Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Hey Glowing Amraam, have you fallen a sleep or something? Where's the promo video?

I wonder if there is anything new to show in FC3, is it worth spending time (and money) making a video?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......(and money) making a video?

What money is GA going to spend making a vid?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Is GA doing all these products promotional videos for free?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

"Time is money", as they say?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is GA doing all these products promotional videos for free?

Do you know any different? If not, it's always wise to never assume.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, I see. Should I start whining about how it takes 8 missiles to shoot down a laggy Su-27, and how those R-73's do loops around your plane and hit you? :)

What is logical indeed is that you have failed to read the explanations of such events when they did happen, and then you would have known that this happens when you have laggy players regardless of which side's jets they are flying.

Laggy players... I was talking about core of game and answered by one of the main multiplayer problems, lagging.. GGTharos, you can be sure that, a F15 lags far more than a Fulcrum when runing away from R77's.. As you know it can fly more then 2.5M at see level, when it lags it disappears from my 23" monitor..

Anyway, you people always know better, keep going..

Do you know any different? If not, it's always wise to never assume.
It is all right, you don't have to answer. Then, you shouldn't ask the question either. And, yes, time is money.

Then, you shouldn't ask the question either..

Exactly. You should not infer/assume - it's bad manners.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly. You should not infer/assume - it's bad manners.

I don't think Hajduk said anything that is remotely close to "bad manners". Time IS money, even if you're doing something for free, spend hours on it, you could have made money either out of it or of something else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

You do not comment/infer circumstance/assume terms on the contractual relationship that may exist between two parties if you do not even have a remote vested interest in said relationship. It is and remains their personal affair/business.

Doing so is bad manners.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting fairy tale :)

Laggy players... I was talking about core of game and answered by one of the main multiplayer problems, lagging.. GGTharos, you can be sure that, a F15 lags far more than a Fulcrum when runing away from R77's.. As you know it can fly more then 2.5M at see level, when it lags it disappears from my 23" monitor..

Anyway, you people always know better, keep going..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You do not comment/infer circumstance/assume terms on the contractual relationship that may exist between two parties if you do not even have a remote vested interest in said relationship. It is and remains their personal affair/business.

Doing so is bad manners.

With all due respect, I think you're reading too much into Hajduk's comment and are unneccessarily making a big deal out of it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Why should an Su or MiG fly low to stand a chance against an F-15? This is something I've always had hard time to understand.

Why do you think F-15's fly high? Let a Su or Mig fly against a 15 in his territory and see what happens. I'm not sure how Su-27's or mig-29 fly, but US jets always have a wingman or 4-ship. Guess what that means, mutual support.

The record means nothing in this context, if we had MiG-21's and 23's instead of Flankers then yes we could say so as the F-15 has butchered these aircraft without getting a scratch, Flankers have never faced F-15's in the big outdoors, ever.

The problem in FC is that the Su-27 is the S version with a dumbed down version of it's 20th century tech while the F-15C is using a dumbed down version 21st century tech. If FC had a modern 21st century Flanker then it would be a whole different ball game.

And the F-15 is missing a bunch of features. We can go on for days about this. Same thing would happen to them. Unless a Air Force flies and trains as much as the US, nothing is basically going to change for jets going against it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Negative Flank:

Notching is reduction of doppler effect by flying 90 degrees off a radar emittion source, and it only works if the attacker aircraft is looking down against you and ground clutter.

Notching=lawn mowers, yes its annoying but a valid tactic and it will still be seen in FC3 almost for sure.

This might be the case in the sim but not the same IRL. The notch does not have to be performed in a look-down down aspect.

This might be the case in the sim but not the same IRL. The notch does not have to be performed in a look-down down aspect.

Surely a Radar computer would be able to process and target a target flying 90 degrees off a radar emotion source, when there is no ground clutter present.

Nate

Flying high while 90 degrees off only presents a FAT juicy target to your opposition.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You can't notch AESA radar.....hehehe...and ground clutter is now not a factor... but again we don't have AESA radar. Just a little factoid.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

And the F-15 is missing a bunch of features. We can go on for days about this. Same thing would happen to them. Unless a Air Force flies and trains as much as the US, nothing is basically going to change for jets going against it.

I said both Flanker and F-15 were dumbed down in FC the Flanker being an old variant, if FC had an Su-30 or 27SM with TWS and actives then it would be a different ballgame to what we have now, nothing to debate for days there.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I want Mig-29S to be able to engage 2 targets at a time.

I want Su-30 to be able to refuel mid air.

Also, I just want atleast the basic functions of the aircraft, like Su-30 refueling, Su-33 canard breaks/ canard take-off position, wingman's jet performs same as player, improvements in light and rain/snow (gradual reduction in visibility as distance increases).

I said this while FC 2 was in discussion and now again.

For simplicity the physics engine uses the real world values and calculates according to that but variation in data of Aim-120 lets it perform better than data equal to real life as others.

Weight and diameter of R-27s was more than real life while for most of the missiles it was equal to real life. They don't have continuous rod type war head not just simple blast fragmentation. Missile losses lock too easily doesn't even go to its max G value.

Aim-120B/C weight and diameter were less than in real life. Weight of warhead was more while other missiles had the same as real life. Catches targets out of its scan area after losing track. Missile's seeker looks straight after losing track and will only acquire if a target comes within that scan area, gimbal limits is a different thing.

This needs to be corrected.

Edited by combatace

Probably as a result of everybody exhausting every narrative possible.

Please relax, unwind and enjoy yourself. (and live up to your name......I am of course assuming you know what a 'dime bag' is)

Yes, I suggest everyone take a 'chill pill' as you suggest, tensions are running high as you can see. The reason for my statement was that this thread has turned into an f-15 vs flanker s*#t fight match; the are plenty of those elsewhere in the forum, so I am suggesting those people should continue their slinging matches there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

I have some questions. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I fail at searching.

Does the host in Multiplayer need FC3 installed to get the missile AFM?

Is there a manual out for FC3? Or will the FC2 manual do?

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Why do you think F-15's fly high? Let a Su or Mig fly against a 15 in his territory and see what happens. I'm not sure how Su-27's or mig-29 fly, but US jets always have a wingman or 4-ship. Guess what that means, mutual support.

Not sure we're on the same frequency here Cali. What are you talking about?

I said flying low is not the only option for Su's and MiG's against F-15.

The Eagle has the upper hand at high angels but that doesn't mean you can't do the same on a Russian Fighter. Mutual support isn't exclusive to the F-15 either.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj