done depending on the operating frequency of both radars. Can you please tell us the reference wavelength which was used to to define the corresponding RCS of DCS ammo?

I'm not sure how this relates to the topic?

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Killshot0597 said:

After the hotfix dropped I went to work and tested if there were any changes. And there was, to the GBU-38 at least.
The SA-15 still can see and engage the GBU-38 while completely ignoring the GBU-12, so the issue is still there.

However, the SA-15 can not hit the JDAM at all, so there is some improvement at least. I even tried to do it manually in combined arms, the SA-15 AI can detect, lock and shoot the GBU-38 but it can't seem to track it as the missiles just go straight after the initial turn from leaving the tube. I will provide tracks for GBU-12 and GBU-38 as I did originally. As well as my attempt in combined arms.

GBU-12 Test post hotfix.trk 51.92 kB · 0 downloads GBU-38 Test post hotfix.trk 48.11 kB · 0 downloads GBU-38 Test post hotfix combined arms.trk 228.53 kB · 0 downloads

Please wait the full fix is not in yet, I am still testing. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, okopanja said:

@NineLine recent update brought RCS oscilations on some of hornet and viper airborne radars. I assume this was done depending on the operating frequency of both radars. Can you please tell us the reference wavelength which was used to to define the corresponding RCS of DCS ammo?

please make a new thread so you dont derail this one. 

Thank you

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/27/2023 at 12:10 AM, Killshot0597 said:

GBU-12 Test post hotfix.trk 51.92 kB · 1 download GBU-38 Test post hotfix.trk 48.11 kB · 1 download GBU-38 Test post hotfix combined arms.trk 228.53 kB · 2 downloads

My experience is different. I've found the SA-15 can still engage and successfully shoot down GBU-38s, especially if multiple SA-15 systems are in the bombs flight path.

If the SA-15 modelled in DCS is able to do that IRL, I'm happy if things stay that way. Otherwise, it would indeed be nice to tweak the probability of engagement and the probability of kill.

I'm eager to play with the fix when it comes out! 🙂

Edited by Steinsch

Steinsch

Flying Virtual F-15s since 1989

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/CommanderSteinsch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about the RCS of a JSOW? Normally JSOW have à very low RCS because of the stealth design of the weapon, so what is the RCS of this weapon in DCS? Why a weapon designed especially for SEAD missions with à specific stealth design is always tracked and shoot down?

Thank you in advance for the answer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in a mission where a CBU-105 was engaged by the SA-15. So I believe the RCS is in error for the CBU-105 as well. What information source for the Tor M1 series shows its capable of intercepting a CBU-105, has there been any recorded in history to be intercepted?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oct 26, 2023 was the last info that we got about this. A GBU-38 is still able to be shot down by an SA15, but a MK-82 cannot. They are the same bomb. Is there any update on this issue yet? 

• Like 1

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.