Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

6 hours ago, 13sq*Axe said:

I don't believe the issue affects Q2 and Q3 over QP. I'm using a Q3. It along with my Q2 both work with DCS since I did the system restore thing I described early in this thread. After the restore operation I opted out of the PTC and it downloaded an update. I ended up with V63.0.0.216.361 and it  has worked since. From where I'm sitting it seems to be the version of V63 you're running. For example V63.0.0.150.361 seems to be one that won't launch. Is there anyone with V63.0.0.216.361 that can't launch DCS with Oculus runtime? That being said once ED  releases the patch I'm going to reinstall my Oculus software. 

I am running version 63.0.0.327.363 on my headset. V63.0.0.216.361 on my PC app. Mine works fine. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Permission error might be because the Oculus Service is still running in the background. Type services into the windows search bar, scroll down through the list of services till you find Oculus Service, select stop, copy the folders over, start the Oculus Service then re open the Oculus App.

Yesterdays Oculus link v63 works fine for me after replacing the specific folders from v62 or the older v63

I had a v63 on both PC and headset for a couple of weeks with no probs but yesterdays newer v63 did the breaking 

btw I'm using win 11

Edited by Dogmanbird

20 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

I am running version 63.0.0.327.363 on my headset. V63.0.0.216.361 on my PC app. Mine works fine. 

Do you use Win 10 or 11?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

For ED testers, I can confirm the V63 Link update pushed about 40 hours ago busted my Quest 1 in VR. 

Reverting to the folders kindly provided by one of the pilots here fixed the issue for me, but I don't know how long that will last, or whether Meta will actually respect the "do not auto update" setting.

I know Meta are the bad guys here, but we'd all really appreciate ED being super good guys and prioritising this fix for the next patch. It's gamebreaking as you've seen.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

3 minutes ago, ruprecht said:

I know Meta are the bad guys here, but we'd all really appreciate ED being super good guys and prioritising this fix for the next patch. It's gamebreaking as you've seen.

I hope only it was tested for Oculus 3 and Pro too. Now, mostly users of Quest 3 have a problem and mostly users of Quest Pro dont have this issue. So I hope this fix will not solve the issue for one group only and the rest will recive the new problem ;).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

31 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

W11

Im on W10 and no issue with v63.

• Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
42 minutes ago, flybull said:

any chance we can get an estimate from ED on when fix/next update might be?  Not happy that ED have elected not to hotfix for benefit of so many users.

Hi, I can not share when the next patch is yet, it will depend on test results, as soon as QA give me the go ahead I will share the date with everyone. 

Please bear in mind we are testing the whole of DCS and all modules, not just one fix. The meta crash in DCS has created a problem for us and all of you so apologies for that. 

We are testing potential fixes internally at the moment, I wish I could also, but I do not own the headset personally.  

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

I do not own the headset personally

Your footnote says otherwise: HP Reverb G2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
Just now, draconus said:

Your footnote says otherwise: HP Reverb G2

the crash is for meta / oculus products

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wasn't going to release this, but given that this crap show has been going on for too long now (and the cat has been out of the bag on reddit), here is an alternative OpenXR implementation for Oculus Link (air or cable) that currently works without issues with DCS:
https://github.com/mbucchia/VirtualDesktop-OpenXR/releases/tag/1.0.3
This is the same implementation users of Virtual Desktop have been able to enjoy for a while now, except you can use it without Virtual Desktop. It comes as-is with no extended support. All you need to do is run the installer and you will be all set. Check out the instructions in the link to also switch back and forth between this and other OpenXR runtimes if needed.
I will still recommend to you all to consider Virtual Desktop, which is a much better experience that Oculus Link. But if you resist, well you can try the workaround above with Oculus Link.
Hope it will help a few.
PS: Cheers to @MoleUK who's been testing it with DCS and reporting success.
Asking for a friend.....
Does it work also with the Rift S?
Ps nice to see you posting again..I hope all is good

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

7 hours ago, sBinn64 said:

I't wont let me copy/paste the files from the drive into the folders, anything I'm doing wrong?

You need to go to service manager and disable Oculus stuff.

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Screw the Christian Eagle II

vor 6 Stunden schrieb jdw81:

Very similar problem here - but - I have not upgraded to Ver 63 on the headset. Unfortunately, the QuestLink software on the PC updated to Ver 63 (Meta Quest Link App Version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361)) without my asking for it. I guess I'm back to TrackIR until something is done.

Just a genuine noob question: Where can I get the information when its done?

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

We are testing potential fixes internally at the moment, I wish I could also, but I do not own the headset personally.  

There is no problem for me - if Im provided with a file that I will can to overwrite over the current, official version, I would test the fix for VR at home on Quest Pro (v63, it works for me, no issue) and also with my neighbor who has Quest 3 v63 and DCS doesn't work for him (issue is present), we have both Link Cable and direct OXR.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, Saber_Rider said:

Just a genuine noob question: Where can I get the information when its done?

Oculus App: Settings ---> General Tab ---> Scroll to the bottom

2 hours ago, ruprecht said:

Reverting to the folders kindly provided by one of the pilots here fixed the issue for me, but I don't know how long that will last, or whether Meta will actually respect the "do not auto update" setting.

If you reverted back to V62 you can now block the update by performing the steps below:

Simply browse to C:\Program Files\Oculus (or where you installed your application)
Rename folder \Staging to bak.Staging
Rename folder \tmp to bak.tmp
Create a new file called Staging (with no extension, just create a new txt file and remove the extension .txt, then confirm when Windows says the file my unusable)
Create a new file called tmp (also, no extension)

This blocks the update. When there is an update, you still get a notification that there is an update and that it is in progress but if you check it's queued and the update will be blocked.
Just reverse the steps and restart the app to let the update go through.
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Everyone seems to be using Quest 2 or 3.  I have Rift S, cable driven.  I was not using Steam, so I downloaded it and tried running DCS through Steam.  maybe I am not doing the correct procedure, but this didn't work either. 

Any new recommendations for solutions? 

I checked the version in goggles, this is what it looks like for me, and after updating the Cable Link Application it works (v63), but Im left with information about v63 in the goggles themselves too (postponed to the end of April). DCS works ok in VR OXR for me.

Goggles: 

afPe4v4.jpg

Meta Link App:

UoK1pvG.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, Dogmanbird said:

is what stops dcs vr on this pc. ive replaced the two client and runtime folders with my earlier v63 folders

That's the PC app version. What version is your headset? 

23 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I checked the version in goggles, this is what it looks like for me, and after updating the Cable Link Application it works (v63), but Im left with information about v63 in the goggles themselves too (postponed to the end of April). DCS works ok in VR OXR for me.

Goggles: 

afPe4v4.jpg

Meta Link App:

UoK1pvG.jpg

It looks like it is the headset version could makes a difference. We need the v number(s) for those who cannot get it to work. It might be possible to upgrade through the issue. 

Edit: I have just realized your headset version is 62 so this might be why your still works. 

Edited by Qcumber
  • Like 1