SU25T in DCS World

Rikus

Copy this Server.lua into the \ Config \ View folder.

Wow great! Was trying to do this myself too but this works better, thank you! Your 6DOF mod + Ricardo's HD pit will get me off BS2 and A10C for a while :):)

'Frett'

not close to bs2 or a10 fidelity.

Nobody said it was.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

su-25t too easy. learn whole bird in 15 minutes. not close to bs2 or a10 fidelity.

I see that you have yet to complete your first mission then :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Finding targets is much more of a challenge without the strong A10C optics or the ability to watch over an area while in a hover. Try this without F10. In the campaign I make a picture of the F10 map and use that as a reference. And I'm looking around alot more (thanks again 59th_ducky for the 6DOF). It's no workload or accurate system simulation, but the flight dynamics and the combat difficulty are at the same level...

'Frett'

Probably known, but I played with the config file for the Warthog HOTAS in order to start and stop the Su-25T engines like the A-10C engines. With these two simple changes, it works :

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN30"}, }, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, name = "Engine Left Start", category = "Systems"},

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN29"}, }, up = iCommandRightEngineStart, down = iCommandRightEngineStop, name = "Engine Right Start", category = "Systems"},

:)

Edited by Togg

su-25t too easy. learn whole bird in 15 minutes. not close to bs2 or a10 fidelity.

Nobody said it was :)

In 15 minutes I doubt very much you've tried all the loadouts this bird can carry. A lot more than the Shark. You'll be surprised.

Give it a chance. It's still good fun :)

• 1 month later...
Regarding this mod, are there reports of any 3D mesh problems when using wide screen aspect radios?

Thanks

Nothing major here. It works surprisingly well.

The only thing I can see is the polygons of the grey dashboard on the left of the HUD, just above the AoA indicator, stopping and not curving completely around the left dash, but only when I move my body all the way to the left, and it's hardly noticeable. No holes at all. Even if I use the widest FOV.

"Soon"

Nate

I have all of your products! When can I fly with BS2 and A10C and P51D together in DCS World???

Now I'm confused. I am flying all the above mentioned sims (BS2, A-10C Warthog, P-51D and Su-25T) out of "DCS World" now as a single player, not online.

Is there something differant with online use of "World" and the other sim now???

Now I'm confused. I am flying all the above mentioned sims (BS2, A-10C Warthog, P-51D and Su-25T) out of "DCS World" now as a single player, not online.

Is there something differant with online use of "World" and the other sim now???

Check the date of that post. It was before those modules were released.

Nate

Nothing major here. It works surprisingly well.

The only thing I can see is the polygons of the grey dashboard on the left of the HUD, just above the AoA indicator, stopping and not curving completely around the left dash, but only when I move my body all the way to the left, and it's hardly noticeable. No holes at all. Even if I use the widest FOV.

I can see through the nose of the aircraft when I raise my head. I was surprised to see that in your video nose looked just fine!

Regarding this mod, are there reports of any 3D mesh problems when using wide screen aspect radios?

Thanks

yes 1920x1080 16:9

I'm getting clipping on the front end of the SU25T

and fish eye's.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89856

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks

Used aspect is 2:1 on 1400x700 windowed.

( I usually use 22:10 at 3840x1792 fullscreen -but this makes no difference . I had to reduce the size to make the video )

*EDIT* the following settings are obsolete - please look them up two postings ahead.

Used settings for the 6DOF:

I left this on Default:

CockpitLocalPoint[su_25T] = {3.406, 0.466, 0.0}

EyePoint[su_25] = {0,0,0}

This is edited by me and reflects the A-10C settings:

limits_6DOF[su_25T] = {x = {-0.02,0.7 } ,y = {-0.15,0.35} ,z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90}

CameraAngleLimits[su_25T] = {140.0, -65.0, 90.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_25T] = {20.0, 160.0}

CameraAngleRestriction[su_25T] = {0,90,0.5}

As you can see - the only "Big" problem is the transition of the Cockpit to the nose of the model.

Edited by PeterP

Try this:

CockpitLocalPoint[su_25T] = {3.906, 0.466, 0.0}

Thanks ! So much better!! +1 :)

I already thought to mess with it - but I feared to spend hours with try'n'error. ...I can only do things like this when my wife is not watching!!:D - thanks again for saving me (us) the time!

:P So, once again :

Used aspect is 2:1 on 1400x700 windowed.

( I usually use 22:10 at 3840x1792 fullscreen -but this makes no noticeable difference . I had to reduce the size to make the video )

Used settings for the 6DOF:

I left this on Default:

Server.lua:

EyePoint[su_25] = {0,0,0}

This is edited:

Server.lua:

CockpitLocalPoint[su_25T] = {3.906, 0.466, 0.0}

Server.lua:

limits_6DOF[su_25T] = {x = {-0.02,0.7 } ,y = {-0.15,0.35} ,z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90}

Server.lua:

CameraAngleLimits[su_25T] = {140.0, -65.0, 90.0}

View.lua:

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_25T] = {20.0, 160.0} -- 160 is only useful at a aspect of 16:3 (3x16:9)

Server.lua/View.lua:

CameraAngleRestriction[su_25T] = {0,90,0.5}

As you can see - the only "Big" problem is the transition of the Cockpit front dash to the nose of the model.

Edited by PeterP

• 3 months later...

FYI, when I tried to use Ricardo's HD cockpit along with this 6DOF fix that there were definitely more issues of "black" spaces inside the cockpit. I guest I shouldn't be surprised. I looked for, but haven't found, an alternate 6DOF set of parameters that make the two work together. I'm afraid I don't what to change, and by how much, to make this work.

Thanks.