F-16 Parking brake not working since last update

void68
Go to solution Solved by Arclight007,

Bound the parking brake to a switch before, worked fine. Now hitting the switch in my homepit into upward position (PB) no upward switch position in the simulated cockpit. Checked it in Settings, the switch gives immediate and correct feedback "PARKINGBRAKE". However there are two entries, both are in orange? AntiSkid on/off positions however work like before.

Changelog says: "Fixed: 3-way switch for ANTI-SKID/PB doesn't engage Parking Brake."

Strange, I never had problems, it always engaged the Parking brake before. NOW it's broken.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what causes it, but the orange colouring of those boxes indicates there is a problem.  Try CLEARING both, save and redo it.  Not sure what you want to search on to find the issue, but it is some sort of binding issue.

The F-16 Parking Brake is not working proper since last update. Switch in the sim will not go to parking brake when manually flipped by mouse. It also effects a manual switch in  cockpit panel Switch is good on in cockpit panel. Will go to off and anti-skid but not to parking brake! Was working fine before latest update! Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks in advance!

Cannot confirm. I can set the switch to all 3 positions. Right mouse button moves the switch up from OFF to Anti-Skid, then to Parking Brake. Left mouse button makes it switch down from Parking Brake to Anti-Skid, then to OFF.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

10 minutes ago, Arclight007 said:

The F-16 Parking Brake is not working proper since last update. Switch in the sim will not go to parking brake when manually flipped by mouse. It also effects a manual switch in  cockpit panel Switch is good on in cockpit panel. Will go to off and anti-skid but not to parking brake! Was working fine before latest update! Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks in advance!

I've not had this problem.  Is power on?  Keybinds conflicting?  You know what you have to do...

Works fine here for me as well. I do often find in the Viper my inputs (mouse, keyboard, HOTAS buttons) sometimes get registered as double-presses. Most frequently with the parking break, FLCS BIT, and CMDS program/mode switches. Could just be me and my system but if the switch isn't "sticking" then there's a possibility you may be experiencing the same thing.

16 hours ago, Arclight007 said:

IIRC the parking brake requires power on the jet (to power hydraulics?), so make sure your engine is running when trying to engage the parking brake.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Solution

Hello All,

And good copy on all the feedback! Appreciate it. Switch works fine when power applied. Still having issues with cockpit panel. Will look for keybind conflicts. Thanks everyone again for all your support!!

On 3/1/2024 at 7:32 AM, Arclight007 said:

Hello All,

And good copy on all the feedback! Appreciate it. Switch works fine when power applied. Still having issues with cockpit panel. Will look for keybind conflicts. Thanks everyone again for all your support!!

Yeah, I think literally every part of the jet is computerized.  The switches and buttons do not actually connect to anything but circuit boards.  Cars are a lot like this nowadays too, often for worse.  Basically the only thing in the jet that works without power being switched to on is the canopy.  There's probably some draw from a battery for that and I doubt the IRL switch is mechanical in any way.  That's what made the F-16 so revolutionary and a bit controversial maybe when it came out: literally nothing but the ejection seat and canopy jettison is mechanically actuated from the cockpit.

• Like 1

• ED Team

just to add, we have asked the team to add wheel chocks for cold and dark aircraft. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

just to add, we have asked the team to add wheel chocks for cold and dark aircraft. 

That‘d be a great addition, maybe even for hot starts on a parking spot? Since some are slightly sloped?

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Am 29.2.2024 um 19:36 schrieb SickSidewinder9:

I've not had this problem.  Is power on?  Keybinds conflicting?  You know what you have to do...

Power is on, engine is running. Switching the Parking Break with the mouse works. Switching it with a keybind / external switch does not, ofc all other external switches work. The entry "AntiSkid-Switch, PARKINGBREAK" is a double entry and it's in orange, BTW like "MAIN POWER SWITCH (special) - MAIN POWER/BATT". Hovering over these commands tells me (in german, so a rough translation) "Different functions can't share the same name" .

So there are different functions behind the command entries - not by me.

pb.jpg

1 hour ago, void68 said:

Power is on, engine is running. Switching the Parking Break with the mouse works. Switching it with a keybind / external switch does not, ofc all other external switches work. The entry "AntiSkid-Switch, PARKINGBREAK" is a double entry and it's in orange, BTW like "MAIN POWER SWITCH (special) - MAIN POWER/BATT". Hovering over these commands tells me (in german, so a rough translation) "Different functions can't share the same name" .

So there are different functions behind the command entries - not by me.

The problem seems to originate in the German versions of the "default.lua" files under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick" and "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\keyboard" respectively.
It seems that the line with the name "ANTI-SKID Schalter - "Parkbremse" has different definitions between the two files. This ought to be corrected by the person who is responsible for the localization. It's a relatively simple task. I do not have the German files so I cannot look into them.

I use the English version of the game (although I'm German), and the bindings for this switch work ok here.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, void68 said:

No change with actual update, no change with hotfix yet. When will it be fixed?

Hi, can you post a short track so we can see whats going on?

When no power on the jet the brake will not function also when throttle is above approximately 75% (as far as I know) the break will disengage.

9 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Hi, can you post a short track so we can see whats going on?

When no power on the jet the brake will not function also when throttle is above approximately 75% (as far as I know) the break will disengage.

I think he's refering to the keybinds and its behaviour, not the actual brake, as explained a few posts above.

Edited by razo+r
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, void68 said:

No change with actual update, no change with hotfix yet. When will it be fixed?

I will chase up the German language issue on the controls, the parking brake seems fine for me on English version. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/4/2024 at 5:04 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I know it's only a request right now, but would this be for all parked aircraft or would it be an option we can set on a per mission basis? I'd imagine in some cases you might not want the chocks in place (like QRA).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files