DCS: CH-47F FAQ Discussion

Benno

Will we see updated infantry animations when they are entering and exiting the aircraft?

Will we have physical models of infantry/vehicles/cargo in the rear, as currently with CTLD we cannot see infantry in the back of the Huey as an example.

Will we have some sort of crew chief/flight engineer (not sure on correct term) giving us call outs and such for landings? Will this be a Multi Crew slot eventually?

• Like 25

Can we get a list of weapons/attachments you plan on adding to the module?

For example, can we go full gunship like in this picture?

Also will we get AI for each gunning position like in Huey?

main-qimg-a178e9010f65a7dbe520712b8a8b0d

Edited by Mohamengina
  • Like 3

This module feels very rushed to me.First the start of pre-sales without a feature list despite a planned release in 2 month.

Now it turns out that the logistics & support aspect that is the whole main purpose of this helicopter will not be available during EA but only at some undetermined future date.

If it wasn’t for user-made script solutions there would be close to zero to do with it transport-wise, except sling loading.

Really don’t like the direction ED is taking with this one. 

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 34

We stated above we will be developing a novel logistics system for the CH-47 and other cargo/transport aircraft, when we have more details to share on what this will entail we will be sure to share.

Thanks Nineline for the update

Given the above (emphasis mine) - it sounds like CTLD hasn't even been started on yet, which answers a question I've had regarding will it be CTLD functionality at release. Even though disappointing, I very much appreciate knowing now, so I can plan future mission designs accordingly as I dream about how I can look at implementing this into existing and future multiplayer server campaigns. 

We don't always get the answers we want, but fore-knowledge is far more helpful than silence. Thanks again for the update!

I'm very exited to get my hands on this module, and dare say (subject to more info being released), I'll be looking at buying this in June, and look forward to the more details as you have them to share. 🙂

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ghashpl said:

(not negative but rather constructive post)

I have in mind the SuperCarrier in perspective. This module is not changed since release (may 2020). (Adding light sticks to deck crew and more lights levels is just a cosmetics)
Saying "we are waiting for the core game to change". It's been 4 years without any progress.
"We are working in the background". It's been 4 years without any progress.
"EA is not for everybody". It's been 4 years where I paid whole price.

I think there should be some time frames. I do like what ED has done with Afgan preorder - "we're not releasing whole map, next parts are planned in 3 months interval".
This is something that shows how long a promise is.

Fat cow, water landing, CSAR, internal transport - all cool. But I would like to see some dates.

I think ED is rushing this module and I remember what happened to F-16 and the apologies from ED side after that.
Two months before the release and "we still don't know what we're going to add".

ED, please, be honest with people that loves your product and want to see a clear and transparent seller-costumer policy.

This post couldn't have been worded more perfectly.

Let me start by saying that I'm very grateful for DCS, I love what ED and its 3rd party partners have produced. I own a great number of modules and maps and regularly struggle to choose to fly the F16, the F18 or the F15E because I love them all.

But, I'm also not someone who enjoys being taken advantage of. I'm a 'proud' owner of the SuperCarrier module and I'm disappointed that the features that were road mapped for this module haven't eventuated. Also pretty miffed about the F15E saga but that's not a story for here.

I like what is proposed above and I think it would alleviate some of the annoyance I (and I'm sure others) feel about features that are promised or road mapped, and then either never eventuate or take years upon years. Especially when they're core features like what is being proposed for the Chinook.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Mohamengina said:

^ This is the dream, much as I know it won't happen.

Letting us ape it a bit with some pod loadouts would go a long way to adding some functionality to the module, especially if the logistics features take longer than expected to rollout. If the development of the logistics stuff hits unexpected snags (as new features sometimes do), then it's going to leave the chinook in a bit of an odd space in the meantime.

Even .50 cal sidegunners would help, but M134's are a start.

Edited by MoleUK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mohamengina said:

There's no realistic outcome on why we'd get that...That's a guns-a-go-go Chinook from Vietnam, not a modern day CH-47F.

• Like 5

Will ED support and update Logisics for this module?
We can say that we are developing a novel logistics system for the CH-47F that dynamically allows the player to determine what is loaded and unloaded from the aircraft based on weight and area. Whilst this will not be available at early access release, it is a high priority for the CH-47F and other cargo/transport aircraft.

