DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum

• ED Team

DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum
We are excited to announce our first full fidelity 4th generation Russian fighter: the MiG-29A Fulcrum! The Fulcrum has been a massively successful, single-seat fighter that was developed to counter the F-15, F/A-18, and F-16 during the height of the Cold War. Today, it serves numerous armed forces, and will fill an important role in DCS.

Based on publicly available manuals, the DCS Fulcrum will be a 1980s era MiG-29, but it will still be a potent threat to other DCS aircraft with its array of radar- and infrared-guided missiles, its 30mm cannon, and unguided air-to-ground weapons. In the right hands, the MiG-29 can be a tough opponent with its Helmet Mounted Sight paired with high-off boresight R-73 air-to-air missiles.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Really looking forward to this. Will reshape the DCS landscape and i love the overall 80s Cold War focus we will see 2024 and beyond: MiG-29, MiG-23, F-4E, F-14A, A-7E... lots of modules for that era in the tube!

Happy the Fulcrum thing finally happens  🍾 will sink a lot of hours into that one 🙂🙃🙂

• Like 7

Any plan to add ground based guidance?

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

4 hours ago, ustio said:

Will the GCI datalink going to be integrated with combined arms?

It would be awesome if it was, a tactical commander could then guide multiple flights himself to what he see's would be the best position

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 5

We don't know but from the 2024 & beyond people could have gotten impression that it will be THIS year, but it won't I think.

The development will certainly start this year, or maybe it has already started. Well, EA in December maybe? ED knows 🙂

Video says in sequence: 

COMING TO DCS IN 2024

IRAQ

AND JOINING REDFOR IN FULL FIDELITY

FULCRUM-A

The way that this above message is formed shows that Iraq is planned to come this year whereas Fulcrum is planned to join redfor

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

We don't know but from the 2024 & beyond people could have gotten impression that it will be THIS year, but it won't I think.
The development will certainly start this year, or maybe it has already started. Well, EA in December maybe? ED knows
Video says in sequence: 
COMING TO DCS IN 2024
IRAQ
AND JOINING REDFOR IN FULL FIDELITY
FULCRUM-A
The way that this above message is formed shows that Iraq is planned to come this year whereas Fulcrum is planned to join redfor
Remember that has plans, subject to change and no write on stone.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

My wish is a Izdeliye 9.12, referred internally in the Air Force as Izdeliye 5 (NATO Name: Fulcrum-A), as oppossed to the export version A (izdeliye 9.12A, izdeliye 5A) or export B (Izdeliye 9.12B, izdeliye 5B), whose names were Fulcrum-A too.

Export version A was a slightly downgraded version for Warsaw Pact countries, featuring a RLPK-29E radar targeting system. Anyway it has a similar performance that Soviet Fulcrums.

Edited by splash
  • Like 1

Yes! 1980s Late Cold War is going to be awesome in DCS, MiG-21bis, MiG-23MLA, MIG-29A, Su-17M, Mi-24P, Mi-8, L-39, Mirage F. 1, Tornado IDS, ~Viggen, Kfir, Gazelle L, F-4E, F-5E, F-14A/B, A-7E, A-6E, Huey, MB-339, C-101. 

Cold War Fulcrum fits perfectly.

Only some USAF premiere fighter like F-15 or F-16 from the era will be missing. Thanks ED for making full fidelity Fulcrum. 

Edited by bies
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

When can we expect this plane in DCS in EA? At the end of the year, no sooner right?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

7 hours ago, splash said:

My wish is a Izdeliye 9.12, referred internally in the Air Force as Izdeliye 5 (NATO Name: Fulcrum-A), as oppossed to the export version A (izdeliye 9.12A, izdeliye 5A) or export B (Izdeliye 9.12B, izdeliye 5B), whose names were Fulcrum-A too.

Export version A was a slightly downgraded version for Warsaw Pact countries, featuring a RLPK-29E radar targeting system. Anyway it has a similar performance that Soviet Fulcrums.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

image.png

Oh look, it's me!

Anyway, since we obviously will get some kind of 9.12 export-variant, does that also mean, that we won't have access to the extended range R27ER? I read somewhere that 9.12A/B could not use the R27ER, but maybe i got mixed that up. I would definitely miss the ERs though. The extra range helps against Fox3s...

2 hours ago, JunMcKill said:

Looks like the version will be the Russian 9.12 (the online manual) 

How do you conclude that it will be the russian 9.12? Isn't an export 9.12A or 9.12B much more likely? What online manual are you talking about?

8 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It takes more than one year to develop module from scratch. Since it is still a possibility in 2024, development must have started earlier.

At minimum this will require radar updates, since Razbam kind off pushed the fidelity of radar simulation(m2k/f15e) further than ED(phase 3 for hornet and viper not reached yet).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okopanja said:

It takes more than one year to develop module from scratch. Since it is still a possibility in 2024, development must have started earlier.

At minimum this will require radar updates, since Razbam kind off pushed the fidelity of radar simulation(m2k/f15e) further than ED(phase 3 for hornet and viper not reached yet).

Considering the first comments around 3 years ago, it must have been, just like with any other module before it's formally announced. 

As for the radar, look at the @F-2 post in the wish list:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JunMcKill said:

Just let me know where I have to pay! Looks like the version will be the Russian 9.12 (the online manual) 

ED store, and probably STEAM at some point, right? 🙂

Fully public is also the manual for the G version, and quick glimpse at the 3D model ED has provided is us not enough to conclude. Is it 9.12, 9.12A ... We will learn soon enough. 

Also, what do you call 9.12A with HARM these days? Fulcrum - A.Magnum ?

• Like 2

2 часа назад, twistking сказал:

How do you conclude that it will be the russian 9.12?

It was mentioned by Chizh.

• Thanks 1

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

40 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

it would still be a 9.12 or 9.13 Ukraine was a Soviet state, and so got the good version. Fulcrum Harm

Oh right. I didn't even think about that, but of course Ukraine was Soviet Union proper. So no downgrade...

31 minutes ago, IR.Clutch said:

It was mentioned by Chizh.

Thanks for the info. I'm happy with the 9-12.