DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Profiles Main Page - Clear Profile

I've noticed that the "CLR PRO" OSB sometimes shows on the Profiles main page and sometimes doesn't. Is there something I have to do to get it to show?

Thx.

EDIT: I've figured it out. The OSB will only be available if you have more than 1 profile for a given weapon type.

Edited by kontiuka

• 2 weeks later...
Yup nothing in the -1 but normal ops is to close speed brakes and raise flaps once clear of the runway.

Then when turning into the spot most pilots open speed brakes and lower flaps, it's part of our -6 recovery checklist to inspect. Some don't do it until we tell them, pilot preference.

Ahhhhh... Nice to know. (Also explains why preflight check included positioning flap lever to flap position...)

Any other little tidbits like that you wanna share feel free. :thumbup:

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well after playing Dcs A10c IV enjoyed it but I'm needing something a bit more speedy I'm finding it a bit slow and in need of more excitement has anyone had the same feelings.

Don't get me wrong...I love the Hawg! I've been waiting this sim since it was teased by Janes 20 years ago... As a retired aircrew member, I miss flying and this fills that void...

However, I would likes to see the F-16 added to DCS at some point. I have always liked the F-16 and I have owned just about every version of F-16 sim since Falcon AT. The "Blue" side does not have a true SEAD aircraft yet. The F18 is coming and fill fill a void but I think an F-16 flying SEAD and Strike missions will be a gas because it will be a much quicker pace verses the A-10.

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Don't get me wrong...I love the Hawg! I've been waiting this sim since it was teased by Janes 20 years ago... As a retired aircrew member, I miss flying and this fills that void...

However, I would likes to see the F-16 added to DCS at some point. I have always liked the F-16 and I have owned just about every version of F-16 sim since Falcon AT. The "Blue" side does not have a true SEAD aircraft yet. The F18 is coming and fill fill a void but I think an F-16 flying SEAD and Strike missions will be a gas because it will be a much quicker pace verses the A-10.

Sierra

I think the falcon would be the right addition along with what's already in the works. I'm really surprised it hasn't been introduced yet, given the community that still flies Falcon 4.0.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

"Each MFCD is 5x5 inches (12.7h 12.7w cm) and has 5 buttons on each of the 4 sides." - is 5x5 inches is just a display part of MFCD or buttons part included?

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

Anyone have a clue why I am doing gun runs in A10 and sometimes the PAC works and other times it doesn't stabilize and acts like its off?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Anyone have a clue why I am doing gun runs in A10 and sometimes the PAC works and other times it doesn't stabilize and acts like its off?

The best way to get an answer would be if you could post a track of when the problem occurs? Otherwise, everyone will be guessing, I am afraid.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

"Each MFCD is 5x5 inches (12.7h 12.7w cm) and has 5 buttons on each of the 4 sides." - is 5x5 inches is just a display part of MFCD or buttons part included?

Just the display.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Sometimes the steerpoint box will be locked on the wrong side of the HUD, e.g. telling me I should be turning left when the steerpoint is just slightly outside the HUD on the right. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I did sometimes notice this behavior as well and don't know the answer, so good question! :thumbup:

Here is another weird bug.I purchased T-rudder pedals and noticed I just don't have fine control like I did before.More specifically the pedals feel nice but then I find I am erratically flying the aircraft as if the rudder suddenly becomes super sensitive.

So just now I hit CTRL/ENT to bring up the axis show screen and its there plain and simple.For some reason my rudder axis shortens and becomes super sensitive.You can see in this track where after I do the gun runs I then go full rudder but the axis screen only shows 1/2 rudder input.

I thought maybe its something to do with PAC and turn it off and it fixes it but on next gun run it reappears,but then fixes itself again.

A10c rudder axis shortening.trk

Try calibrating the axis in the windows game controllers setup.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I tried calibrating in windows and same thing.As for fine control I have added a good amount of curves and it feels worlds better now.Always been against curves but I have finally surrendered.

Weird. Usually the sensor(potentiometer or HALL) should be adjusted so you have a mostly linear curve without adjustment. Is there a driver coming with the T-Rudder?

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is there any software coming with the tiny box USB interface to calibrate the pedals? The MFG Crosswind Rudders I use, come pre calibrated, but you can calibrate and adjust them in the Software.... And should do that, when changing cam profiles.

Maybe T-Rudders have a similar "Calibration/Configuration-Tool"?

Shagrat

They work fine in windows calibration.It sometimes happens in game where I notice that they suddenly only move a less than half the travel they should.What I mean is about halfway thru my real rudder pedals range the in game pedals stop moving so I have a huge dead zone in the outer edges of travel.

As for a driver for T-rudders,I don't think its really needed unless you want to do some altering of the mechanics,like making the pedals act like brakes when you press a button.

Yep, standard is to register a HID-Controller and use the Windows native driver.

As for the calibration software, that should be mentioned by the manufacturer/manual.

I can't say for sure about the T-Rudder, but the MFG Crosswind "require" a recalibration after switching the cam profile or adjusting the pedal brake axis.

Though I doubt, it would effect the axis in a way you mention if it is "just a bit off".

To be sure it isn't a simple thing you missed or worst case a faulty sensor, I would contact the Manufacturer and describe what you experience... Maybe they know an easy fix?

BTW does this happen in all modules or just the A-10C... You could cross check with the free TF-51D and the Su-25T at least.

Ah,just thought of something. Did you check that no other axis (a twist stick axis, a slider on a throttle, whatever) is attached to the rudder axis in the DCS Controls menu?

Shagrat