Mission load fail

When trying to replay a multiplayer mission, I had the message "mission load fail". Then nothing happens. The game stays still until I manually killed it.
Not digging into "why" the mission load fails, my report is more about what should happen next. If mission load fails, I'd expect to be sent back to menu to keep using DCS, instead of being stuck nowhere..

image.png

Edited by El Chapo
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

some MP missions use scripts and external databases which make it difficult to use as a replay. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

• ED Team
1 minute ago, El Chapo said:

Hello,

My point is not there. My point is, if there's a mission load fail, I should be sent back to the main menu, and not left there standed on a failed mission load.

I understand, and will ask the team about this. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

That was my question as well, thx for answer 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, having the same issue. Mission Load Fail, then stuck and can't go anywhere...

Manually killing the process and restarting DCS is somewhat time-consuming.

Would be nice if there's a way or work around to replay those MP missions, maybe caching external inputs in the track file...? It is common these days for MP servers to use some form of external database or scripting. Would be a shame if we have to choose one over the other. Might discuss this in a separate post though to keep this post focused.

• Like 1

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

• 2 weeks later...

I am running into this as well. It is happening on servers where I never had this issue before. It started with the patch which introduced the dynamic slots. Since then, I get the mission load fail every time I try to replay the multiplayer mission. Something broke this ability. As others have stated, when this happens, DCS is stuck and I cant' do anything. It's not crashed or non-responsive from a Windows perspective. It just is stuck and requires killing the process to get past it. 

As for 4YA playback, my understanding in speaking with their server admin is that they have added something to the mission which prevents people from replaying it so I doubt anyone has actually been able to replay their missions from those servers.