So... The logistics, the entire theme behind this module, almost the entire reason to buy it... won't be available on release?

I'll sit this one out, thanks.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jakm75 said:

So... The logistics, the entire theme behind this module, almost the entire reason to buy it... won't be available on release?

Yeah, really disappointing. Especially when you realize that even the backup instrument is wrong! Yes, it's work-in-progress, but it's got two months until release. Hopefully this isn't like the Apache, where we have to wait it out. I'll be on Grayflag doing my CTLD

• Like 3

• ED Team
1 minute ago, jakm75 said:

that is fine, only purchase when you are happy to, we will be grateful for the support when you do decide. 

As mentioned in the first post we are working on logistics for DCS and it is a high priority task. With it being a new feature it may not be ready for early access release, but it is actively being worked on and is an important role for the DCS:CH-47F and other modules. 

thank you 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Vortexstate said:

Yeah, really disappointing. Especially when you realize that even the backup instrument is wrong! Yes, it's work-in-progress, but it's got two months until release. Hopefully this isn't like the Apache, where we have to wait it out. I'll be on Grayflag doing my CTLD

Relying on CTLD features to flesh it out while we await the arrival of logi features is not ideal, given that we've seen DCS modders get fatigued/burnt out and drop support for their projects in the past.

Modders have been a lifesaver for DCS, but they should always be additive not core/necessary to the experience.

Edited by MoleUK
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, MoleUK said:

Relying on CTLD features to flesh it out while we await the arrival of logi features is not ideal, given that we've seen DCS modders get fatigued/burnt out and drop support for their projects in the past.

Modders have been a lifesaver for DCS, but they should always be additive not core/necessary to the experience.

I totally agree with you. We shouldn't have to wait to do this, and it honestly baffles me that it wasn't being released with the Chinny. I thank everyone on the development team, but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Vortexstate said:

Very much so, but at this point, It's almost 'par' for ED at the moment. We have DTC, bomb physics, SDBs,dynamic campaign among other things holding back the developement of various different parts of the game and modules which have been an ongoing issue since forever.

Whatever though, best I'll do is vote with my wallet.. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Vortexstate said:

I totally agree with you. We shouldn't have to wait to do this, and it honestly baffles me that it wasn't being released with the Chinny. I thank everyone on the development team, but that's just my opinion. 

Ultimately DCS is still the best helo sim there is, wouldn't be here if it wasn't. But yea it's a little worrying.

I know many wouldn't like the idea of unrealistically aping the gunship chinook variant a bit, but it would give a bit more of a fallback to rely on re: features while we wait. Though it's likely too late to pivot a bit in that direction maybe, even if ED was open to the idea.

I'll never stop banging that Guns-A-Go-Go drum though.

Edited by MoleUK
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, jakm75 said:

Very much so, but at this point, It's almost 'par' for ED at the moment. We have DTC, bomb physics, SDBs,dynamic campaign among other things holding back the developement of various different parts of the game and modules which have been an ongoing issue since forever.

Whatever though, best I'll do is vote with my wallet.. 

Couldn't have said it better

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MoleUK said:

While I agree with the overall statement, and personally, I´ll be waiting until these features are done. But the alternative would be that the module itself would be pushed back another 1-2 years. And I guess, many people are happy with the module now or with using 3rd party scripts.

• ED Team

folks please keep the discussion on the thread title. DCS: CH-47F

We know what is important to you all, and have had many messages with feedback that we have already shared with the team. The team are working very hard to bring the best version of the CH-47F for early access release, and development will continue as we bring new features to DCS regarding logistics and helo gameplay. 

thank you 

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

folks please keep the discussion on the thread title. DCS: CH-47F

We know what is important to you all, and have had many messages with feedback that we have already shared with the team. The team are working very hard to bring the best version of the CH-47F for early access release, and development will continue as we bring new features to DCS regarding logistics and helo gameplay. 

thank you 

We are discussing the CH-47F.

• Like 11

Cargo to the Chinook is like weapons on a fighter plane. It's not just a nice to have, it's the entire point.

I hope ED in general can take a good hard look at their customers general sentiment shown here and ensure that their development focus targets what is being asked of them.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

What are 'Fat Cow' missions?

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,